How'd You Do 2011?

I did ok.

I picked up a Weanling colt out of Magic Cross.
I have high hopes for him and have named him [color=blue]Goodison Flyer.

I bought a 4 y/o stallion called [color=blue]Kool Karma who should do well now I have brought him to England

I also bought another 4 y/o stallion called [color=blue]Victory Forever   who already has a bit of form behind him so forever optimistic

I was looking for Broadmares but they all went for too much for a relative newbie , except for a couple that went for really low prices that some how sneeked through undetected and unapposed!

This was probably the most fun I’ve had with an online “auction” and the most work I’ve put in to one.  Whatever plans I had for horses to buy got thrown out the window in the first couple days, though.  I only came away with one horse that was on my original list.  I ended up buying 4 horses total, and spending something like $67.5 thousand.  My new additions are:

1. [color=blue]Blue Slew Dancer (dark bay), a 2005 stallion who’s still running the money.  He’s out of Rhythm n’ Blues (S) by Northern Slew (B), so he’s got the pedigree to be great, even if he is six years old.  I’d love to see him end up as my first stud-worthy boy, but I’m not going to get my hopes up.  Got him at a steal for $6500. 

2. [color=blue]Reason to Serve (chestnut), a 2008 colt who I bid for near the end, after losing several of my top choices.  He’s by War Admiral (S) out of A Reason To Love (S).  I’m definitely expecting good things from him.  His dam has produced 4 winners out of 4 foals racing.  So far, he’s been on the boards 3 times out of 4 races. 

3.  [color=blue]The Fugitive (chestnut), also a 2008 colt, was the only horse I won from my original “want list”.  He’s out of Believe Me (S) by Strike the Gold (S).  He’s finished in the top 3 in six out of 7 races, so I can’t wait to see him run for me.  Both sire and dam have produced multiple stakes winners and millionaires.  I’m hoping I’m right in seeing his potential.

1. Finally, my most expensive purchase (right at $30k) was [color=red]Pretty Classy, a dark bay 2002 broodmare.  She’s out of Pretty Awesome (B) by Class Act (S).  I didn’t initially bid on this mare, as I overlooked her.  However when the dust had settled after the first few days of the auction, she caught my eye.  I have a Stakes Winner off Class Act lines, so I jumped at the chance to buy her.  She’s got three foals on the ground, with only one (Djinn) racing.  [color=blue]Djinn (by Devil May Care) has been on the boards 5 of 5 races.  I’m planning to breed her to a Higland line on July 16 to try for a super-nice foal.   

We picked up one more.  ;D  Again, completely in love.

We managed to score [color=red]Liquid Gold.  She´s a 2002 mare by Fire´n´Smoke (B) and Gold Rush (S) by Mr. Prospector.  She´s half to a couple of stakes caliber horses, the most notable being a MSW by A.P. Indy, Golden Text.  Liquid Gold´s only foal to race, Golden Oak by bronze-rated Twin Oaks is already stakes placed as a 2yo and has won 3 out of 4 starts.  We have sent her out to Kentucky to be bred to AP Indy for a 3/4 sibling to Golden Text.

Ohhh, no! I hoped that there would be at least one horse when I got back from vacation…  :stuck_out_tongue: I was excited for bringing a new racehorse or broodmare home too.

Oh well, there’s always next year.  :-\

I´m sorry things worked out for you that way.  I know what I´ve done in the past if I haven´t been around for an auction is to give my login and password to someone, as well as the list of ponies that I want.  That way, at least there´s a chance of getting some bids in. 

The foal auction in December is a GREAT place to pick up some yearlings  , soon to be 2yos if you want to increase your racing stock for a reasonable price.  Babies tend to go for a lot less than they would if they were racing age (or even 2yos!), but unfortunately it means that you won´t get a quick turn around. 

Good luck.

I did just that and made sure Edea still had all my login and gave her a very long list of horses to look out for :smiley:

Managed to get three babies.

[color=maroon]Black Clouds is a 2010 filly by The Black out of Cloud Surfing. She’s already 14hh and still has quite a few months left to mature. I was ecstatic to get this filly because I was going to breed two mares to The Black because I have always wanted a The Black filly and because he’s retiring this year, I wanted to make sure I at least had a 50/50 chance of getting a live foal. Now I can save myself some money :smiley: She’s 1/2 to SW Flame Surfing and SP Reachforthestars.

[color=navy]Bold Bourbon is a 2010 colt by Bold Ruler and out of Grannies Cognac. I was excited for this colt because my racing Bold Ruler colt is currently 100% on the board with 1 win (I probably just jinxed the poor colt). I’m really looking forward to him hitting the track next year. He’s 1/2 to MSW Ancient Dare.

[color=maroon]Lady Amelie is a 2011 filly by Secretariat out of First Lady. She’s full sibling to NCh Government Secret and 1/2 to Snowbird’s own My Lady’s Princess. Other 1/2 siblings include SW/MSP Millionaire GCh Ladylove, SW/MSP Ch Legendary Lady, and MSW/MSP Multi-Millionaire NCh The First. I cannot wait for this filly to race! I’m so excited.

Yeah, I’ll have to wait for December.  :wink: I got a couple of good foals to add to the group last year, so hopefully this year will be just as good to make up for the mixed auction.  ;D

I’m a little late posting this, none the less I’m excited to have my first broodmares and hombreds coming next year.

The first one off the van was That’sMyPointBaby a 2011 chestnut filly by Point Given and out of My Babu (Planet Hollywood) all Silver Ranked. I absolutely love Point Given and was excited to get this filly. I’m hoping she turns out to be a nice racer for Southern Cross, and future broodmare.

Next came Dramatic Flair a 2004 bay mare by [Assualt[/b] and out of A Certain Flair both Silver Ranked. I sent her off to Stillwater Farm to be bred to [GCh. Highland Laird (S)[/b] Dawn talked this stud up so much I had to breed to him! This will be Dramatic Flair’s first foal.

Our third purchase was Frolicking a 2006 grey mare by NCh. Those Will Do (S) and out of Trveling Frolic (B). I sent her to FF to be bred to Unbridled (S). This will be  Frolicking’s 2nd foal.

Fourth was Ch. A Time For War a 2005 bay mare by Man O’War and out of Play Time She is a MSP mare. I sent her to FF to also be bred to Unbridled (S). I really like this stallion and I think this cross will give me a really top race horse.

Fifth and final from the Mixed Auction came Little Rock a 2002 chestnut mare by Who Says and out of Lady Godiva She is Bronze Ranked. I sent her to FF and splurged a little, she was bred to Cigar (G) Chef-de-Race. this will be her 5th foal and the one I’m most excited about.

I’m looking forward to the Select Auction in hopes of picking up one or two more horses. I know that will be the best I can do. Love the Auctions!