How'd You Do 2011?

Brazen Virtue- 6 y/o mare by Brazen Remark out of Word of Honor ( Good on my Word )

Director- 6 y/o gelding by Planet Hollywood out of Rise and Shine ( Shining Light ).

KC Kid- 6 y/o colt by NCH. KC Wonder Boy out of CH. Brightly Burning ( Burning Desire ).

I tried to go for older horses…that at least hit the board. I’m quite happy with my purchases.

Well, I was really only looking for 2 -3 horses, and I’m hopefully going to get that many. I went for the Steeplechasers, because well, my barn owns Steeplechase horses.

Admiral’s Skies is a 2005 stallion with few winnings.  His lines are: War Admiral x Cloud Surfing. He may not be the best of the best, but I think he has potentional and I’m going to show him actively. I got him for the cheap price of $2,000.

EDIT:Well, I didn’t come home with Danzig’s Desert, but I did manage to sweep up another colt.

Redwood Dream is a 2005 stallion who I am proud to call my own. Redwood Prince x Dream On is his pedigree. He has already reached over $200,000 and I plan to continue his career in the Steeplechasing world. I got him for the low price of $4000.

This auction is all about expanding my breeding operation.  So far, I got one horse that I wanted!

[color=red]Dark Foxx is a light bay broodmare by The Black.  I love this stallion, and I was pretty dissapointed that it’s his last year as a stallion, so I grabbed this girl up.  She doesn’t have a fantastic race record, but I think that she’ll be a great addition to my tiny band of broodmares. 

I wanted to have a few more different sirelines runnin around the paddock.

[color=blue]Man Of Silence a 2yo brown colt by Man O’War.

I´m tickled pink with the purchase we´ve won. Because we were in the market for broodmares, rather than racers, I was expecting to pay more than I usually do per horse.

Thus far, I´ve walked away with [color=red]Nugget, a 2004 model by retired stallion Strike the Gold, out of silver rated mare In Effect by Lethal Weapon.  I really wanted to add some Strike blood to my broodstock, and despite not being raced too much until she hit 5, she was on the board more than 50% and won almost 1/3rd of her starts.  Her irratic race record leads me to believe she was only really campaged privately for her 5yo year when she was probably over the hill.  She could have possibly been a SW in her own right, but that´s neither here or there. Any way, we´re absolutely enamored with her and let her visit with Cricket stud, High Chances, after she settled in.  We´re super excited for the baby, and at $45,500 we still think she was quite the steal.  =)

I came out for broodmares this year (though I’ve got bids in on a nice-looking colt and a well-bred filly as well), and I’m quite thrilled with the girl I managed to win.

[color=red]Captain’s Girl didn’t have too much going for her at first glance, but after a moment’s consideration, I couldn’t resist, mate. She’s a 2005 bay mare by Captain Jack out of Cover Girl with a fair (though not spectacular) racing history and only one foal on the ground. I’ve had only one broodmare for the past two years, and have been itching to get another, so I was willing to put out more than I really wanted to spend on a single horse, winning her for a cool $50,000. She’s got a date with the handsome Highland Pride for a much-anticipated 2012 baby. :slight_smile:

Edited to add:
I also managed to win [color=red]That’s Spectacular, a 4-year-old grey mare by Spectacular Bid out of That’s My Baby. looked at her to consider whether I should bid on her with plans to retire her to breeding, but found that she actually appears to be still going strong, having won her most recent start in June. So she’ll stay on the track for awhile longer and possibly head to the breeding shed next summer. She cost me around $30k.

Well so far I’ve come away from this sale with some good stock.  First off the trailer were the three colts Justice Served (Lit de Justice x Falcon’s Finest), Danzel (Danzig x Ch.Princess Holly), and Boldly Goes (NCh.Boldness Shows x Blowin’ In The Wind).  The next horse off the trailer was Blowin’ In The Wind (West Wind x Shooting Star).  We have one more bid that hasn’t ended yet so we have our fingers crossed. 
Justice Served is a nice looking dapple grey yearling who currently stands 14.3 hh and was born Jan 8.  Except for a couple of markings he is a dead copy of his sire so we have high hopes for him.  Danzel is a well put together dark bay weanling who currently stands 11 hh and was born Mar 31. We were looking for another Danzig baby after having some success with our colt Da Vinci and we’re hoping to have the same kind of luck with this little guy.  Boldly Goes is a flashy light chestnut weanling with a tiny bit of white who currently stands 12 hh and was born Jan 14.  We own his half brother, A Mighty Wind, and his dam, Blowin’ In The Wind, so we’re hoping that the whole little family turns out well for us.  Blowin’ In The Wind is a 9 y/o chestnut broodmare who stands 17 hh and is the dam of two of our colts, A Mighty Wind and Boldly Goes.  She hasn’t really had any outstanding offspring as of yet but we’re hoping that will change soon.  She will be visiting Seabiscut for a 2012 foal.

