Ivy Creek Farm 2018 - ICh. Witness, ICh. V is for Victory, & ICh. Sleipnir

I’m excited to say that this year we will be standing not one, but TWO stallions:

[align=center][color=green]ICh. Witness
2006 bay stallion standing 15.0hh
Class Act (G) x Time For Truth (G) - False Promises (S)
Breeder’s Cup nominated
2009 3 YEAR OLD COLT OF THE YEAR
FEE: $5,000 LFG

Witness’s fee has been reduced to hopefully gain some more attention.  His 4 crops of racing age are very small (average of only 11 foals), so I’m hoping to change that for him.  Most stallions begin with a full 30 foal crop, so he has been put at a disadvantage.

ON THE TRACK

ICH. WITNESS is a multiple stakes winning, multiple stakes placed multi-millionaire.  He was voted the Eclipse 3 Year Old Colt for 2009 thanks to his many wins.  His lifetime wins include the Cadbury Guineas (Gr.1), Cox Plate (Gr.1), Eclipse Stakes (Gr.1), Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (Gr.1), Seabiscuit Breeders’ Stakes (Gr.2), Santa Catalina Stakes (Gr.2), Shannon Stakes (Gr.2), Surrey Stakes (Gr.2, hurdles), among others.  He also holds 3 speed records for his efforts, ranging from 5f to 7.5f over turf.  Although he appeared to specialize in turf sprints based on speed records alone, he actually performed equally well over both surfaces and nearly every distance.  He even won two stakes races over hurdles at the end of his career!  He was truly a jack of all trades.  He ran strongly at 2, had his best year at 3, and then began to fade at 4.  He had wins over a variety of distances, from sprints up to 11.5f on turf, and up to 18f over hurdles.  He ran against (and beat each more than once) many now-famous stallions, so the talent is definitely there.  These rivals include: Candidate, Foolhardy, What’s Your Point, and Ring of Fire.

PEDIGREE

ICH. WITNESS is the only son of CLASS ACT (G) left standing at stud now that I’m A Classic (sire of last year’s Derby & Preakness winner, Von Lichtenstein) has retired.  In fact, he is the only stallion standing that carries the Class Act line until the time that Von Lichtenstein retires.  This line, particularly through I’m A Classic, has proven to be very successful on the track.  Through the damline, WITNESS also adds another rare line, FALSE PROMISES (S).  He is the only stallion standing from that line as well.  The FALSE PROMISES line has yielded a high percentage of stakes quality foals.

IN THE SHED

ICH. WITNESS has had only 4 small crops to race.  In those 4 crops, he has as many foals as most stallions produce in their first 1 1/2 crops (a total of 43 foals of racing age).  Even so, he has a number of stakes level runners, including Ch. Arctic Sister (3YO MSW filly, Gr.1), Ch. Bear Witness (3YO MSW colt, Gr.1), Ch. Saw A Ghost (5YO SW filly, Gr.2), Ch. Saving Grace (4YO SW filly, Gr.3), Ch. Firsthand Account (4YO MSP filly, Gr.1), Ch. Big Brother (5YO MSP gelding, Gr.1), Ch. Apt Witness (3YO MSP gelding, Gr.3), ISeenWhatYouDone (3YO SP filly, Gr.2), Full of Fanfare (3YO SP filly, ung.), and Sea No Evil (5YO SP stallion, ung.). Below is a summary of each crop:

2012 (5YO) - Most of these prefer longer distance turf routes, and they appear to peak around the desired 3 years old (some do well at 2 and 3, some at 3 and 4).  The only two non-winners have had only 8 lifetime starts and 3 lifetime start in 4 years, so they really haven’t been given a fair chance.  Including those two, 82% of this crop is a winner or stakes level, and 55% hold a speed record over longer distances (10.5f to 15.5f, mainly over turf).
2013 (4YO) - 89% of runners are winners or stakes level.
2014 (3YO) - 100% are winners or stakes level (excluding 1 unraced), and 25% of those are MSWs
2015 (2YO) - only 1 winner from 8 to race, but most are unraced

[color=green]
ICh. WITNESS would be best suited to produce foals that will peak at 3 years old.  They appear to prefer long distance turf, so consider sending your sprinter mares and those that matured at 2YO to him to balance him out.  He is not a tall fellow, so taller mares are preferred.  He will infuse the coveted CLASS ACT lines into your herd.  At only $5,000 and with a live foal guarantee, he’s a good investment.
[/align]

BOOKINGS:

FEB 1A - Madame Justice - IVY CREEK FARM
FEB 1B - Lucky In Love - IVY CREEK FARM
FEB 2A - Lucky Ducky - IVY CREEK FARM
FEB 2B - Fifty Not Out - IVY CREEK FARM
MAR 1A - Heartless - IVY CREEK FARM
MAR 1B - Heartland - SIERRA VIEW RACING
MAR 2A - Midnight Return - BLACK STORM WEST (LFG)
MAR 2B - Last Road to Cross - WINDWARD FARM
MAR 3A - Wouldn’tyouknowit - FAR AWAY RACING
MAR 3B - Jazz Dancer - DARKWOOD STABLES
APR 1A - Bravodora - IVY CREEK FARM
APR 1B - Holiday Joy - IVY CREEK FARM
APR 2A - Light A Candle - SEMIAHMOO STABLES
APR 2B - Wild Rumors - STILLWATER FARMS
MAY 1A - Murder By Numbers - IVY CREEK FARM
MAY 1B - Cigarillo - IVY CREEK FARM
MAY 2A - Manhattan Melody - IVY CREEK FARM
MAY 2B - Firebird - WHISPERWOOD ACRES
JUN 1A - Uptown Girl - IVY CREEK FARM
JUN 1B - High Market - WINDWARD FARM
JUN 2A - Runaway Angel - IVY CREEK FARM
JUN 2B - Zabara - WINDWARD FARM
JUL 1A - RETIRED - booking cancelled - Masada - WINDWARD FARM
JUL 1B - RETIRED - booking cancelled - Black Magic Lady - FREEDOM ACRES
JUL 2A - RETIRED - booking transferred - Endearing Quality - BACON RACING
JUL 2B - RETIRED - booking cancelled - Rose’s Pride - GANT’S FARM
AUG 1A - RETIRED
AUG 1B - RETIRED
AUG 2A - RETIRED
AUG 2B - RETIRED

[align=center][color=green]ICh. V is for Victory
2008 chestnut stallion standing 17.0hh
Jazz It Up (G) x Dark Victory § (created)
Breeder’s Cup nominated
FEE: $5,000 LFG

V is for Victory’s fee is still low because his first crop is just turning 3 and I don’t believe they have hit their stride yet.  However, if they take after their sire, they will figure it out soon, and his fee may go up next year.  Get him at this low rate while you can!

ON THE TRACK

ICH. V IS FOR VICTORY is a multiple stakes winning, multiple stakes placed multi-millionaire.  His lifetime wins include the Canadian International (Gr.1), Forego Stakes (Gr.1), Pimlico Special (Gr.1-twice!), Arlington Million (Gr.1), Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Gr.1), Caulfield Sprint (Gr.2), San Marcos Stakes (Gr.2), and Strub Stakes (Gr.2), among others.  He also holds 2 speed records for his efforts, both at 10f over turf.  Although he earned his speed records and the majority of his earnings on turf, he actually achieved more stakes wins over dirt, proving his versatility.  He was only started one time at 2, remaining unplaced.  His career truly started at 3, where he earned his first win in his first attempt (at the claiming level), and then later went on to earn his first stakes win.  He had his best year at 4 years of age, then began to fade slightly during his 5 year old campaign.  He had stakes wins over a variety of distances, from 5.5f to 10f.  He ran against - and beat - many now-famous stallions, so the talent is definitely there.  These rivals include: Formal Occasion, Irish Gold, Yes It’s Paddy, Dark Demand, Bellagio, Sleipnir, and Express Yourself

