Starfish Stables 2026 Foals

2 more foals overnight (one due in February, the other due in March). Both were fillies, but colts are still leading the way. All mothers and babies doing well. Our January-due foal is still hanging on for Spring.

GOLDEN HONEY
10.0h b.f
I.Ch. Calle de Oro x N.Ch. Hi Honey
Hi Honey will be bred to Worthy Victor next.

NOT A DREAMER
8.2h gr.f
FF.Ch. I’m No Fool x Ch. Sheza Dreamer
Sheza Dreamer will be bred to Worthy Victor next.

43 out of 105 - 24 colts, 19 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare - 62 still due - 1 still due in January and 3 still due in February

6 Likes

Another March-due foal born overnight. Fillies are rapidly catching up to the colts. Mother and baby doing well. Our January-due foal is still hanging on for Spring.

FIRST BORN TWICE
7.2h b.f
I.Ch. First Born Son x Ch. Born to Dream
This was an accidental breeding as Born to Dream’s sire is First Born Son (hence the First Born Twice). Hopefully this won’t affect her ability.
Born to Dream will be bred to Ancient Magic next.

44 out of 105 - 24 colts, 20 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare - 61 still due - 1 still due in January and 3 still due in February

5 Likes

2 more foals overnight (both due in February). Both mothers and babies doing well. Our January-due foal is still hanging on for Spring. If these two are this big at 18 to 20 days overdue, I’d hate to see how big ‘Hang on for Spring’ will be (currently 24 days overdue).

1ST GRAIN OF SAND
10.0h gr.f
I.Ch. First Born Son x N.Ch. Sand Dune
Sand Dune will be bred to Hogsmeade next.

LUCKY TOPAZ
10.2h ch.c
N.Ch. Lucky Streak x Topaz
Topaz will be bred to Hogwarts next.

46 out of 105 - 25 colts, 21 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare - 59 still due - 1 still due in January and 1 still due in February

5 Likes

Heeee’s here!!! Our January-due foal has finally made his appearance, 27 days late. Mother and baby doing fine, considering how long he was cooking (342 days).

HANG ON FOR SPRING
9.1h b.c
W.Ch. Sponsored x Sunset Prospect
Sunset Prospect will be bred to Away The Lads next.

47 out of 105 - 26 colts, 21 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 1 retired mare - 58 still due - 1 due in February

7 Likes

Haha, he’s accurately named! Funny how a lot of late foals are finally making their appearances in the same 1-2 days!

2 more foals overnight, both fillies. Fillies edging closer to the colts. Both mothers and babies doing alright.

ALL NIGHT EXIT
9.2h ch.f
N.Ch. Exit Poll x G.Ch. Allnighter II
All of Allnighter II’s foals have been fillies so far.
Allnighter II will be bred to Fool to be Smokin’ next.

NAVAL TOWER
9.1h gr.f
N.Ch. In The Navy x Ch. Minaret
Minaret will be bred to Lucky Streak next.

49 out of 105 - 26 colts, 23 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare - 56 still due - 1 still due in February

2 Likes

5 more foals to report, one born on February 7th which we missed reporting, 4 born overnight. All babies doing fine, however, the mare of the foal born on February 7th had to be retired. Fillies have now caught up with the colts.

Born on February 7th
HOLLYWOOD STREETS
9.3h b.f
I.Ch. Calle de Oro x Ch. Miss Hollywood
Ch. Miss Hollywood has been retired. At the time of her retirement, she was Gold-ranked (8.1) and was a Reine-de-Course (B/I). As a racehorse, she won 3 times in 46 races, earning just under $350,000. As a broodmare, she produced 11 foals, 8 have raced so far and all 8 have been winners. Included in those 8 are 3 MSW’s and her foals earned an average of just over $300,000.
Her retirement leaves a March 3 slot to Lucky Streak open.

Born on March 2nd
ANCHOR’S AWAY
8.3h gr.f
N.Ch. Away The Lads x G.Ch. Allie’s Navy
Allie’s Navy will be bred to Ancient Magic next.

DUNN’S RIVER FALLS
9.3h gr.c
N.Ch. Bells Beach x G.Ch. Born Risky
Born Risky will be bred to Devil’s Walk next.
Dunn’s River Falls are a waterfall on the North Coast in Jamaica, where I am from. They are a major tourist attraction and are fun to climb up. Nowadays, they expect that you will go up with a Falls guide, but, when I was growing up, my brother and I climbed these falls many times, on our own.

LUCKY IMAGINATION
8.3h ch.f
N.Ch. Tense Imagination x G.Ch. Lucky at Cards
Lucky at Cards will be bred to Sponsored next.

BLOODY POWERFUL
8.0h b.f
G.Ch. Powerful Soul x Ch. Pureblood
Pureblood will be bred to Devil’s Walk next.

54 out of 105 - 27 colts, 27 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 1 retired mare - 51 still due - 41 due in March

5 Likes

4 more foals overnight. All babies and mothers doing well. Colts pulling ahead again.