I thought I did good. A little bit over my desired spending limit but that is just fine.

First up is Ring of Brodgar who was my personal favorite at the auction. She is a lovely grey filly who is by Highland Pride and out of Onyx who is by The Black and out of Highland Lover. She has beautiful bloodlines and I can’t wait to see her race in 2012. I got her for the small,not really, sum of $50,500.

Next is Golden Surprise a beautiful 2005, 17 hand, chestnut mare, she now is a broodmare and will be going to see Prince of Wonder for a 2012 foal. Her race record wasn’t bad getting3-2-5-5(2) and earning $148,625.The main reason I got her was that she was sired by The Black. She was only $10,500.

My total cost was $61,000.

I walked off with 2 decent purchases for 1k each  :smiley: (that was luckly-lol).

[color=blue]Man of  Few Words is a 6yr stallion by Man O’War and out of the mare Folk Art, that has just started his racing career this year. He is already a successful steeple chaser and in 5 starts he has 2 wins, 1 place & 2 thirds with earnings of $43,000.

[color=green]Please Hold is a 5yr gelding by Sir Barton out of the mare Just A Moment. He is stakes placed and is coming off of a nice 2nd place for FF.

First I just wanna say that I’m absolutely in love with this new auction watch thing - it’s sooo cool!! Anyways right now I’ve snagged three horses. A weanling, 2 y/o, and 3 y/o.

- First up was a beautiful black weanling filly by GCh. Street Wise and out of Delicate Subject. I ended up naming her [color=red]Symphony of Love. She’s a half sister to three stakes placed siblings as well as MSW Cut To The Chase. I’m excited for this one.

- Second I purchased a tiny little created 2 y/o dapple grey colt named [color=blue]Kangaroot. He’s by Dr. Root and out of Plaiser. He placed third in his only start so we’ll see what else he can do.

- Third is a three year old colt named [color=blue]Boston Wind. He’s by West Wind and out of Bostonian. He’s a SC’er with a pretty solid race record of 3-2-0-0-1. I’ll probably end up gelding this one and hopefully he’ll be a consistent money earner.

Won one horse so far but hope to win more.
Will post my reults once auction ends

So far we’ve walked away with only 2 horses, but we consider both to be quite the steal:

I was pretty dead-set on picking up [color=blue]Alyclass for several reasons: I LOVE his name, I love his sire (Alydar), I love his color (strawberry roan), and despite his somewhat older age (5YO), he’s been a consistant runner for FF this year (of 2 starts, 1 win and 1 place).  I’m so SO happy I won him - I can’t wait to see how he turns out!  I was expecting to put up quite a fight for him, but ended up walking away paying only $3,000 for him.  Oh, and he’s been gelded in the mean time in hopes that it will only INCREASE his consistancy!

My second purchase was [color=red]Rodeo Cowgirl, a flashy black older racer who is MW, MP and out of two silver-ranked horses (Omaha x Her Highness).  One of her older 1/2 sisters is a gold-ranked brood (Queen’s Champion owned by Outlaws Incorporated), so here’s hoping she follows in her footsteps.  Since she hasn’t had a win in a couple years, she’s been retired to broodmare status and bred to Storybook farm’s TEMPTATION for a black or blue roan foal from unproven parents but well-proven grandparents…here’s hoping the gamble pays off!  She was a steal at only $1,000.

We’ll see if we end up with any others…here’s hoping.

The auction slipped my mind until yesterday…but I’ve picked up two horses.

The first was [color=red]Kentucky Bourbon, a cute 3yo chestnut filly who’s placed multiple times. She started out her career as a steeplechaser, and with the right equipment I think she’ll be a nice allowance filly.

