Black Storm 2027 Foals

Sorry for your loss. :cry: Congrats on the lovely foals at least!

1 Like

FIRST TO BLUSH, 9.3h dark bay filly
GCh. Fivel x Ch. Dita Von Teese - NCh. Player
Been a rough couple days here. Dita Von Teese delivered a beautiful filly but sadly did not survive the night. A MSW on the track, this was only her second foal.

28 Foals: 18 colts | 10 fillies | 2 Mare Deaths

6 Likes

That’s a nice mare to loose. Hope this filly does well for you.

1 Like

So sorry for the loss of such wonderful mares. Hoping their foals carry on their legacy well.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. Looks like you’ve really had a hard start to the year. :cry: Hopefully her progeny do her proud.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

CURE THE BLUES, 9.3h blue roan colt
ICh. Devil’s Walk (B) x Blue Velvet (S) - Blue Ensign (S)
Finally arrives 24 days late, and luckily both mom and baby are perfectly fine. She just wasn’t in a hurry! Half to MSW Ch. Kera, and SW’s Ch. Velveteen and Ch. Black Velvet. Blue Velvet will visit All That Appeal for 2028.

Still waiting on a mare who was due the 3rd, then we’re expecting about 40 mares to foal over the next 2 weeks (presuming everyone cooperates).

29 Foals: 19 colts | 10 fillies | 2 Mare Deaths

6 Likes

Naturally that rush of foals we were expecting happened when the site went down!

PRINCE ALEXANDER, 8.2h dark bay colt
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Ch. Crown Alexandra - GCh. Tottenham Hotspur
Not even vaguely creative with the name, but he was a struggle. Half to 2yo winner Princess Dowry. Crown Alexander will visit Beratis next.

ATTICUS, 9h bay colt
NCh. Straticus (B) x Evening Prayer - War Chant (S)
Dam is half to NCh. Fight the Twilight, and her now-3yo was never off the board last year including a 4th in an ungraded stakes. Evening Prayer will visit All That Appeal.

ROMANTIQUE, 9.1h chestnut colt
Ch. Beratis x Medieval Romance - NCh. Golden Text
Half to MSW GCh. Princessinthetower. Medieval Romance has been sent to Fivel for 2028.

QUEEN’S NIGHT, 9.3h dark grey filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Memories Of Night - WCh. Nightfight (G)
Another uncreative name I might change later. SP dam’s second foal. Memories of Night will visit High South for 2028.

BADB, 9.1h mahogany bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Ch. Queen of Crows - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
The Badb or Badb Catha is an Irish war goddess who takes the form of a crow. She is half to SP Magpie Witch. Queen of Crows will visit Fivel next.

BLESSED BE, 9.2h dark bay filly
NCh. Straticus (B) x Ch. Twice Blessed - NCh. Eighteen Karat
Very excited to have a filly from this crossing. Twice Blessed was a MSW millionaire on the track and this is her first foal. She has been sent to High South to hopefully produce a turf monster.

VJESCI, 8.3h black filly
GCh. Fivel x Ch. Vampris - NCh. Dark Demand
A vjesci is a vampire from Polish folklore. This is the second foal and filly for MSW Vampris; she will visit Nobly Regal next.

36 Foals: 22 colts | 14 fillies | 2 Mare Deaths

9 Likes

I was constantly confusing Rosette with Rockette when I was racing them, so it’s only naturally they’d foal on the same night.

HONEYSUCKLE, 8.2h dark bay filly
Ch. Honeydukes x Ch. Rockette - Rock of Gibraltar (B)
Second foal and first filly for MSP dam. Rockette will visit Fivel next.

JEWEL TONE, 9.2h bay filly
GCh. Turnpike Wannabe (B) x Ch. Rosette - ICh. What’s Your Point
Dam was MSP and is half to our stallion Honeydukes. Rosette will visit Beratis next.

DARK ENERGY, 9.1h grey colt
Ch. Dark Ages x Super Stars - WCh. Double Cross (B)
I was really scared about this mare, as she was originally due January 3rd! Luckily mom and baby are perfectly fine. I thought her foal would be bigger with all the extra baking, but given the sire is 14.3hh maybe this is big. Half to MSW Ch. Galaxy. Super Stars has been sent to Nobly Regal.

VIKING MEAD, 9.1h bay colt
Ch. Honeydukes x Terrific Cover - NCh. Lasting Spirit (S)
Dam is MSP and half to Ancient Honour (platinum, dam of 6 MSWs including 2 stallions), and two silver-ranked mares. Very excited for Terrific Cover’s broodmare career. She has been sent to Beratis.

