Starfish Stables Foals 2025

One more foal born overnight. Bith mother and baby doing fine.

SARGASSO SAILOR
NCh. Away The Lads (B) x NCh. Sargasso (B) - ICh. Spock
7.3h dark grey colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to

68 out of 89 - 37 colts, 31 fillies, 3 stillborn, 3 retired mares - 21 still due - 5 due in March

2 Likes

One more overnight, this one was due on April 5th.

WONDERFUL SPONSOR
WCh. Sponsored (B) x Wonderful Dreams (G) - NCh. KC Wonder Boy (G)
7.2h bay colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to NCh. Office Hours, GCh. DreamALilDream, Ch. Dream of Wembley, Ch. Perfect Speed, Ch. Born to Dream, Ch. Hidden Cove, DĂ©jĂ  Vu, Jesus of Nazareth,

Sadly, we were advised not to risk breeding Wonderful Dreams again so took the decision to retire her. She was 19 years old and, while she wasn’t a star on the race tracks (3 wins in 66 starts), it was in the breeding sheds where she excelled. Out of 13 foals, 9 of her 10 runners have been winners. This includes 7SW, 3MSW and 2 Millionaires. Her racing progeny have averaged over $800k in purse money. She was Gold ranked (9.8) and was a Reine-de-Course (B/I). She will be missed but will hopefully be able to enjoy her retirement for many years to come.

69 out of 89 - 38 colts, 31 fillies, 3 stillborn, 4 retired mares - 20 still due - 5 due in March

And another one (due date Mar 24th, so only 6 days early). Both mother and baby doing fine.

SNOWY WHITE DOVE
NCh. Hogsmeade (B) x Ch. Paloma (S) - NCh. Highland Wizard (S)
8.1h dark grey colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to

70 out of 89 - 39 colts, 31 fillies, 3 stillborn, 4 retired mares - 19 still due - 4 due in March

1 Like

Another one overnight, a filly after 4 colts on the trot. They’re now coming in one day at a time. Happily, both mother and baby are doing fine.

BOUNDLESS FOOL
FFCh. I’m No Fool (S) x GCh. Boundless Train (S) - WCh. Strike It Rich (S)
9.2h bay filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to Lucky Train,

71 out of 89 - 39 colts, 32 fillies, 3 stillborn, 4 retired mares - 18 still due - 3 due in March

2 Likes

From March 29th - A bittersweet day for us. We welcomed a new filly, but had to retire her mother.

FOOL TO BE SASSY
NCh. Fool To Be Smokin’ x Kinda Sassy (P) - Bright As Lightnin (G)
9.3h grey filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to ICh. Saucy Magician, GCh. Cheeky Monkey, GCh. Kinda Flighty, Ch. Mae West, Ch. Cheeky Magic, Brazen Hussy,

Sassy was one of our most successful mares. She was no great standout on the racetracks, although she did amass 5 wins out of 42 starts, earning just under $190k. It was in the breeding sheds where she definitely excelled. She produced 12 foals (1 stillborn), 8 of which have raced thus far. Of those 8, 7 have been winners with 6 SW (5MSW) and 5 Millionaires. Her progeny have amassed an average of $1.8m between them. She ended up with a Platinum Ranking (12.8) and was Reine-de-Course (I/C). Sassy is 17YO so hopefully she will get to enjoy a few years of retirement, which she has most definitely earned.

72 out of 89 - 39 colts, 33 fillies, 3 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 17 still due - 2 due in March

3 Likes

One more overnight, both mother and baby doing well.

FOOLISH AMERICAN
FFCh. I’m No Fool (S) x GCh. American Dance (B) - Almost Home (S)
9.1h bay colt

Full brother to American Fool (2024),
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to America’s 1st Son,

73 out of 89 - 40 colts, 33 fillies, 3 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 16 still due - 2 still due in March

2 Likes

After a week break, we had another mare foaling overnight. Both mother and baby are doing fine. The foal was 11 past it’s due date, probably explaining why it was so big.

STORY’S SPONSOR
WCh. Sponsored (B) x Ch. What’s Your Story (G) - NCh. Boldness Shows (S)
10h red chestnut colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Ch. Story of my Life, Ch. This Is My Story,

74 out of 89 - 41 colts, 33 fillies, 3 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 15 still due - 1 still due in March

4 Likes

Our last March-due foal finally made her appearance. Both mother and baby doing fine. Considering that she was about 3 weeks overdue, she wasn’t a giant foal, only 8.2h.

KINDA SUPER
GCh. Superdocious (B) x GCh. Kinda Flighty - GCh. Major’s Flight (B)
8.2h dark grey filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to

75 out of 89 - 41 colts, 34 fillies, 3 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 14 still due - 4 due in April

1 Like

One more overnight, both mother and baby doing fine.

