Starfish Stables 2026 Foals

One new foal overnight. Mother and baby doing fine.

MAJOR SUPER SECRET
8.1h b.f
G.Ch. Superdocious x Major Secret
Major Secret will be bred to Away The Lads next.

89 out of 105 - 49 colts, 40 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 16 still due - 7 due in March

3 Likes

2 more foals overnight, both fillies. Both mothers and babies doing fine.

COME HOLY SPIRIT
8.0h b.f
G.Ch. Spirit in the Sky x G.Ch. Come On You Spurs
Come On You Spurs will be bred to Ancient Magic next.

LUCKY’S DAUGHTER
9.0h b.f
I.Ch. First Born Son x Ch. Lucky’s Minaret
We had earmarked the name Lucky Old Son for this foal if it had been a colt, so had to rethink that plan.
Lucky’s Minaret will be bred to Ablative Armour next.

91 out of 105 - 49 colts, 42 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 14 still due - 6 due in March

2 Likes

After an 8 day break, one more foal overnight, another filly. Mother and baby doing fine. Fillies making a late run.

POWERFUL ALPHA
9.1h gr.f
G.Ch. Powerful Soul x Ch. Barash
Barash was a character in Star Trek: The Next Generation who was on the planet Alpha Onias III.
Barash will be bred to Fool to be Smokin’ next.

92 out of 105 - 49 colts, 43 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 13 still due - 5 due in March

3 Likes

One more foal today, a colt. Mother and baby doing fine.

IMAGINARY WEB
9.3h ch.c
N.Ch. Tense Imagination x G.Ch. Charlotte’s Web
Charlotte’s Web will be bred to Calle de Oro next.

93 out of 105 - 50 colts, 43 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 12 still due - 4 due in March

4 Likes

They’re now coming in in dribs and drabs. One more overnight, mother and baby doing fine.

TRAIN THE LADS
9.1h gr.c
N.Ch. Away The Lads x G.Ch. Boundless Train
Boundless Train will be bred to LiveLong&Prosper next.

94 out of 105 - 51 colts, 43 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 11 still due - 3 still due in March (all 3 due on Mar 31st so we’ll see)

4 Likes

And another. Mother and baby doing fine.

ENERGY SHIELDS
9.3h ch.c
N.Ch. Ablative Armour x N.Ch. Sargasso
Sargasso will be bred to Sponsored next.

95 out of 105 - 52 colts, 43 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 10 still due - 3 still due in March

4 Likes

And another. Mother and baby doing fine.

FLIGHTY FOOL
8.2h gr.f
FF.Ch. I’m No Fool x G.Ch. Kinda Flighty
Kinda Flighty will be bred to I’m No Fool next.

96 out of 105 - 52 colts, 44 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 9 still due - 2 still due in March

3 Likes

One more, only 8 to go. Mother and Baby doing fine.

HOGSMEADE DANCE
9.0h gr.f
N.Ch. Hogsmeade x American Dance
American Dance will be bred to First Born Son next.

97 out of 105 - 52 colts, 45 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 8 still due - 2 still due in March

2 Likes

FIRST RUN STORY
9.3h ch.c
I.Ch. First Born Son x Ch. What’s Your Story
Sadly, What’s Your Story was Retired.

With this foal, this has guaranteed that colts will win this year.

98 out of 105 - 53 colts, 45 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 3 retired mares - 7 still due - 1 still due in March

4 Likes

Two more overnight, both fillies. Only 5 to go. Both mothers and babies doing fine.

COMMEMORATIVE
9.0h ch.f
N.Ch. Lucky Streak x Ch. Commem
Commem will be bred to Away The Lads next.

VICTOR’S SUNSET
10.1h bl.f
N.Ch. Worthy Victor x Ch. Sunset Girl
Sunset Girl will be bred to Superdocious next.

100 out of 105 - 53 colts, 47 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 3 retired mares - 5 still due - 3 due in April

4 Likes

Two more foals, both born on April 16th. Both mothers and babies doing fine.

MAGIC AT DAWN
9.2h bl.c
N.Ch. Ancient Magic x G.Ch. Naval Dawn
First foal for Naval Dawn who will be bred to Ablative Armour next.

SUPER WHIRL
9.1h b.f
G.Ch. Superdocious x Watch Me Whirl
Watch Me Whirl will be bred to Pay the Boatman next.

102 out of 105 - 54 colts, 48 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 3 retired mares - 3 still due - 1 due in April

5 Likes

Getting close to the end. One more overnight, a filly. Mother and baby doing fine.

NAVAL ARMOR
8.3h b.f
N.Ch. Ablative Armour x Ch. The Queen’s Navy
The Queen’s Navy will be bred to Hogsmeade next.

103 out of 105 - 54 colts, 49 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 3 retired mares - 2 still due - both due in May

4 Likes

NO LONGER AT RISK
9.0h gr.c
FF.Ch. I’m No Fool x Risk Away

104 out of 105 - 55 colts, 49 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 4 retired mares - 1 still due - 1 due in May

Risk Away has been retired at the ripe old age of 20. She was a stalwart of the breeding sheds for many years, producing 14 live foals, 11 who have raced so far, and 10 have been winners. She produced 6 SW, all of whom are MSW and 5 of them are millionaires. Her progeny have earned an average of just over $1.25m and she was a Platinum ranked mare (14.0) and was Reine-de-Course (B/I). One of her sons, bronze-ranked (1.1) NCh. Away The Lads is standing at Stud at our Farm.

5 Likes

Wow, 14.0 is a killer ranking! Great to see such a great mare left behind so many foals to carry on the legacy!

Final foal for the season.

NORTHERN ROBES
8.3h b.c
G.Ch. Northern Invasion x G.Ch. Witch’s Robes
Witch’s Robes will not be bred this year. She was scheduled to be bred to First Born Son next but missed her date, so, if anybody wants, he has a May 2 slot available. If you let me know before you breed to him, I’ll adjust the fee and give you a 50% discount.

Final Total = 105 foals - 56 colts, 49 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 4 retired mares

6 Likes