Black Storm 2027 Foals

COTTON CANDY, 10.1h black filly
NCh. Straticus (B) x Ch. Hard Candy - NCh. Worthy Victor
Nearly a month late, Hard Candy safely delivered a MASSIVE filly. Hard Candy will visit Glorious Victory for 2028.

All our overdue mares have officially foaled. On to March!

69 Foals: 41 colts | 28 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Mare Retired | 1 Stillborn

5 Likes

STARS ABOVE, 9.2h strawberry roan filly
Ch. Honeydukes x Margiela - FFCh. I’m No Fool
I tried to deliberately breed a strawberry roan, and I got my wish! Name is a nod to the granddam, Star Spun. Second foal and filly for SP dam. Margiela will visit All That Appeal next.

DELAPIERRE, 8.3h brown filly
Ch. Beratis x Ch. Marseillaise - Oscillation (S)
Curious to see how this filly does. Dam is a MSW homebred and half to 2 other MSWs and 5 SWs total, including a mare who produced MSW Bastille, whom we own. Marseillaise will visit Honeydukes next.

I OBJECT, 9.3h black colt
Ch. Beratis x Ch. Wedding Chorale - NCh. Black Warrior
First colt for MSW homebred dam. Wedding Chorale will visit Dark Ages for 2028.

72 Foals: 42 colts | 30 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Mare Retired | 1 Stillborn

5 Likes

UNDERHANDED, 9.1h flea-bitten grey colt
Ch. Beratis x GCh. Unimpeded - NCh. Joyeux Oiseau
Not sold on the name. Second foal for MSW dam. Unimpeded will visit Honeydukes for 2028.

73 Foals: 43 colts | 30 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Mare Retired | 1 Stillborn

5 Likes

Fillies!

MOLLIE KATHLEEN, 8.3h black filly
NCh. Straticus (B) x Ch. Aggressive Honey - GCh. Dixie Time
Named for a gold mine in Colorado. No idea how she’ll run, as none of her half-sibs have started, and none of the dam’s half-sisters have foals. Aggressive Honey will visit Honeydukes next.

HEXS AND OHS, 8h black filly
GCh. Fivel x Ch. Mage Born - NCh. Seattle Sorcerer (S)
Half to winner Jellyfish Witch. Mage Born will see Honeydukes next.

LILY OF WICKLOW, 8.3h dark bay filly
WCh. Sionnach (B) x Ch. Water Lily - Sea the Stars
As we purchased the dam in foal last December, I completely forgot to expect this foal! Wicklow is a town in Ireland, and home of a pub called the Brass Fox (Sionnach means fox). Water Lily has gone to Beratis.

76 Foals: 43 colts | 33 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Mare Retired | 1 Stillborn

6 Likes

MAGNA CARTA, 8h dark grey filly
Ch. Dark Ages x Mord’Sith - GCh. Must Be Magic (S)
Half to SP Mor’smoke, and from the same family as MSWs GCh. Second Wedding and GCh. Antoinette De. Mord’Sith will visit Nobly Regal for 2028.

GRASSHOPPER, 9.2h black colt
GCh. Fivel x Mosquito - GCh. Worth My While (S)
Half to MSW Ch. Lacewing. Mosquito will visit Local Haunt next.

78 Foals: 44 colts | 34 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Mare Retired | 1 Stillborn

Just down to 5 left for March!

4 Likes

ALLEZ CUPID, 9.3h bay colt
Authentic x Alley Heart (B) - ICh. Alley Cat (S)
Half to MSW Ch. Cafune and SP Aznakayevo. Alley Heart will visit Fivel next.

WELLY BOOTS, 9h gray colt
GCh. Dark Ages x Ch. Grey Boots (S) - Oscillation (S)
Half to SPs Fair to Tell You and Demasiado Elegante. Grey Boots has been sent to Beratis.

DUTCH CARNIVAL, 9.3h bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Cherry Cheesecake (G) - Distinct Possibili (S)
Named after Dutch carnival cake. Half to MSWs Ch. Cherries Jubilee, Ch. Heavy Sugar, Ch. Get the Axe, and Ch. Maraschino. Cherry Cheesecake has gone to Local Haunt for 2028.

81 Foals: 47 colts | 34 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Mare Retired | 1 Stillborn

4 Likes

BALESTRA, 7.3h grey filly
GCh. Dark Ages x Bold Wench (P) - Bold Ruler (S)
I am very sad to report the retirement of one of our most beloved broodmares after delivering a healthy, albeit very premature filly. As a broodmare, Bold Wench was our first and only mare to achieve Platinum status, producing 11 foals with 100% winners from 8 foals. Those foals include stallions NCh. Beratis and GCh. High South, as well as MSWs GCh. Brahminy and Ch. Batris, and SWs Ch. Brandy Alexandra and Ch. Battle Section. We are very lucky to own not just two sons of hers to carry on her name, but her daughters Brahmy, Bonny Swan, and now Balestra.

82 Foals: 47 colts | 35 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 2 Mares Retired | 1 Stillborn

4 Likes

So sorry to hear about Bold Wench! We’re very lucky to own Bacardi, who hits the track this year. Hopefully, he’s just as good as Beratis & High South :heart:

1 Like

HOLD ME BACK, 9h dark bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Hold the Cream (S) - Point Given (S)
Unfortunately we lost Hold the Cream shortly after she delivered. This was just her fifth foal, and I’m quite sad to lose her so soon as I had tried for years to tap into Cream of the Crop’s family (Hold the Cream was her half-sister). Half to SW Ch. Black Mirrors.

83 Foals: 48 colts | 35 fillies | 4 Mare Deaths | 2 Mares Retired | 1 Stillborn

3 Likes

POE, 9.2h black colt
NCh. Straticus (B) x Midnight Return (G) - Ch. Magic Cross (S)
I knew this might not end well with Midnight Return being being nearly 4 weeks late. She delivered a lovely big colt, and was promptly retired. One of my favorite mares, we had her for 12 years (I’ve been here too long). Midnight Return produced 10 foals, with 100% winners and 5 black-type foals including stallion GCh. Honeydukes. We also own her daughters Ch. Rosette and Midnight Dreary.

84 Foals: 49 colts | 35 fillies | 4 Mare Deaths | 3 Mares Retired | 1 Stillborn

2 Likes

EMBERWAVE, 9.1h black filly
Nyquist x Ember Hue - ICh. Magic Glory (S)
Dam is a MSW half-sister to MSW GCh. Marseillaise and SW Ch. French Revolution (dam of MSW Ch. Bastille). No idea how the Nyquists will run. Ember Hue will visit Fivel for 2028.

FAR FAR AWAY, 9.3h bay colt
GCh. Spirit in the Sky x Ch. Giant’s Frolic - Giant’s Causeway (S)
BIG colt for MSW dam. I am very hopeful for a Lasting Spirit/Giant’s Causeway cross. Giant’s Frolic will visit Fivel for 2028.

TOUGH COOKIE, 9h dark grey filly
NCh. Gang of Thieves (B) x Tough Space - Candy Ride
Happy to get a filly out of this mare, and happy the name wasn’t taken! Tough Space will visit High South next.

LIKEANDSUBSCRIBE, 8.3h chestnut filly
GCh. Emoji x Prom Dress - NCh. Formal Occasion
First foal for multi-winning dam. She never achieved black type on the track but was on the board in 15/20 starts, and is half to MSW ICh. Hollywood Wren. Excited to see how Emoji does at start. Prom Dress will visit All That Appeal next.

88 Foals: 50 colts | 38 fillies | 4 Mare Deaths | 3 Mares Retired | 1 Stillborn

5 Likes

ALIQUI, 8.3h chestnut filly
Ch. Honeydukes x Ch. Amatus - NCh. Golden Text
First foal for MSW dam. Very happy to get a filly on the first try! Amatus will visit High South for 2028. Not sold yet on the name.

GUMDROP MAFIA, 9.3h bay colt
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Ch. National Sugar - NCh. National Post
Half to winner Single Sugar. National sugar will visit Beratis next.

90 Foals: 51 colts | 39 fillies | 4 Mare Deaths | 3 Mares Retired | 1 Stillborn

Just 31 mares left to foal this year, with 14 in the next week (if everyone cooperates, which I know they won’t) then a long break until the May babies.

4 Likes

Congrats on the healthy Venture colt! LOVE his name!!

1 Like

Yay fillies!

SILK PILLOW, 8.2h black filly
Ch. Dark Ages x Ch. Silk Parachute - GCh. Major’s Flight (B)
Bred on a lease. First foal for MSW dam, who is a half-sister to 4 other MSWs. Silk Parachute will return to Kismet Thoroughbreds.

CAT SCRATCH FEVER, 9.2h liver chestnut filly
GCh. Dark Debate x Sylvester - ICh. Alley Cat (S)
Surprised the name wasn’t taken. Half to SPs Ch. Kitty Cognac and Frosted Over. Sylvester has been sent to Honeydukes for 2028.

92 Foals: 51 colts | 41 fillies | 4 Mare Deaths | 3 Mares Retired | 1 Stillborn

4 Likes

Unfortunately our beloved Bold Wench was only able to enjoy retirement for a few weeks, as she suddenly passed in the night.

CRIMSON HUE, 8.3h dark bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x GCh. Autumn Red - ICh. What’s Your Point
Second foal for MSW homebred and a personal favorite. Very excited to see what this boy can do later. Autumn Red has gone to High South next.

HUNDRED YEARS’ WAR, 9h grey filly
Ch. Dark Ages x Ch. War Poppy - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
Half to SW Ch. Great War and SP Pyre. War Poppy will visit Nobly Regal next.

94 Foals: 52 colts | 42 fillies | 5 Mare Deaths | 2 Mares Retired | 1 Stillborn

3 Likes

Playing catch up after being out of town and it’s a bit rough with a stillborn and 2 more mare losses.

Guinan (G) foaled a stillborn colt then retired. She was a SW on the track, and produced MSWs Ch. Guiness and Ch. Gin’Tak. We own 4 of her foals, including Guiness.

Coronet (G) was on lease and produced a filly for Denoux Stud, but retired afterwards. She produced MSWs GCh. Lord of Misrule and Ch. The Trumpet Calls. We own just 1 daughter of Coronet; we were hoping to try for another filly next year.

FIZZY POP, 8.3h dark bay colt
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Ch. Carbonated - WCh. I’m Your Angel (B)
First foal for MSW dam. Carbonated has been sent to Local Haunt for 2028.

SAFIYYAH, 8.3h bay filly
Dubawi x Serafina - ICh. Devil’s Walk
Name means “pure” in Arabic. First foal for SW dam, who is a half-sister to NCh. Loewe. Serafina has been sold to Generous Bloodstock.

NUMBER THE STARS, 9.3h bay colt
GCh. Fivel x Crystal Star - WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S)
Dam is half to stallion NCh. Hollywood Knight. She has gone to All That Appeal next.

PERIPHERAL, 8.2h strawberry roan filly
GCh. Local Haunt x Ch. Stalking - WCh. Strider (S)
Always excited for more strawberry roans, especially fillies! We bred her dam, and we’ve had her sire since a weanling. Curious to see how she does once she matures. Stalking has been sent to Beratis for 2028.

98 Foals: 54 colts | 44 fillies | 5 Mare Deaths | 4 Mares Retired | 2 Stillborn

3 Likes

SEABRIGHT, 9.3h dark bay filly
GCh. Fivel x Ch. Sea Salt - Rock of Gibraltar (B)
Half to SP Seaglass. From the same family as MSW Ch. Star of the Sea. Sea Salt has gone to Local Haunt for 2028.

99 Foals: 54 colts | 45 fillies | 5 Mare Deaths | 4 Mares Retired | 2 Stillborn
Currently sitting at 5 overdue April foals, then the next batch isn’t until May.

3 Likes

SOUTHERNCITYLIGHTS, 8.2h dark grey filly
Ch. High South x Dazzled Measure - ICh. To Die For
Wasn’t due until May. Dam is half to 3 MSWs including our own Ch. Roussillon’s Spy. Bred on a lease, Dazzled Measure will return to Kismet Thoroughbreds.

100 Foals: 54 colts | 46 fillies | 5 Mare Deaths | 4 Mares Retired | 2 Stillborn

3 Likes

NOIR LALIQUE, 9.1h brown colt
Ch. Quirky Scent x Ch. Night Owl Special - FFCh. High Chances (S)
Named for a woodsy cologne, playing off the granddam’s name Nuit Noir and thinking owl = woods + sire’s name. Half to 2 winners from 2 runners. Night Owl Special is for sale.

101 Foals: 55 colts | 46 fillies | 5 Mare Deaths | 4 Mares Retired | 2 Stillborn

4 Likes

POSH, 10.2h dark bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Evil Evening - ICh. Dr. Evil
From the same damline as stallions NCh. Fight The Twilight, GCh. Dark Ages, and NCh. Highland Burning. He was over 3 weeks late and his size definitely justifies the wait! Evil Evening has been sent to All That Appeal for 2028.

VANDERPUMPS, 9.1h light chestnut filly
GCh. Local Haunt x Stiletto - WCh. All Jazzed Up (S)
Very happy for a filly! Out of a MSP dam and half to SW Ch. Swagger. Bred on a lease, Stiletto has returned to Denoux Stud.

103 Foals: 56 colts | 47 fillies | 5 Mare Deaths | 4 Mares Retired | 2 Stillborn

3 Likes