Just say NO! (Or, they could say it for me ;))

What area(s) are you looking to buy in? I thought you lived on the west coast? :smiley: lol Ohio is a haul from further east. Or am I just talking outta my… :shock:

Nope, haven’t lived on the west coast since 1991 or so. I was living in Maryland until a few days ago, and now I’m in North Carolina. Ohio’s still a bit of a haul, of course, but not as bad as if the horse had to go all the way west.

haha okay =) west coast, east coast… i can barely tell the difference… Can you tell I’m from the midwest? :lol:

They posted another set of pictures. :slight_smile:

Picture

She looks fuzzy, obviously.

Fuzzy, yes, but beautiful all the same!

I was looking at canter This morning ^^ my dad works with a Race horse owner, and he suggested that my dad go there is he wanted a good prospect horse for jumping and such…i found a pretty 3yo gelding that i applied for . i have enough to get him myself.

His is:

Luckey D
3yo Gelding
Grey
15.3 plus and still growing
believed Sound for all disciplines, Including Jumping.

canterusa.org/michigan/sale/ … ukey_D.jpg

canterusa.org/michigan/sale/ … ey_D-2.jpg

Is she at Beulah, or Thistle, or River, I guess? :lol: Those people disgust me, why don’t they feed their horses, that mare could probably run if they put 200lbs on her. We have racehorses and none of them have ever been that skinny. I bet you get a diamond in the rough for sure, she will be a totally different horse when you get her and give her some TLC, Shanti.

If you want a big horse there is a 17.2+ gelding for sale on Southern IL canter. :lol: The Ox is what we call him, raised him as a baby but sold him when he was a yearling. Crippled though. Poor thing is permanently bucked over at the knees. MJ, the guy holding him is over 6 ft tall.

canterusa.org/southernillino … os/joe.jpg

She’s at Beulah. I’m considering heading up there this weekend to meet her in person, assuming tomorrow’s vet check goes OK.

Luckey D is cute, Jei.

And grljck - somehow I doubt Shanthi wants a crippled gelding when she’s looking for a horse to event/breed :wink:

there is only one problem Andrea it’s in “Mason, Michigan” there are two -.-; one is in Ingam a 45 minute drive at about 44 miles -cough- the other is at the top of the U.P up by Lake superior in Houghton at a 9 hour drive and about 554 miles …i wish they would specify…but i think its the closer one considering that all the other places are closer… ^^;

He’s cute, what are you planning on doing with him? I almost bought a gelding that looked exactly like him but the sellers wouldn’t drop the price to what I could afford :frowning: Hope it works out for you!

Eventualy after getting used to him, and such… (if i can get him…it’s up in the air for now) I would probably do hunt jumping…i’ve not been doing well with my QH…he can jump them with out even trying but he dosen’t want to! -.-; and i think if work hard enough with him…that Lukey would be really good…he looks like he’d have the heart for it…well i think he dose…

Woo! :smiley:

The vet looked at MTR (need to come up with a “real” name for her :wink:) and said she looks really nice, clean legs, flexes fine, trots out nicely, etc.

The best part? She’s 16.3h, not 16h. :smiley: A much nicer surprise than 15.2h instead of 16h!

Now I just need to find a way to get her from Ohio to my barn. :slight_smile:

He yeah… AWESOME on size… lol… The new pics you sent are great of her… She’s very feminine and has a great shoulder, with a really deep chest… I agree, soooo skinny! Her withers stick up like razor blades… Oh shanthi’ll fatten her up if she makes the journey…
Ohio… I wish I could tell you I had a cousin named vinni out there… but alas… 8)

Just a suggestion. Some of the trainers might go to Moutaineer racecourse. Maybe you could find one going there this week which would be a lot closer for you to find a ride for her. I know Ben Feliciano goes to Moutaineer a lot, but he is at Thistledowns. Joe Woodard might go that far. Creech goes everywhere and is an awesome hauling company. Good Luck.

Only downside is that she’s racing on Thursday…hopefully she won’t injure herself (or get claimed :roll: ), since I guess the racing office wasn’t too keen on the idea of scratching her.

Wish me luck! Miss Talbot Road (tentatively renamed “Magic”, with “Majestic” as a show name) is racing in Race 9 today. She’s one of the longest shots (15/1), which makes sense, since she hasn’t won a race in over 8 months. :wink:

Anyway, hopefully by 3pm it’ll all be over and she won’t be injured/claimed. :smiley: And then she can (hopefully) come to NC on Sunday!

Good luck. I’m anxious to see her after all this :wink:. Though guess I’ll have to wait since you’ll probably be out of town again by Monday morning and I prob won’t be back in daylight Sun.

I’m planning on going out at like 8am Monday morning before I drive to Richmond…we’ll see if that actually happens, though. :wink: I’m also planning on driving to MD tonight so that I can get all my horsey stuff, too. (At least it’s only 2 hours from here.)

Results are up - she finished 8th/9, and the 9th horse got pulled up (:(), so that’s not saying much. :stuck_out_tongue:

However, she didn’t get pulled up, which is good, and theoretically her finish is depressing enough that her owners won’t be wanting to keep her longer. :wink: Hopefully I can get in touch with her trainer tonight and see how she came out of the race, and such.