[color=blue]Infinite Frontier is a big 3yo light chestnut colt. He has a nice record and decent lines, so I’m hoping he’ll do well once he starts racing under the Skyclad colors. :slight_smile:

Just got one horse.
Diamondintherust is a broodmare with nice lines. I hope to get some good foals out of her.

Managed to bring home 3…

[color=blue]Ch Highline 5 y/o stallion by NCh Highland Wizard (S) out of Lady Caroline (B).  He’s stakes placed, fairly consistent and is 4(2)–2-1(1)-0 for the year so hopefully he’ll continue to run well. 

[color=blue]Player  4 y/o stallion by Romeo (S) out of Party Girl (S).  Mainly caught my eye with his name.  Multiple winner, multiple placed, won his last start out to improve to 4–2-1-1 for the year.  Hopefully he keeps up the trend.

[color=green]Admire Me 5 y/o gelding by War Admiral (S) out of Watagan Opal (B).  He’s multiple winner, multiple placed, 5(2)–2-0-0-1 on the year, steeplechaser, won his last out.  We’ll keep him in the allowance company and see if he continues to do well there.

I had my eye on a few others, some fillies and a broodmare or two but I had to bow out.  The ponies haven’t been running so well recently so can’t really afford to be buying too many at this point…  So these guys better run! :slight_smile:

I had to fight tooth and claw, but I managed to get a couple. :wink:

First I was happy to welcome [color=red]Lady’s Maid to my stable. A 16.1h, dark-grey 2 y.o. filly, she is by Silver-rated Those Will Do, out of Traveling Maid. She is 1/2 to MSW Runfortheborder. She’s already managed to win a race and place in a couple of others in her starts so far, so I am eager to see what she is capable of. I paid $40,500 for her.

Secondly, I was able to snag [color=blue]Cat Burglar, a handsome dark bay 3 y.o. colt who stands at a strapping 17 hands. He’s by Almost Home, out of Silver-rated Miss Kitty II; he’s 1/2 to Stakes-placed Armada. In six starts he has only been off the board once. I was definitely looking for reliable runners that I can race for a while, so hopefully he will fit the bill just fine. He was a $26,000 purchase.

There were several others who caught my eye, but I had to bow out due to the bidding limit. C’est la vie! It was fun while it lasted. :slight_smile:

Battle Hill went to buy broodmares, and came home with 4 of the lovely Ladies…

First was Into The Myst 2005-Grey-Mare by Native Dancer (S) and out of Cygnet (B), making 1/2 to the Platinum ranked mare Black Swan. She was Multi placed and has produced one foal so far by Alydar. She was shipped to FF for a date with Seattle Slew for 2012 and is on her way back to her new home.

Second was High Point 2007-Bay-Mare by Point Given (S) and out of High Bidder (B) (Easy Street (B). She’s a Winner & Multi placed, but has not shown any real talent this year, so I retired her to brood, and she has been sent to FF for a date with Spectacular Bid for 2012.

Third was Mon Amour 2003-Grey-Mare by Satin Romance (S) and out of Native Princess (S) (Native Dancer (S), making her 1/2 to MSW Ch. Cigar’s Native. She was also multi placed and has had one foal so far by Red Sunset. She has been sent to FF for a date with Sunday Silence for 2012.

And Last but not least was Fleet Keeper 2005-Bay-Mare by NCh Fleet Street (S) (What’s It Worth (G) x Fleeting Moment (G) and out of Gatekeeper (B). she was unraced and has produced two foals so far. She has been sent to FF for a date with Easy Goer for 2012.

With these stallions retiring at the end of the breeding season this year… I wanted a shot at breeding to them… Lots of pretty babies next summer :slight_smile:

I was looking at a lot of the nicer broodmares early on, but spent too much money at the beginning to bring back a home bred and couldn’t really get the mares I wanted, but thats life. Ended up with three horses when it is all said and done however:

First off, I purchased back our home bred mare What’s Honor, (WCh. What’s Debatable (S) x Honor Bright (S)). She is 1/2 sibling to MSW ICh. Chivalry, and has not been off the board while racing yet this year. Hoping to round out a nice racing year, and then decide whether to breed her or not next year as her dam Honor Bright is now at Delta Ro stables. $30,500 not bad for a mare I wanted back :wink:

Next was an Unnamed foal originally who has been given a name, Fenix, (Seabiscuit (S) x Fire Flyer (S)). Just a little play on words for ‘Phoenix,’  ;D She is 1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. On The Fly and SW Ch. Hellfire, with a couple stakes placed and winners mixed in to the line. I really wanted her as well because of this being Seabiscuit’s last year at stud. Purchased for $30,500.