40 Foals: 24 colts | 16 fillies | 2 Mare Deaths

8 Likes

Ohhh I love Honeysuckle! Such a cute name

1 Like

OBSCURA STELLA, 8.3h bay filly
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Aureus Stella - NCh. Eighteen Karat
Very happy to receive a filly from this mare. “Aureus Stella” is Latin for golden star, and “obscura stella” is Latin for dark star. She will visit Fivel next.

ROSE WINDOW, 9h strawberry roan filly
Ch. Honeydukes x Chartres Blue - WCh. Strider (S)
So happy for a strawberry! Half to 100% winners. Chartres Blue has been sent to High South.

DIAMOND THRONE, 9h dark bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Ch. Diamond Etched - NCh. Bellagio (S)
Third foal for MSW dam, who is half to 5 other SWs including 2 MSWs. Diamond Etched will visit Honeydukes next.

SHIRAZAD, 9.2h bay filly
NCh. Beratis x Ch. Seven Veils - WCh. Gotta Go (G)
Amazed the name wasn’t taken. Her granddam is Arabian Nights, and Shirazad (also sometimes spelled Scheherazade) is the main character from Arabian Nights/One Thousand and One Nights. Seven Veils will visit Honeydukes next.

We unfortunately had our first stillborn out of Europa by Honeydukes, so she has been sent back to try again.

44 Foals: 25 colts | 19 fillies | 2 Mare Deaths | 1 Stillborn

7 Likes

BLACKSMITH, 8.2h black colt
Ch. Dark Ages x Ch. Flint - Frankel
Absolutely gutted with the loss of Flint, who died suddenly after foaling. She only won at 2, including a stakes, but she was a personal favorite at 17.3h and I really liked her breeding. She leaves behind just two foals, both colts.

SEMI-CHARMED LIFE, 10h chestnut colt
Ch. Honeydukes x Indian Charms - Silver Charm (B)
Massive colt! Interested to see how the cross does. Indian Charms will visit Dark Ages next.

HANGED MAN, 9.3h dark grey colt
Ch. Dark Ages x Restless Soul - ICh. Witness (B)
I’m slowly building a “dark” army. Oops. Dam is half to NCh. Melander Stevens and gold-ranked So Unbelievable. Restless Soul will visit Beratis next.

HUSH
Ch. Beratis x GCh. Royal Fanfare - ICh. Long Live The King
10h dapple grey filly
Another big foal! Granddam is named Quietness, which inspired the name Hush. This is the first foal for her MSW and multi-millionaire dam. Royal Fanfare will visit Dark Ages next.

48 Foals: 28 colts | 20 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Stillborn
This is probably our worst mare death year in awhile, and it’s only February.

6 Likes

Ugh sorry to hear about Flint. Love those massive mares too. Hoping things improve!

Semi-Charmed Life is one of my favorite songs haha :heart:

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your loss. You really have had it rough this year…

1 Like

PYROMETER, 9.1h chestnut colt
GCh. Local Haunt x Laser Point - Point Given (S)
Half to SW Devil Red. Laser Point will visit Fivel next.

HAWTHORNE, 8.3h bay colt
Ch. Honeydukes x Rose of Obsidian - NCh. Eighteen Karat
First foal for SW dam, who was a homebred of ours. Time flies!. Both parents did well on dirt and turf, so hoping he might also be multi-talented. Rose of Obsidian will visit Local Haunt for 2018.

WINTER GYPSY, 8.2h grey filly
Ch. Beratis x Winter Solstice - NCh. Joyeux Oiseau
Dam is a SP half-sister to GCh. Northern Secrets and GCh. American Dance. Winter Solstice will visit Dark Ages next, will will likely result in a tiny horse. Oops.

51 Foals: 30 colts | 21 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Stillborn

7 Likes

HOODNA, 9.3h black filly
GCh. Fivel x Ch. Hollywood Sunset - Ch. Rumor Has It (S)
A hoodna (from the Arabic word hudna, meaning calm/quiet) is a workspace by day but becomes a lounge or bar at night. Hollywood Sunset is for sale.

52 Foals: 30 colts | 22 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Stillborn

7 Likes

BLACKBERRY PIE, 9.3h blue roan colt
GCh. Fivel x Ch. Cherries Jubilee - ICh. Take Me Away
Half to MSW GCh. Hint of Cherry. Very happy to have a big colt from the Cherry family! Really hoping he grows into a dirt sprint monster. Cherries Jubilee has gone to Honeydukes for 2028.

TOKYO ICED TEA, 8.3h dark bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Ch. StrawberryDaiquiri - Ch. Rumor Has It (S)
Second foal and colt for MSW dam. Hoping to send StrawberryDaiquiri to Knicks Go once the FF studs become available.

