Starfish Stables Foals 2025

BORN ON THE BEACH
ICh. First Born Son (S) x Ch. White Sand Beach (S) - Almost Home (S)
8h bay colt

Full brother to First on the Beach (2023),
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Victor’s Sands,

This colt had a due date of Mar 7th so is about 3 weeks early.

52 out of 88 - 27 colts, 25 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 36 still due - 2 still due in January

3 Likes

Lovely colt

Love the name.

HEREDITARYPRINCESS
NCh. Away The Lads (B) x Ch. Isetnofret (G) - GCh. Akhetnaten (S)
9.1h dark bay filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to Ch. Merenptah, Ch. Queen Consort, Queen of Egypt,

53 out of 88 - 27 colts, 26 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 35 still due - 7 due in February

2 Likes

SUPER GIANT
GCh. Superdocious (B) x GCh. Giant’s Debate - Giant’s Causeway (S)
9.2h dark bay colt

54 out of 88 - 28 colts, 26 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 34 still due - 6 due in February

1 Like

After a break of a few days, we had another foal overnight. Mother and baby doing fine.

LADY’S SPONSOR
WCh. Sponsored (B) x NCh. Lady Amanda - ICh. Spock
9.2h chestnut colt

55 out of 88 - 29 colts, 26 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 33 still due - 5 due in February, including one due on Feb 6th (I have the perfect name waiting for him/her when she does finally decide to show up)

Another one overnight, they’re now coming in one at a time. Mother and baby doing well.

BETTERL8THANNEVER
NCh. Away The Lads (B) x GCh. Devil’s Flight (S) - GCh. Major’s Flight (B)
8.3h dark bay colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Supersonic Flight,

I have had this name in mind for a while because I had a number of mares who were a fair amount past their due dates. As the due date for this foal was Feb 6th, 20 days ago, I figured he’d be the perfect one to give this name.

56 out of 88 - 30 colts, 26 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 32 still due - 4 due in February

1 Like

gr8 name! :joy:

Another foal born overnight. Both mother and baby are doing well.

TEMPLE OF AMONAK
NCh. LiveLong&Prosper x Ch. Minaret (P) - Assault (G)
10.1h bay colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to NCh. White Hart Lane, Ch. Lucky’s Minaret, Ch. Yankee Stadium, Twin Towers, Fool’s Tower,

The Temple of Amonak was one of the most sacred temples on planet Vulcan.

57 out of 88 - 31 colts, 26 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 31 still due - 3 due in February

1 Like

Another one born overnight. Both mother and baby doing fine.

MAGIC SILK
NCh. Ancient Magic x Flaming Silk (P) - Omaha (G)
10h black filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to NCh. Flight of Silk, GCh. Flaming Parachute, GCh. Olympic Flame, GCh. Flaming Text, Ch. Silk Parachute,

58 out of 89 - 31 colts, 27 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 31 still due - 2 still due in February

1 Like

2 more new arrivals overnight, bith mothers and babies doing fine.

BEINN NIBHEIS
NCh. Hogwarts (B) x Ch. Hymettus (G) - Whirlaway (G)
9.2h dark bay colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to GCh. Spur Mountain, Ch. Mountain’s Glory, Ch. BlueMountainCoffee,

BEINN NIBHEIS is Gaelic for Ben Nevis, one of the three highest mountain peaks in Scotland.

SUNSET’S BEAUTY
GCh. Superdocious (B) x Ch. Sunset Girl (G) - Red Sunset (S)
9.3h dark bay filly

Full sister to Super Sunset (2020),
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to NCh. Sunset Flight, GCh. What’s That Girl, Ch. Girl in Flight, Major Sunset,

60 out of 89 - 32 colts, 28 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 29 still due - 2 still due in February

1 Like

Two more foals over the past two days, 1 colt and 1 filly, so colts still maintaining a slight lead over fillies by 4. Both mothers and babies are doing fine…

CHARLOTTE’S FOOL
FFCh. I’m No Fool (S) x Ch. Charlotte (G) - NCh. Starz ‘n’ Stripes (S)
9h bay colt

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to GCh. Charlotte’s Web, Ch. Charlotte’s Worth, Ch. Charlotte Victory, Chuchería,

SHEZA FOOL
NCh. Fool To Be Smokin’ x Ch. Sheza Dreamer (P) - Bright As Lightnin (G)
10h grey filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to NCh. Chunky’s Dream, NCh. Valentine’s Day, NCh. Major Dreams, Ch. Nightmare Dreamer, Dream in Navy,

62 out of 89 - 33 colts, 29 fillies, 2 stillborn, 1 retired mare - 27 still due - 1 still due in February

1 Like

3 more foals overnight, including the last February due foal. Sadly, we decided to retire both Ancient Honour and Coco Diablo after they both had difficult deliveries, especially considering their ages.