Lastly was a mare I ended up snagging while not able to get some other mares that I wanted… Venture Capitalist, (Easy Street (B) x Risky Venture (S)). Nice looking mare with her first foal on the track being a winner this year, and with her dam Risky Venture having foaled MSW Ch. Fast Fleet Feet and Ch. Lone Adventurer. She has been sent off to FF to breed with Count Fleet for his last year at stud. Purchased for $33,500.

Lindsay

Well I managed to bring to their new home a few of the horses I had originally wanted to pick up from this auction.

The first mare we got was [color=red]Blazin’ Hearts. 2002 - Chestnut - Silver Ranked Broodmare by the silver ranked Brazen Remark (the deceased sire of MSW’s Ch. Semi Sweet, and Ch. On The Fly) and out of the bronze ranked Hearts Aflame.  Blazin’ Heats was purchased in foal to ICh. Alley Cat for January 2012, this sire is by the silver ranked Alydar, and out of the Platinum ranked mare Highland Dreamer, he is a fairly new stallion who’s 2yos will be hitting the track next year.  She currently has 3 Colts, and 1 Filly to her name, Her 2007 Colt Ch. Groupie by Dixieland Jazz is a Stakes Winner.

The second mare we got was [color=red]Miss Tea.  1997 - Dark Bay - Bronze Ranked Broodmare by the silver ranked Seattle Slew who is scheduled to be retired next year (He is alo a silver ranked broodmare sire) and out of the bronze ranked Reine-de-Course mare Tea Time she was then sent to Final Furlong to be bred to the silver ranked Chef-de-race stallion Danzig for a late 2012 foal, Danzig is scheduled to be reitred in 2012.

The last mare we managed to get into our barn was [color=red]Northern Lady II. 2002 - Bay -Silver Ranked Broodmare by the bronze ranked Northern Slew and out of the silver ranked Ch. Drifter’s Lady.  She has been sent to Final Furlong to be bred to the silver ranked sire Sunday Silence for a 2012 foal.  Sunday Silence is another stallion that will be retired in 2012.

With the addition of these wonderful 3 mares that brings our broodmare band up to 10 and a total of 10 new foals to look forward to with anticipation and crossed fingers next year.  2012 will be Sheldrake Racings first foal crop that we will have bred on our own.

A good auction for Darkwood bringing home a full complement of five.
First was a grey weanling colt [color=blue]Snow Leopardby Twin Oaks out of Lil Kitty. Both parents are bronze ranked but I have to admit I bought him more for his name  :wink:

next an unnamed filly now called [color=red]Liquid Fire by bronze ranked Ch Turn’n’Burn out of silver ranked Liquid Gold whose first foal Golden Oak is already showing promise as a 2yo. I have high hopes for this girl!

The  only currently racing purchase was [color=red]Malina By GCh Akhenaten (B) and Ch Brightly Burning (S) she is half to SW Ch Bold’n’Bright, Ch Light My Way and SW Ch Rooftop Bandit. Placed third in her only outing I am very keen to see her run. She should also make a good broodmare in time.

Finally I managed to obtain 2 broodmares, not my first choices, but I’m very happy with them anyway as there is always such a demand for broodmares.
[color=red]Forgotten Promise By Forget It out of Word of Honor (both Silver) She has only raced twice both times as a 4yo and placed once.  She is half to SW last Word and MSW On My Word. Her first foal Promise Keeper has run twice  for a second and third place and as she is currently in foal to Distinct Posibili (two for the price of one  :smiley:)I hope this is a good sign for the future.

My last purchse was [color=red]Top Trick a bronze rated created mare. She was in foal to Unbridled but went into labour during the auction and sadly the foal died a short time after birth. However the mare is fine according to the vet and will be sent to stud once I have had a chance to look at the stallions available.

I’m pleased with all my new horses and look forward to seeing how the go over the next few months. I’m especially looking forward to the foaling season next year to see my own mares’ foals.

Hope everybody got some of what they wanted :slight_smile: