Just say NO! (Or, they could say it for me ;))

Yeah, I’ve become insanely picky, according to Andrea. :stuck_out_tongue: I want a 3-5yo TB filly, ex-racer/off-the-track (but still mostly green…s’no fun if she comes pre-trained), grey, 16h+. I’ve seen about 3 that meet that description in the last few months, and this one’s the most promising.

She’s 4, she’s been racing her whole life and apparently gets very excited about racing, but just can’t really compete when on the track. According to the trainer, she’s sound, sane, and sweet, which is a good combo. :wink:

And yeah, the plan is to do eventing/breeding, eventually.

Shanthi sell your current filly now and buy her. Do you have any bites on the one you got now? What is her name anyway? You talk about her all the time but i dont know her name. lol

Her name’s Emma, here’s her website, and I’m hopefully selling her tomorrow, though I’ve been saying that for a week or so now, thanks to these people being total scatterbrained and clueless about buying horses.

Wow they have been looking at her for a week already? How annoying. lol Shes cute. Why are you selling her again?

They’ve been looking at her for 2 1/2 weeks (though I was out of town for a week of that).

I’m selling her because she’s not as big as I’d like, and she’s not as fast as I’d like.

Ah yes the height factor is a big one. I am like 5’10" so I need a tall horse too.

I don’t need a big horse, but I definitely like them. :wink:

Step 1: Sell my filly Done! :smiley:
Step 2: Vet Cherish The Groom
Step 3: Buy Cherish The Groom

8)

Congrats on the sell!

My horse actualy has a sell pending, and he got it after he drug me around the arena by my shirt. >.> Cool beans, eh?

Yay Congrats on the sale!

She’s a really nice filly, i hope this one works out for you!

Good luck Shanthi! :smiley:

Yeah, Emma actually got 2 mixed reviews today (trainer that rode her was spazzing about her fussing, but then went on to canter her under saddle for the first time in her life…vet was pissed at her bad attitude and then went on to rave about her good looks and great feet), but she still sold, even with the people being iffy for a few weeks now.

So…yay! Her new owner is going to spoil her rotten and she’s going to be a very happy filly. :slight_smile:

No go on the grey filly, though. :frowning: The vet said she’s 15.2, not 16h, and the price/height ratio was a bit much, considering.

Back to the drawing board, I guess. :slight_smile:

Hey thats too bad. I guess you will just have to keep looking. It could be fun though.

Found another one! :wink:

Miss Talbot Road
Picture

The picture’s rather awful, but more pictures should be coming tomorrow. :slight_smile: She’s 4, 16h, and sound after 25 races.

Ooooh she’s pretty. I like her eye, it looks calm and soft. I know you said you wanted a grey horse but I think her color is beautiful, her neck looks dappled to me and once she fills out and gets some shine on her coat I think she’ll be gorgeous.

Plus, coming from a former owner of a grey horse, they can be pretty but they’re NOT worth the effort it takes to keep them clean. My mare’s tail was always an ugly urine yellow stained color, she was constantly dirty, her nose would sunburn, plus greys almost always develop melanomas, and once they turn to a white grey I don’t think their as pretty, but just my opinion. Anyways I love rich bays with lots of white.

How far away is she from where you live?

I like that one maybe even more than the gray, prettier head in my opinion. I love Canter it is such a great place to find a retired racehorses, not that I have ever bought a horse from them. lol I think this one is worth checking out as well.

Yeah, greys are my favorite, but dark/bright horses with lots of white are pretty, too. Not that this mare has “lots” of white, but she’s cute enough (apparently she’s got a star, too).

She’s in Ohio, same as the grey (who has apparently been sold :slight_smile:).

I can tell she’s really pretty even though the pic isn’t very good! I hope it works out for you Shanthi!