ULTIMOHONORANTIGUO
ICh. Calle de Oro (B) x Ancient Honour (P) - Charlemagne (G)
8.2h bay colt

UltimoHonorAntiguo is Spanish for Last Ancient Honour.

Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to NCh. Ancient Magic, GCh. Ancient Fire, GCh. Glory Honor&Praise, GCh. Ancient Warrior, Ch. Mantle of Honor, Satan’s Secretary,

Ancient Honour was 19 and has produced 13 foals, 10 of which have raced so far. Of these she has 9 winners, 5 SW, 4 MSW, 3 Millionaires. Her progeny earned an average of just over $871,000 and she has one of her sons, Ancient Magic, currently standing at Stud.

AWAY THE CLASSICS
NCh. Away The Lads (B) x NCh. Classic Red Line - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
8h dark bay filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to

DIABHAL COCO
NCh. Hogsmeade (B) x Ch. Coco Diablo (G) - NCh. Highland Wizard (S)
8.3h dark grey colt

Diabhal Coco if Scottish Gaelic for Coco Diablo.

Full brother to HeWhoMustNotBNamed (2020),
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to GCh. Devil’s Flight, GCh. Golden Idol, Ch. Coco Major, Coco’s Flight,

Coco Diablo was 17 and has produced 12 foals (1 stillborn), 8 of which have raced so far. Of these she has 6 winners, 5 SW, 4 MSW, 2 Millionaires. Her progeny earned an average of just over $750,000.

65 out of 89 - 35 colts, 30 fillies, 2 stillborn, 3 retired mares - 24 still due - 8 due in March

2 Likes

One more overnight, both mother and baby doing fine.

DECISIVE ARMOR
NCh. Ablative Armour x GCh. Decisive Endevor (G) - GCh. Simply Heroic (S)
8.1h dark bay filly

Full sister to
3/4 sister to
1/2 sister to GCh. Epiphany, Ch. Worthy Endeavor, Ch. Glorious Endeavor,

66 out of 89 - 35 colts, 31 fillies, 2 stillborn, 3 retired mares - 23 still due - 7 due in March

I am hoping that, if any of our mares are “planning” to foal in the next few days, they’ll foal on the 12th. That date has a major significance to me and I’ve tried to plan many of my breedings so they would foal on or around that date (last year Shanthi was kind enough to ‘help me’ achieve my goal of having a March 12th foal - hopefully this year, at least one of my mares will decide to drop her foal on that day).

1 Like

One more overnight. Sadly he was stillborn. Mother is doing fine, however and will return to Lucky Streak.

Stillborn colt
NCh. Lucky Streak (S) x GCh. Big Dawn (G) - Ch. Rumor Has It (G)
Full brother to
3/4 brother to
1/2 brother to Ch. Dawn of the Navy, Ch. Naval Dawn,

67 out of 89 - 36 colts, 31 fillies, 3 stillborn, 3 retired mares - 22 still due - 6 due in March

We have 6 mares still due in March, so hopefully at least one of them will be born tomorrow. Shanthi did a check last year and discovered that during the entire time that FF has been running, there were only a handful of foals born on March 12th throughout the game.

1 Like

Sadly, no foals born today. March 12th has great significance to me so for the past year, I have been trying to get some foals who were born on this date.

Ah well, I’ll just try again next year. I’ve tried to arrange many of my breedings for next year so that their due dates will be close to March 12th in the hope that I’ll get some foals actually born on that date.

1 Like

Totally understand how that goes. That’s March 4 for me. Wishing you the best of luck next year!

I remember asking last year about anybody who had a yearling or weaning born on March 12th that they might be willing to sell but got a lot of responses saying that they didn’t have any yearlings or weanlings born on that day.

Shanthi said she checked and there were only about a half-dozen horses in the entire game born on that date - and that included horses who had been retired or deceased, all the way back to the early days of FF.

She said that she looked at the script and couldn’t find anything why it would block that date as a foaling date (I vaguely remember that she identified a couple other dates that had had few foals born on them).

She did take one of our foals that was born on March 13th and manually change it’s birth date to March 12th but I don’t want to keep asking her to do that, especially considering the number of bugs she is currently working on right now.

1 Like

I have two foals born on March 4th this year. If you wanted, I would be willing to let you have one of them when she’s old enough to sell her to you.

I would definitely be interested in one of the Mar. 4 foals. I wish I had a Mar. 12 to give you. I remember you asking last year and have been keeping an eye on my foals, but like you said, the system has placed some sort of weird taboo on that date. :frowning: