Clicker Lab 2028 foals

Welcome the Mexican crop!
Three bay foals in the morning.

Aztlán
NCh. Fool To Be Smokin’ x Ch. Opulent (G) - Ch. Irish River (S)
8.2h bay colt

All amazing mares in his lineage. Opulent is now gold ranked and a Reine-de-Course (I/C). Her best foal so far is Ch. Influencer, a multi-millionaire after just five races as a 3yo.
Aztlán (from Nahuatl languages) is the ancestral home of the Aztec peoples.

B’an
NCh. Devil’s Heir x Ch. Argelian (S) - ICh. Candidate (G)
9.2h bay filly

She is 3x3 inbred to War Admiral. Should prefer turf. Name means “perfection” in zoque language (indigenous to southern Mexico).

B’inchal ne’k
Nyquist x Ch. Fräulein Schläfrig - FFCh. I’m No Fool (S)
8.1h bay filly

First foal for dam, and her dam had only two foals. Name means “reduce to minimum, minimize” in zoque.

__
1 colt 2 fillies
40 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 1/1/28)

6 Likes

Chihuahua
Gun Runner x Ch. Rapid Idea - NCh. Black Light II
8.1h brown colt

A lovely brown colt today. First foal for dam, with a rare pedigree as Black Light II isn’t the most popular of stallions, but I thought it’d be good to have him in a damline.
Chihuahua is of course a popular breed of miniature dog, but also a state in Mexico, bordering the United States. However, you’re free to imagine a tiny brown Chihuahua racing against thoroughbreds!

__
2 colts 2 fillies
39 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 1/1/28)

7 Likes

Coatlicue
ICh. Starling (S) x GCh. Eerschay - Frankel
9.1h bay filly

Coatlicue is my favourite prehispanic goddess. She has feet and claws of a jaguar and a necklace of snakes and human hands and faces around her head. Doesn’t make her a classical beauty but hey, not everyone is!

Criollo
NCh. Tense Imagination x Ch. Vanished Valentina - Invasor
9.1h chestnut colt

Criollo is a south American breed of horse, but also a word for people of Spanish origin who were born in Mexico (and maybe in other countries of Latin America too).

Durango
NCh. Fiddler’s Green x Ch. I Don’t Do Drama - ICh. Starling
8.1h bay colt

Durango is one of Mexican states. I haven’t been there but I visited six other! It’s been quite a journey and the day after tomorrow I’m coming home.

__
4 colts 3 fillies
36 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 1/1/28)

6 Likes

And a lovely filly.

Danza del Venado
NCh. Away The Lads (B) x Ch. Natalma - WCh. All Jazzed Up (S)
8.3h brown filly

Danza del venado (Deer Dance) is performed in the states of Sonora and Sinaloa, and in the far south of Arizona by the Yaquis and Mayos. They harness a deer to pay tribute to its enduring spirit after it’s been hunted, illustrating its struggle in the dance. The dance is a part of ceremonies aimed at the renewal of life in spring.
This filly is 3x4 inbred to Whirlaway.

__
4 colts 4 fillies

4 Likes

Fun fact: in 2018 I had a Spanish themed crop, but didn’t think of going to Mexico back then! Some of these still stick around as racehorses, many are retired, and two remain at my stable as champion broodmares, including Ch. Puede Que Haya who is due to foal soon.

3 Likes

Ensayo Filosófico
NCh. Cop in Morgue x Ch. Irrtum - NCh. Space Chips
8.1h black colt

This colt’s name means philosophical essay, because I was in a library. His sire is bred by me and his grandsire qualified for stud at Clicker Lab and is our resident stallion. All in the family!

__
5 colts 4 fillies

5 Likes

Fresa
Knicks Go x Ch. Blitzschnell - NCh. Quintet
8.3h dapple grey colt

Fresa (Spanish for strawberry) or Eres Fresa, is a slang, socially used in Mexico and some parts of Latin America to describe a cultural stereotype of superficial youngsters who, by the traditional definition of the word, came from an educated, upper-class family.
__
6 colts 4 fillies

5 Likes

A tiny filly today!

Guadelupe
GCh. Emoji x Ch. Fool For Flowers - FFCh. I’m No Fool
7.3h dark bay filly

Guadelupe is a neighbourhood of Mexico City, in the past a separate town - Villa de Guadelupe, site of the most renowned Marian apparition in the Americas, which attracts thousands of pilgrims every year.

__
6 colts 5 fillies
32 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 2/3/28)

4 Likes

Congrats on the lovely Emoji filly!

1 Like

Renamed the January 10 colt to El Chapo, after listening to this BBC “Good Bad Billionaire” podcast: El Chapo - The story of Mexican drug lord Joaquín Archivaldo Guzmán Loera, better known as El Chapo, the leader of one of the world’s most prolific, violent and powerful drug cartels.