PEDIGREE
ICH. V IS FOR VICTORY is one of three sons of JAZZ IT UP (G) standing at stud, with the others being WCH. ALL JAZZED UP (S) and GCH. MAJOR’S FLIGHT (S).  V IS FOR VICTORY is the younger, less proven (and much cheaper) option of the three, with ALL JAZZED UP’s first crop turning 4 and MAJOR’S FLIGHT’s first crop turning 7.  Both of the other JAZZ IT UP sons seem to produce runners who don’t blossom until 3, much like V IS FOR VICTORY’s first crop will hopefully do this year.  Through the damline, V IS FOR VICTORY also adds another strong line.  His dam, though created, produced two stallions from 4 foals.  V IS FOR VICTORY is a 1/2 brother to ICH. DARK CONTINENT (S) (by LAND HO (S)), proving that his damline is perhaps equally as impressive as his sireline, a feat not every stallion can claim.

IN THE SHED

ICH. V IS FOR VICTORY has only one crop to race so far.  We expect his foals to mature at 3 or 4, on average.  So far, his most impressive get include Silent Victor (2YO SP colt, Gr.1), and several 2yo winners: V is for Valiant, Final Victory, Fooled Again, and Dark Humor.

[color=green]ICh. V IS FOR VICTORY would be best suited to produce foals that will peak at 3 years old or later, by our estimation.  We hope that they will inherit his ability to thrive on both dirt and turf surfaces, and they should do well at classic distances.  At a tall 17.0hh, he will add class and legginess to your future foals.  As a young sire, he has the potential to still prove himself as a world-class sire if we are lucky.  Breeding to V IS FOR VICTORY is potentially a chance to breed to an up-and-coming sire for a reasonable fee before his siring abilities are fully realized (and demand and fees increased to match).[/align]

BOOKINGS:

FEB 1A - Bold Jewel - IVY CREEK FARM
FEB 1B - Ruth Sage - IVY CREEK FARM
FEB 2A - I’m Feelin’ Lucky - IVY CREEK FARM
FEB 2B - With A Fleurish - IVY CREEK FARM
MAR 1A - Twirlaway - IVY CREEK FARM
MAR 1B - Mango Frappe - IVY CREEK FARM
MAR 2A - Laugh Out Loud - STILLWATER FARMS
MAR 2B - Darkfall - SIERRA VIEW RACING
MAR 3A - Leap Of Faith - IVY CREEK FARM
MAR 3B - Juniper - VIMES RACING
APR 1A - Kiasport - IVY CREEK FARM
APR 1B - Oh So Sharp - IVY CREEK FARM
APR 2A - I’m a Star - IVY CREEK FARM
APR 2B - Pegasus Pride - IVY CREEK FARM
MAY 1A - Sovereign Song - IVY CREEK FARM
MAY 1B - Theatrical Lady - IVY CREEK FARM
MAY 2A - Isabella - SEMIAHMOO STABLES
MAY 2B - Noble Queen - GENEROUS BLOODSTOCK
JUN 1A - Lucky Fox - IVY CREEK FARM
JUN 1B - Classic Irish - IVY CREEK FARM
JUN 2A - Justonelastcigar - FINAL FURLONG
JUN 2B - Lucky Again - FINAL FURLONG
JUL 1A - Playful Breeze - IVY CREEK FARM
JUL 1B - Highland Treasure - IVY CREEK FARM
JUL 2A - Endearing Quality - BACON RACING
JUL 2B - Hawaiin Ice - IVY CREEK FARM
AUG 1A -
AUG 1B - Black Magic Lady - FREEDOM ACRES
AUG 2A - Dixie Love - IVY CREEK FARM
AUG 2B -

[align=center][color=green]ICh. Sleipnir
2008 dark bay stallion standing 15.0hh
NCh. Lucky Cigar (G) x NCh. You Belong (G) (x Danzig {G})
Breeder’s Cup nominated
FEE: $5,000 LFG*
*I will have to modify all bookings for his remaining slots.