FOOLISH WHIRL
NCh. Fool To Be Smokin’ x Watch Me Whirl - ICh. Witness (B)
Bred by Ivy Creek Farm

7.2h bay filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to

76 out of 89 - 41 colts, 35 fillies, 3 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 13 still due - 3 due in April

Missed my second important date, April 13th (my wife’s birthday). Had no foal born on that date and, interestingly, as with March 12th (my other significant date) it doesn’t appear that anybody had any foals born on either of these dates.

1 Like

Lovely filly. So crazy that you can’t seem to find any horses born on those dates. I went and doublechecked mine just to be sure, and you’re right. I had foals born on either side of that date, but no Apr. 13.

One more overnight. Both mother and baby doing fine.
SECRETO DE ORO
ICh. Calle de Oro (B) x Major Secret (B) - GCh. Major’s Flight (B)
9h bay colt

Full brother to Street Secrets (2022),
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Furtive,

77 out of 89 - 42 colts, 35 fillies, 3 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 12 still due - 2 due in April

1 Like

Now they are coming one at a time. One more overnight. Both mother and baby doing fine.

LUCKY RISK
NCh. Lucky Streak (S) x Risk Away (P) - Whirlaway (G)
8h dapple grey colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to NCh. Away The Lads, GCh. Spurs Away Gamble, GCh. No Guts No Glory, GCh. Risky Romance, Ch. High Risk, Ch. Born Risky, Magic Him Away,

78 out of 89 - 43 colts, 35 fillies, 3 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 11 still due - 2 due in April

11 left and colts lead by 8 so it’s obvious that colts are going to be the winners this year.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, we had a Stillborn colt overnight. He wasn’t due until May 26th.

ICh. First Born Son (S) x Snow White (B) - Created
Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to

Snow White will be given the next year off so we can get her to foal earlier in the year.

79 out of 89 - 44 colts, 35 fillies, 4 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 10 still due - 2 still due in April

Sorry for your loss.

One more colt overnight. Both mother and baby are doing fine.

CAERLEON
NCh. Ancient Magic (B) x GCh. Rhiannon (S) - Man O’War (S)
10.2h black colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Ch. Dreaming of Spring, Ch. Sirona,

Caerleon, near Newport, Wales, was thought to be the site of King Arthur’s court.

80 out of 89 - 45 colts, 35 fillies, 4 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 9 still due - 1 due in April

Rhiannon will not be bred this year.

3 Likes

Great name!

2 more babies. Both mothers and babies are doing fine.

HOGSMONY
NCh. Hogsmeade (B) x Alimony (B) - GCh. Major’s Flight (B)
9.3h grey filly

Full sister to Galleons (2022),
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to Ch. Divorce Attorney,

ARMORER’S SECRET
NCh. Ablative Armour x Ch. Secret Society (G) - NCh. Secretary (S)
9.2h bay colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Ch. Power of Secrets, Ch. Oxford Union, Ch. Secret Victor, GCh. The Pink Panther, Ch. Blue Secret,

Both mares will be unbred for next year.

82 out of 89 - 46 colts, 36 fillies, 4 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 7 still due - 3 due in May

3 Likes

One more overnight, both mother and baby doing fine.

RACHA DE SUERTE
NCh. Lucky Streak (S) x GCh. Lupe Valez (G) - Point Given (S)
9.1h blue roan filly

Full sister to Lucky Lupe (2023),
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to Ch. Mexican Spitfire, Lightning Bolt,

Racha de Suerte is Spanish for Lucky Streak so chose this name because Lupe Valez was a Mexican actress. Lupe will not be bred this year and will wait for an early breeding next year.

83 out of 89 - 46 colts, 37 fillies, 4 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 6 still due - 2 due in May

2 Likes

Two more foals in the past two days.

ANGELA’S SPONSOR
WCh. Sponsored (B) x Angela’s Starfish (B) - NCh. Seattle Sorcerer (S)
9.2h bay filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to

GLORY’S PROSPERITY
NCh. LiveLong&Prosper (B) x Ch. Skip To Glory (G) - ICh. Magic Glory (S)
8.3h black colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Ch. Skip to Romance,

85 out of 89 - 47 colts, 38 fillies, 4 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 4 still due - 3 due in Jun

2 Likes

Haven’t been posting recently. Three new foals this month.

Jun 6, 2025
ARMORED FLIGHT
NCh. Ablative Armour x Ch. Flight of Spring (B) - GCh. Major’s Flight (B)
9h brown colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Stressful Flight,

Jun 7, 2025
HOT WARRIOR
NCh. Holy Warrior (B) x Hot Love - GCh. Tottenham Hotspur
Bred by Violet Moon Stables

10h dark bay colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to

Jun 10, 2025
POPPIN IN
NCh. In The Navy (S) x Mary Poppins (B) - Created
9h flea-bitten grey filly

Full sister to Admiral Boom (2022), Rear Admiral (2020),
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to Dick van Dyke,

88 out of 89 - 49 colts, 39 fillies, 4 stillborn, 5 retired mares - 1 still due - 1 due in Jul

3 Likes