BLUE MOUNTAIN INN
9.2h gr.f
G.Ch. Final Scene x G.Ch. BlueMountainCoffee
BlueMountainCoffee will be bred to Fool to be Smokin’ next.
Blue Mountain Inn is a famous Hotel/Gourmet restaurant in the Blue Mountains in Jamaica.

PROTOTOKOS
9.1h ch.c
I.Ch. First Born Son x Ch. Hymettus
Hymettus will be bred to Hogsmeade next.
Hymettus is a mountain range in Greece so I looked up what First Born Son would be in Greek.

It’s interesting that both BlueMountainCoffee and Hymettus foaled on the same day, considering that BlueMountainCoffee is a daughter of Hymettus!!!

SAINTED SPIRIT
9.3h ch.c
G.Ch. Spirit in the Sky x G.Ch. Indy Saint
Indy Saint will return to Spirit in the Sky.

UNBRIDLED SON
7.3h rn.c
I.Ch. First Born Son x Ch. Unbridled Run
Unbridled Run will be bred to Worthy Victor next.

58 out of 105 - 30 colts, 28 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 1 retired mare - 47 still due - 37 due in March

6 Likes

1 more overnight, a colt. Mother and baby doing fine.

FIERCE LIKE A FOX
8.2h gr.c
W.Ch. Sionnach x Ch. Mexican Spitfire
Mexican Spitfire will visit Straticus next.

59 out of 105 - 31 colts, 28 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 1 retired mare - 46 still due - 36 due in March

6 Likes

Great name.

Busy night in the broodmare barn, with 5 new babies making their appearance, 4 colts & 1 filly so colts moving ahead once again. . All mothers and babies doing fine.

ALL-LIT-DOCIOUS
9.0h b.c
G.Ch. Superdocious x Ch. All Lit Up
All Lit Up will be bred to Hogsmeade next.
The name is a play on “Allidocious” from the Mary Poppins song.

ALL THE SPONSORS
9.3h ch.c
W.Ch. Sponsored x Ch. All Violet
All Violet will be bred to Devil’s Walk next.

AMANDA’S FOOL
9.3h b.c
N.Ch. Fool To Be Smokin’ x N.Ch. Lady Amanda
Lady Amanda will be bred to Sponsored next.

LUCKY FLIGHT
9.0h rn.c
N.Ch. Lucky Streak x Ch. Prospective Flight
Prospective Flight will be bred to Pay the Boatman next.

And the lone filly:-
HOGSMEADE CLASSIC
8.3h gr.f
N.Ch. Hogsmeade x N.Ch. Classic Red Line
Classic Red Line will be bred to Lucky Streak next.

64 out of 105 - 35 colts, 29 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 1 retired mare - 41 still due - 31 due in March

I wish that March 12th would be at least as busy - it is an important date to me and, even though I try to time the breeding for many of my mares in an attempt to get some foals born on that day, I have never been successful. Maybe I’ll get lucky this year.

4 Likes

3 more overnight, 2 colts and 1 filly. Mothers and babies doing fine.

TWILIGHT IN ITALY
9.2h b.c
N.Ch. Fight The Twilight x Ch. Brianza
Brianza will stay at Ivy Creek and be bred to Franco Classico next.

FLAMING NAVY
8.3h ch.c
N.Ch. In The Navy x Flaming Silk
Flaming Silk will be bred to Sponsored next.

CLASSIC STORM
8.2h b.f
N.Ch. Franco Classico x Stormchaser
Stormchaser will also stay at Ivy Creek and be bred to Franco Classico next.

67 out of 105 - 37 colts, 30 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 1 retired mare - 38 still due - 28 due in March

4 Likes

A really busy night with 6 new babies, 5 colts and only 1 filly, so colts are surging ahead again. All babies doing fine. Unfortunately, the vet recommended that Decisive Endevor might not survive another pregnancy, so we decided to retire her, however, the other mothers are doing fine.

LUCK AT DAWN
10.2h gr.c
N.Ch. Lucky Streak x G.Ch. Big Dawn
Big Dawn will be bred to Away The Lads next.

FINAL DECISION
10.0h gr.c
N.Ch. In The Navy x G.Ch. Decisive Endevor
Decisive Endevor was retired. As a racehorse, she won 9 races out of 28 starts, 5 of her wins being SW, including the 2013 BC Juvenile Turf Fillies. She had total earnings of just under $1.9m. As a broodmare, she produced 10 foals, 7 of which have raced so far, all winners, including 2 MSW, both millionaires. Her progeny have earned an average of just under $450k each. She is Gold-ranked (8.2) and was Reine-de-Course (B/I). Three of her daughters are broodmares themselves, although none of their progeny have raced yet. She has one son, Epiphany, who needs 2 SW of any grade to become stud-qualified, unfortunately, as he is now at the ripe old age of 9 and hasn’t finished on the board in any of his previous 9 races, it looks unlikely that he will make the grade, which is a pity as he was the BS 2yo Turf Champion in 2019.