DANCE HALL, 9.1h dark grey filly
GCh. Pass the Buck x Ch. Tiara Tango (B) - GCh. High On Love (S)
Amazed the name wasn’t taken! Half to MSWs Ch. Toast to the Ghost and Ch. Thuaidh, and SW Ch. Cross Reference. Tiara Tango will visit All That Appeal for 2028.

55 Foals: 32 colts | 23 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Stillborn

6 Likes

Fillies will NEVER catch up. If someone can spare some filly water, I’d appreciate it!

HWASEONG, 8.3h dapple grey colt
Knicks Go x Abeja Reina - NCh. Bellagio (S)
In trying to name this colt, I discovered Knicks Go’s name is supposed to be pronounced K-Nicks Go, in reference to the Korean nicks breeding system and I had forgotten Knicks Go is owned by the Korean Racing Authority. Hwaseong is the name of a city in Korea. Abeja Reina will visit Honeydukes for 2028.

CHILLING, 9h dark bay colt
GCh. Fivel x All Snowed In - WCh. All Jazzed Up (S)
Very curious to see how a Foolhardy/Nightfight/All Jazzed Up cross does. All Snowed In will visit Local Haunt next.

RAINWALKER, 9h black colt
GCh. Fivel x Coldwater - Created
Dam is a create who bounced around quite a bit between owners, and her oldest foal is unraced so no idea how he’ll do. Coldwater has gone to Nobly Regal for 2028.

LONGCHAMP, 8.3h dark bay colt
GCh. Local Haunt x Ch. Fendi - FFCh. I’m No Fool
First foal for MSW and millionaire dam. Fendi will visit High South next.

FOLLOWMYFOOTSTEPS, 9.2h bay colt
GCh. Turnpike Wannabe (B) x Ch. Sugarfoot - Sea the Stars
Second foal for SW/MSP dam, who is from the same damline as GCh. Highland Sorcerer. Sugarfoot will go to Fivel next.

HIGH NOTE, 8h chestnut colt
NCh. Straticus (B) x Your Song - ICh. Gunningdownromance (S)
Half to MSW and stud-qualified GCh. Church Mouse and SP Presidential. Your Song will be sent to Nobly Regal.

FFANATIK, 8.1h grey colt
Ch. Dark Ages x Ffantazi - Created
Dam is an unraced create so no idea what he’ll do later. Ffantazi will be sent to Nobly Regal for 2028.

AGE OF WONDER, 8.2h dark grey colt
Ch. Dark Ages x Only Wonder - ICh. Prince Of Wonder
Dam is MSP and half to 4 MSWs. Only Wonder will visit Beratis next.

ENTRANCED, 9.1h liver chestnut filly
GCh. Local Haunt x Ch. Red Roses - Alydar (S)
A filly! Dam is half to gold-ranked Ch. Sweetest Slew. Red Roses will visit Nobly Regal for 2028.

64 Foals: 40 colts | 24 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Stillborn

8 Likes

We’re currently stuck between a few late foals, and a wave of expected foals in March, so I’ve been waiting for them to accumulate a little before posting.

DARK BLOOM, 8h grey filly
Ch. Dark Ages x Highland Flower (S) - GCh. Highland Laird (S)
Half to MSP Fleur de Montagne. Unfortunately, Highland Flower was retired shortly after giving birth, leaving behind just 6 foals, 2 of whom are fillies. We were really excited to see how she does as a producer over time, as 4 of her half-sisters produced MSW’s. Fingers crossed her foals will come into their own as they get older.

START THE BIDDING, 7.1h dark bay filly
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Sufficient - Oscillation (S)
Foaled SEVERAL weeks early, but both mom and baby are doing well. Sufficient is half to stallion NCh. Ablative Armour. She will visit All That Appeal next.

BANSHEE BREEZE, 10hh dark bay filly
GCh. Local Haunt x GCH. Flying High - WCH. What’s Debatable (S)
Half to MSW Ch. Heat Lightning, SW Flying Warrior, and SP Sponsored Flying. Flying High will visit Beratis for 2028.

67 Foals: 40 colts | 27 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Mare Retired | 1 Stillborn

5 Likes

BONAPARTE, 9h dark grey colt
Ch. Beratis x French Resistance (G) - Man O’War (S)
Half to MSW’s GCh. Marseillaise, Ch. Ember Hue, and Ch. Versailles; half to SWs Ch. French Revolution (dam of MSW Ch. Bastille) and Ch. Parisienne. French Resistance has been sent to High South.

68 Foals: 41 colts | 27 fillies | 3 Mare Deaths | 1 Mare Retired | 1 Stillborn

5 Likes

Love the name Bonaparte!