List of Bugs Cat Notices But Can't Report (Yet)

Sorry Shanthi, but I figured I’d make one post to remind myself of all the little things I’m noticing that need to be fixed/tweaked. I’ll edit this post rather than posting new posts, which will hopefully make it easier for you to ignore. This way, when the bug report system gets going, I can really abuse the heck out of that.

Or, you can totally delete this thread and I’ll bide my time in silence.

• On this pedigree page, 3/4 sib is only referred to by title, no name. (i.e. we only see the Ch.). Correctly color-coded, though.
  • As a result of being fixed, the pedigree page now shows Lil Miz Strider as both a 3/4 sibling and a sibling by the same Sire/BM Sire (prior to bug fix, she was just showing up as having same Sire/BM Sire). Two different dams, both are created. What’s puzzling (for me) is that other created mares have been bred to Strider and are not showing up. Not a bug.
  • Auto-training issues, see other thread
  • Missing RH leg (sock) Not a bug
  • my auction watch page still isn’t functioning properly. It only shows some of the horses I bid on. In the Delta Ro auction it shows only my bid on Heaven’s Halo, not my bids on the other horses (Semiahoo)

That’s fine.

FYI…

I’m going to mark any/all image issues (unless they affect every horse in the game) as Not a Bug, since with the rewrite I’m going to completely overhaul images. I’ve fixed most of the database info, but don’t want to devote the time to dealing with the niggling things that are left over.

Totally cool. Scratched it off.

Another bug, my auction watch page still isn’t functioning properly. It only shows some of the horses I bid on. In the Delta Ro auction it shows only my bid on Heaven’s Halo, not my bids on the other horses

Fixed.

Fixed.

Not sure if this is a bug, but now Lil Miz Strider is appearing twice. Once as a 3/4 sibling and once as a sire/BM sire cross.  Her dam, like Phoenix, is created. So I totally get why it’s happening. I don’t think, however, it had this behavior before you fixed it.  Plus, I’m not sure why it’s just her. There are other foals by Strider out of a created mare (e.g. finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=10341), but these aren’t showing up on the pedigree either as a sire/BM cross or a 3/4 sibling.

Yeah, I need to fiddle with how it calculates siblings. Technically anything that’s Created-y shouldn’t count. So it shouldn’t count any horses as sire/BM sire (or dam/sire’s sire) unless both horses in question aren’t created. So Strider/Created shouldn’t give anything because two created mares aren’t related at all.

I fiddled a little bit with the query, but didn’t get anywhere (working on the command line is a PITA way to code). So I’ll probably shelve that for another “fix in the rewrite” thing.

Okay, will mark that as “not a bug” in the original post. =)

Ignore me, my computer was having a weird moment of not cooperating with me.  :stuck_out_tongue: 

Since we can’t get onto the Bug Site, I hope you don’t mind me using this Topic to report a bug.

On Jan 11th, I tried to breed one of my mares, Miss Hollywood, finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=2069 and am getting strange results.

I had set up the Breeding to What’s Debatable, and when I went to Miss Hollywood’s page and clicked on “Breed This Mare”, there was a notation on the page that said “This mare is in transit and cannot be bred”. When I clicked on “Pick a Date” and tried to select an actual date, the drop down box was empty and there were no dates to select. I tried a number of different things, including deleting the Breeding from What’s Debatable Breeding Schedule and adding it back, without any luck.

When I went back to Miss Hollywood page, I realized that the Breeding Date was Feb 28th (which was the date I wanted to breed her on anyway), so clicked on Breed This Foal. The screen refreshed with a message that "Miss Hollywood is in foal to What’s Debatable, and is due to foal around January 8th, 2017. The message that “This mare is in transit and cannot be bred” was still there, but, as she appeared to have been successfully bred, I didn’t question it further.

A couple of days later, I went to my Broodmares list to breed another of my mares and noticed that it said that Miss Hollywood was “Not in Foal”. When I clicked on her and selected  “Breed This Mare”, the message that “This mare is in transit and cannot be bred” was still there. In addition, the message about her being in foal to What’s Debatable was still there too, however, the estimated foaling date had changed to December 22nd, 2016.

If you have some time, could you please check into why it says that she is in Transit on the Breeding page, but on the horse information page it doesn’t say anything about her being in transit. In addition, if I go to my Shipping page, it says that she is at Starfish Stables and is “Still In Foal”.

Thanks.

Another minor one. Two of my in foal mares (3940 & 3709) are now showing on their pages as in foal to the stallions that they will be covered by this year (As You Wish & Blue Smoke) both have a due date of 11/30/99. On their respective ‘breed this mare’ and ‘view foal’ pages they are showing as IF to the correct current stallions, with correct due dates. Not major, just odd.

Lewis:

1. The mare has been bred, so that’s fine.

2. The reason you didn’t get any date options is that both of WD’s Feb 2 spots had already been used. So now technically he’s overbooked by 1 foal because he’s got 3 foals bred in that timeslot.

3. There was an error in MH’s shipping history which meant she never had an arrival date, so she was always in transit. (Fixed.)

4. Shipping page says she’s “still in foal” because she is…for 2017. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like it’s because you have pending bookings for those mares for this year, so it was getting the dates mixed up.

(Unfortunately I realised this after I deleted the pending booking for Ring of Brogdar, so you may want to re-arrange that one.)

Ok, no worries.

Thanks for fixing this Shanthi,

It was just a little confusing when, depending on which screen you looked at, some said MH was in foal for 2017 and others said she wasn’t, also, some said she was in transit and others said she wasn’t, and there was the issue with the estimated due date changing. I’m glad they are all cleared up now and hope you didn’t have to spend too long on these issues.

I can’t quite remember how 3/4s sibs are calculated. Is it just through the dam line? i.e. Mare is bred to Stud 1 and then Stud 2. Stud 1 and 2 are 1/2 brothers. Therefore Foal 1 and Foal 2 are 3/4s to each other.

Or does it work both ways? Dam 1 and Dam 2 are 1/2 sisters. They’re both bred to Stud A. Resulting foals are calculated to be 3/4s to each other.

As it stands now, it seems like the calculation is going through both ways, which is technically right.

e.g. Easy Come Easy Go is listed as 3/4s to Cassiopeia (both by the same sire, dams are 1/2 sisters) and Striking Beauty (SB’s sire is ECEG’s Grandsire, they are both out of the same dam)

Sorry, I’m just having a major brain fart.

It should be both ways. Basically if 75%(ish) of the pedigree is the same, then they should count as 3/4 sibs. (This sort of breaks down with Stud 1 and Mare 1/Mare’s daughter, since then Mare 1’s baby’s pedigree has the extra generation.)

But yeah - if one parent is the same and the other parent are parent/child or sibling, then it should count as 3/4 sibs.

It seems to be working, it just also assumes that Created counts as a “match” (so created Mare 1 and created Mare 2 are counted as 1/2 siblings even though they’re not).

I wondered about that. I did a hypo breeding with two created lines last night and it came up with all sorts of 3/4 sibs from the stallion’s other foal crops.

I also have a bug and I hope you don’t mind me adding it here.

My mare Highland Paint (#1729) is stuck “in transit” when she really should be finished shipping and at Iron Spur Stables already.