I’m a fan of BBC journalism and their podcasts! And the colt’s name fits I think, considering his parents’ names :wink:

El Chapo
NCh. Cop in Morgue x Ch. Irrtum - NCh. Space Chips
8.1h black colt

6 Likes

New black colt today.

Huitlacoche
NCh. Last For More (B) x NCh. Wiry Feeling - WCh. As You Wish (B)
8.3h black colt

Huitlacoche, also known as “corn smut”, is a type of edible fungus that grows on corn in high humidity. In Mexico it’s considered a delicacy and added to many dishes. It also appeared in my garden, and I ate it!
This is the third foal for Wiry Feeling, the first one is a 2yo and should start racing soon. All are black, like mama.

__
7 colts 5 fillies
31 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 2/3/28)

4 Likes

Another black foal today!

Itzcalli
NCh. Worthy Victor (S) x Ch. Tipping the Velvet - Deep Impact
9.1h black filly

Itzcalli is a name of Aztec (Nahuatl) origin and means “god of fertility”, “creator of living things”. I’m not sure if it’s a feminine name, but sounds like it!

__
7 colts 6 fillies
30 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 2/7/28)

5 Likes

Chestnut for a change.

Muchacha
NCh. Allinvain (B) x Ch. Puede Que Haya - Monarchos
9.1h chestnut filly

Muchacha means girl, young lady. And Puede Que Haya is one of my Spanish themed foals!

__
7 colts 7 fillies
29 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 2/29/28)

5 Likes

New colt today!

Nahuatl
NCh. Allinvain (B) x Ch. Shes Too Classy (S) - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
8.2h bay colt

1/2 brother to GCh. Femme, Ch. I Don’t Do Drama, Ch. Leeway, Ch. Marlene Dietrich.
Nahuatl is a group of languages of the Uto-Aztecan language family. Nahuatl has been spoken in central Mexico since at least the seventh century CE. It was the language of the Aztec/Mexica, who dominated what is now central Mexico during the Late Postclassic period of Mesoamerican history.

__
8 colts 7 fillies
28 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 2/29/28)

5 Likes

Macehualtin
NCh. Carrowmore (S) x Ch. On The Avenue - ICh. Dr. Evil
9.1h black colt

This colt is 2x3 inbred to Irish River.
The mācēhualtin were the commoner social class in Aztec society. The mācēhualtin worked lands that belonged to the social unit of the calpolli called chinampas, with each family maintaining rights to the land so long as it did not lie fallow for more than two years.

Nemontemi
GCh. Northern Invasion x Ch. Lointaine (B) - Octagonal (S)
9.3h bay filly

1/2 sister to Ch. Artemor, Ch. Blitzschnell.
In the Aztec culture, the Nahuatl word nēmontēmi refers to a period of five intercalary days inserted between the 360 days labeled with numbers and day-names in the main part of the Aztec seasonal calendar. Their location was roughly around 5–18 April every Gregorian year.

Unfortunately another Northern Invasion filly, out of GCh. The Woman In Black, has died.
__
9 colts 8 fillies
25 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 2/29/28)

4 Likes

Just a stillborn foal today :frowning: a filly out of Ch. Daphnis.

Sorry for your loss

1 Like

After some losses in the breeding department we now have a healthy filly out of a retired broodmare.

OLLA
NCh. AndLikeThatHesGone (B) x Ch. Sugar ‘n’ Spice (S) - Created
8.1h dark bay filly

1/2 sister to Ch. Eerschay, Ch. Filipendulous. Ollas are clay pots used for irrigation in gardening, but also in Spanish the word just means “pot”, and apparently in ancient farming systems they were used in the same manner.

__
9 colts 9 fillies
23 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 2/29/28)

3 Likes

Beautiful filly born today.

PULQUE
NCh. Painted Raven (B) x Ch. Yaqona - ICh. Unabridged
9h dark grey filly

Pulque (Nahuatl: metoctli), occasionally known as octli or agave wine, is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented sap of maguey (agave) plant. It is traditional in central Mexico, where it has been produced for millennia. It has the color of milk, a rather viscous consistency and a sour yeast-like taste. Maguey was one of the most sacred and important plants in ancient Mexico. It had a privileged place in mythology, religious rituals and the Mesoamerican economy.

__
9 colts 10 fillies
22 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 3/30/28)

4 Likes

PPILLIMTEC
NCh. Franco Classico x Ch. Klarinette - NCh. Quintet
8.2h bay filly

First foal for homebred dam. Continuing on the musical theme, Ppillimtec is an Aztec god of music and poetry.

__
9 colts 11 fillies
21 Foals Still Due This Year (Next Due On 3/30/28)

4 Likes