Sleipnir is new to our lineup, so we’re still getting to know him!

ON THE TRACK

ICH. SLEIPNIR…

PEDIGREE
ICH. SLEIPNIR…

IN THE SHED

ICH. SLEIPNIR…

[color=green]ICh. SLEIPNIR…[/align]

BOOKINGS:

FEB 1A - Endless Dawn - OAKWOOD FARMS
FEB 1B - Snowflake - STILLWATER FARMS
FEB 2A - Quiet Queen - SIERRA VIEW RACING
FEB 2B - Unfinished Business - OAKWOOD FARMS
MAR 1A - Eleanor Rigby - STILLWATER FARMS
MAR 1B - Colossal - OAKWOOD FARMS
MAR 2A - Double Luck - OAKWOOD FARMS
MAR 2B - Blackberry - FINAL FURLONG
MAR 3A - Ain’t I Pretty - OAKWOOD FARMS
MAR 3B - Final Point - BLACK STORM WEST
APR 1A - Stardust Shiver - CLOVER SPRINGS STABLES
APR 1B - Magnanimity - OAKWOOD FARMS
APR 2A - Smooth Sailing - GENEROUS BLOODSTOCK
APR 2B - Jazzanna - WINDWARD FARM
MAY 1A - Celtic Circle - THE GREY STABLE
MAY 1B - Search For Love - FINAL FURLONG
MAY 2A - Rodeo - OAKWOOD FARMS
MAY 2B - Tora - FINAL FURLONG
JUN 1A - That’s So Funny - IVY CREEK FARM
JUN 1B - Ars Magica - OAKWOOD FARMS
JUN 2A - Classified - FINAL FURLONG
JUN 2B - Soft Whispers - OAKWOOD FARMS
JUL 1A - Time For Honor - OAKWOOD FARMS
JUL 1B - Heart Thunder - OAKWOOD FARMS
JUL 2A - Lady Falcon - BACON RACING
JUL 2B - Grama’s Prize - IVY CREEK FARM
AUG 1A - Phoenician - IVY CREEK FARM
AUG 1B -
AUG 2A -
AUG 2B -

I’d like to use a Witness LFG I have (had a stillborn by him for another mare, but I think this girl will cross much better) and send Midnight Return to him for March 2A. Thanks!

Can I get May2B for Witness with Firebird?

Can I grab March 2 for Laugh Out Loud to V Is For Victory? Thanks!

I’ve got everyone added. :slight_smile: Thanks for choosing my boys!

Oh and Shelbie, which foal was stillborn? I’m just trying to keep an idea of which ones have been honored.

Could I get V is for Victory’s Jun 2a spot for Noble Queen please?

Thanks

Got her!  Thank you.  :slight_smile:

Could I get Feb 2B for Heartland to Witness and March 2B for Darkfall to V is for Victory?
Thnx

There weren’t any Feb 2 spots left for Witness, so I gave Heartland a March 1 spot.  Is that ok?

But I’ve got Darkfall all set for March 2.  :slight_smile:

It’s all good thnx

Can I get
May 2 to V is for Victory for Isabella
April 2 to Witness for Light A Candle

Got them both!  Thank you!

Both boys are officially Breeder’s Cup nominated for this season now! V Is For Victory was not nominated the past two years due to FF management, so it’s good to see him back.

Can I get Witness’ April 2 spot for Wild Rumors? Thanks!

Sure! She’s got the spot.

May I have
March 2B for Last Road to Cross
June 1B for High Market
June 2B for Zabra
July 1A for Masada

Thanks

Did you want those all to Witness, or did you want some of those to be for V is for Victory?

All to Witness. Man I’m losing it must be the -40 weather

Got them all!
Thank you for your clear faith in him - I think he’s got it in him, once he has more active foals running!

Could I send Black Magic Lady to Witness for July 1?
Thanks!