Nominations

Holly, that problem should

be fixed now.

Hmmmm…very stubborn…I

just tried nominating him for a bunch of races and then realized that it is now saying he was

nominated but when i go back to the same race page he is still eligiable to be nominated. So

basically it’s saying it’s nominated him but not really doing it, no money is decucted from

my budget either. Lol…it this just isolated to me or is anyone else having trouble

nominated the last horse on your list…lol. I’m so sorry Shanthi.

Should be fixed now.

Hey Shanthi,

I was just

wondering something… The Kentucky Derby is listed as being on the 05-04 on the Nominations

page but it is down on the schedule as being on the 04-30. I was just wondering if the dates

for the English/Irish One/Two Thousand Guineas races were correct. I’m just planning some

schedules that’s all. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Jase

The Derby will be run on May

1. I forgot to fiddle with the schedule, as 2005 has one extra race day than 2004, so I need

a new day of stakes races.

Okay awesome, so we get

another lot of stakes for April then?

Thanks Shanthi! :smiley:

Hey Shanthi,

I think

you’ve put the Queen’s Plate Stakes as being fillies when it should be colts. :slight_smile: Just

realised when I went to nominate today.

I was just

wondering…

In the event that there are more than 14 nominations for a race - presuming

each stable has two runners max - how do we determine who are the 14 horses to run? Is it

first in best dressed? Or will it be based on a points/earnings system like the Breeders’

Cup or real-life nominations are?

Hypothetically [wow, big word] if 7 stables nominate 2/3

horses and another 5 nominate just one, we could end up with a field of 20 or so horses. What

I would like to kinda figure out is which six horses deserve to get rejected, or placed as

‘emergencies’ - don’t know if you guys have them over there or not…

Take the Derby

for example with 26 nominations. Even with two horses per stable running, that still leaves

three horses that may potentially miss out. How are we going to determine this fairly when

everyone has paid up? Obviously if we are to have a full field, the top 14 horses should

run.

Just me being overly thoughful - for lack of a better word… :stuck_out_tongue:

In that case, it will be

like the real Derby, the horses with the most Graded Stakes earnings will run.

Okay, awesome. :smiley:

Breeders’ Cup nominations

are now being accepted.

Note: For 2009 only, you will be able

to nominate horses of all ages for the Breeders’ Cup. Starting in 2010, only weanlings will

be eligible for nomination. (Remember, the nomination is a lifetime one, so nominating as a

weanling means the horse can race in the BC its entire life.)

For the Breeders’ Cup, you

will only see horses listed whose sires have BC nominations for that

year.

Stallion Owners - View <a

href=‘http://www.finalfurlong.org/mb/index.php?showtopic=1915’ target=’_blank’>this

thread for details on nominating your studs.

Final Note: Just a reminder,

Breeders’ Series races still do not work. That’s my next project. :wink:

Just wondering…

Is

there an error maybe with the Prince Of Wales Stakes? On the schedule it is listed as a dirt

race, but on the nominations page it is coming up as turf.

I think that’s because

there are 2 Prince of Wales Stakes (one on the turf in England, one on the dirt in Canada).

Once I have time I’ll set the nominations page up so that it actually pulls the right race

info. :wink:

But the Prince of Wales Stakes on the nomination page, which is part of the

Canadian Triple Crown, is run on the dirt.

Awesome, thanks Shanthi!

Shanthi,

I was just going through nominating my weanlings for some of the big races for 2016 and had a question.

In the FAQ, it says that you can only nominate a weanling for the BC races if it’s sire is nominated as a BC sire. It also says that the nomination is for life.

Am I interpreting the FAQ correctly that if a horse is nominated for the BC races and later becomes a sire, that does not qualify him as a BC sire?

Also, if a sire is nominated as a BC sire for a particular year, the status of BC sire does not carry forward to subsequent years?

I think that I have interpreted the FAQ correctly on those two questions but would be grateful if you could confirm this for me.

Thanks.

There are 2 types of BC nominations.  1) pre-retirement, that qualifies the horse to enter BC races.  The FAQ needs to be updated to account for supplemental nominations, but it is (by far) cheapest to nominate horses when they’re weanlings. 2) nominations as stallions so that their foals can be nominated (cheaply) to run in BC races.  The two options are completely independent of each other.

That is true.  Stallion owners need to re-pay the nomination fee each year if they want that year’s breeding (next year’s foals) to be eligible for low-cost nomination.

Hi!

Shanthi,

What was ever decided on the race nominations?  There was a suggestion floating around about eliminating them all together and because of that I had held off nominating some of my horses because it was eating up a large sum of money…lol…now I’m in a pickle because I noticed nominations had closed for the second leg of the 2yo triple I was really interested in and never nominated my horses for them yet. 
Can we do a supplemental nomination for these races as well (for now, at least) since FF horses who are not nominated get to fill these nomination only races.  This way those who waited or had forgot (etc.) will get a chace to enter before the FF horses get filled in.  Thank you for your time.

Holly @ CDS

Lol…okay so either no one knows or it’s a sensitive topic.  Either way I would just like to know if there was any additional thought put into this or maybe I should request it in the bug system…

~Was elimitating fees an option that was being considered?
~If not, could we consider allowing late supplemental fees?

Any other thoughts or suggestions others may feel is better?

I remembered a disscussion on eliminating fees but just didn’t know if the idea just died with the disscussion or if it’s still being considered.