INDIAN GIVER
9.1h gr.c
N.Ch. Away The Lads x Ch. Ghostly Gift
Ghostly Gift will be bred to Devil’s Walk next.

LIVE DEBATE
9.1h bl.c
N.Ch. LiveLong&Prosper x G.Ch. Giant’s Debate
Giant’s Debate will be bred to Hogwarts next.

I’M NO MUSICIAN
9.2h b.c
FF.Ch. I’m No Fool x G.Ch. MacNamara’s Band
MacNamara’s Band will be bred to Fool to be Smokin’ next.

And the lone filly:-
PINK BEACH
8.2h b.f
G.Ch. Superdocious x Ch. White Sand Beach
Pink Beach is the name of the beach at our Condo in Bermuda. It has very fine sand which has tinges of pink in it.
White Sand Beach will return to Superdocious next.

73 out of 105 - 42 colts, 31 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 32 still due - 22 due in March

5 Likes

Continuing the busy start to March, we had 3 more foals overnight. All mothers and babies doing fine.

LUCKY CHARLOTTE
9.1h rn.f
N.Ch. Lucky Streak x Ch. Charlotte
Charlotte will be bred to Worthy Victor next.

TENSE MAMA
9.1h ch.f
N.Ch. Tense Imagination x Ch. Mama Cass
Mama Cass will be bred to LiveLong&Prosper next.

VALENTINE’S SPIRIT
9.0h gr.c
G.Ch. Spirit in the Sky x N.Ch. Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day will be bred to Ablative Armour next.

76 out of 105 - 43 colts, 33 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 29 still due - 19 due in March

4 Likes

4 more foals overnight, all mothers and babies doing fine.

SKY TRAIN
10.3h bl.f
G.Ch. Spirit in the Sky x Lucky Train
Lucky Train will return to Spirit in the Sky next.

PATRÓN PALOMA
8.2h b.f
W.Ch. Sponsored x Ch. Paloma
Paloma is a Tequila based cocktail, Patron is a synonym for Sponsor and is also a brand of Tequila.
Paloma will return to Sponsored next.

PROSPEROUS VICTOR
9.3h gr.c
N.Ch. LiveLong&Prosper x Ch. Secret Victor
Secret Victor will be bred to Pay the Boatman next.

DANCE SPONSOR
10.0h b.f
W.Ch. Sponsored x G.Ch. Veiled Dancer
Veiled Dancer will be bred to Calle de Oro next.

80 out of 105 - 44 colts, 36 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 25 still due - 15 due in March

If the pattern over the last few years continues, we won’t expect any new foals before Mar 16th and especially none on Mar 12th.

6 Likes

So much for patterns. 5 new foals made their appearance. I wonder if that’s a good sign for the possibility of having some foals born on Mar 12th. Happily, all mothers and babies are doing fine.

FLY UP TO THE SKY
9.2h bl.c
G.Ch. Spirit in the Sky x G.Ch. Back St. Flight
Back St. Flight will be bred to Hogsmeade next.

SUPER FOOL
8.3h b.c
G.Ch. Superdocious x Ch. Foolish Queen
Foolish Queen will be bred to Calle de Oro next.

DREAMS OF ARMOR
9.3h gr.f
N.Ch. Ablative Armour x N.Ch. Major Dreams
Major Dreams will be bred to Fool to be Smokin’ next.

HAUNTED MANSION
9.1h b.c
G.Ch. Local Haunt x Ch. Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa will stay at Black Storm West for a date with Beratis next.

WON IN SPIRIT
8.2h bl.f
G.Ch. Spirit in the Sky x N.Ch. wonziT
(Even though her name shows in all caps, the first part of her name is all lower case)
wonziT will be bred to Sponsored next.

85 out of 105 - 47 colts, 38 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 20 still due - 10 due in March

5 Likes

Congrats on the Local Haunt foal. Surprised the name wasn’t taken.

3 new foals made their appearance overnight. All mothers and babies are doing fine.

SKY BANDIT
8.2h gr.c
G.Ch. Spirit in the Sky x Ch. Bandita
Bandita will be bred to First Born Son next.

LIVE PROSPEROUSLY
9.3h gr.f
N.Ch. LiveLong&Prosper x G.Ch. Devil’s Flight
Devil’s Flight will be bred to Superdocious next.

SUPERDEEN
9.3h b.c
G.Ch. Superdocious x Ch. Rebeldeen
Rebeldeen will be bred to Worthy Victor next.

88 out of 105 - 49 colts, 39 fillies, 1 stillborn, 1 deceased mare, 2 retired mares - 17 still due - 7 due in March

Keeping fingers crossed for tonight!!!

6 Likes

Nice foals, I love the name Haunted Mansion!

Hope you’ll get some newborns on the date you want!

Sadly, no new foals overnight. Oh well. Frustrated again.