FF Famous Studs for 2017

Me too! :wink:

Who would you suggest bumping off the list?

So, as it stands, the list would be:
Candy Ride
Sea the Stars
Ravens Pass OR Smarty Jones
Dubawi
Blame
All American
Street Sense
Johannesburg (?)
Ghostzapper (?)
Midnight Lute (?)
Lucarno (?)
Yeats (?)
Big Brown (?)
New Approach OR Sixties Icon (?)

That’s 14 possibilities there (though I’d potentially argue that it would be Yeats OR New Approach OR Sixties Icon, which would be 13 possibilities. I’ve left the additions to the list as maybes since I want multiple people to weigh in.

Tough one. Of the three SW line boys New Approach probably has the best record on the Track as although Yeats has that unique record it is considered a stayers race (i.e. slow) although he did win a group one over 12f. Of those two though I personally would use Yeats, New Approach had a bit of a suspect temperament. Having said that, my first choice out of the three would be Sixties Icon. Beautiful pedigree (dam was an English Oaks winner), beautiful looking horse and despite being a St Leger winner, IRL he’s made a much better start at stud than expected. I think he’s leading by number of winners to runners for freshmen sires this year. Tough choice though  :-\

I think between the two, I’d much rather have Raven’s Pass.

Regarding Sixties Icon, Yeats, and New Approach, they’re all very nice so that’s a toughie. Sixties Icon’s first crop (2010) is doing pretty well with a G3 winner already, so I think he’d get my vote. I love Yeats, though, but between the three I’d go for Sixties Icon.

Ones I’d like to see in, ravens pass, midnight lute, lucarno,sea the stars and maybe big brown

Pass on Big Brown. I imagine his foals would be made of glass.

[quote="CricketHill"]
Pass on Big Brown. I imagine his foals would be made of glass.

I agree on that - He could hardly stay in one piece long enough to race…

Had a look at leading first crop sires list (for UK), latest data from 15th July. Sixties Icon leads the way with winner to runner ratio of 58%, Ravens Pass 29% and New Approach 27%.

Yeah, personally I really don’t care for Big Brown. His soundness score would be quite low.

of the list presented the ones I would like to see would be;

Sea the Stars
Ravens Pass
Street Sense
Johannesburg
Ghostzapper
Midnight Lute
Lucarno

Big Brown I wouldn’t breed to him in RL, so I wouldn’t breed to him ingame.
Smarty Jones I’m not a big fan of so again wouldn’t breed to him.

People are welcome to suggest other horses, or argue in favour/against hypothetical horses on the list with (?). :slight_smile: I’ll probably set the polls up in late August/early September.

I’d like to see more turf sires, most of the sires on the list are strictly dirt which is unfortunate imo.

Bel Esprit
1999 Stallion by Royal Academy and out of Bespoken (Vain)
5 wins at 2 including the Group 1 Blue Diamond Stakes and the Group 2 Maribyrnong Plate + 2 other Group 3 wins
3 wins at 3 including the Group 1 Doomben Ten Thousand Stakes, was also second in 4 Group 1 stakes

As a sire he is over 50% winners from almost 80% starters and is the sire of 13 stakes winners with his most notable being Black Caviar.

He crosses once to Northern Dancer (Great Grand Sire on sire line).

Kurofune
1998 Stallion by French Deputy and out of Blue Avenue (Classic Go Go)
Winner at 2, Grade 3 placed
4 wins at 3 including the Group 1 NHK Mile Cup and the Group 1 Japan Cup Dirt and also won 2 Grade 3 stakes

As a sire he is over 67% winners from over 70% starters and is the sire of 23 stakes winners.

However, his pedigree does include Deputy Minister on the sire line but his bottom side is free of direct lines that are already in game (no ND, Mr. P, ect.)

Either one of those sound fine. :slight_smile:

From the sires so far, I like:

Candy Ride
Sea the Stars
Ravens Pass
Dubawi
Blame
All American
Ghostzapper
Lucarno
Sixties Icon
Kurofune

I’ve updated the list of names/stats in the first post. It now includes 17 possibilities (though also 2 pairs are exclusive, so that would be 15).

From now on, I suggest that any new suggestions come with arguments for which stallion they would replace on the list, as I don’t want it to get too long (we had weeks of polling last time :wink:).

Not sure if it would make a difference to the game but the RL Starspangaledbanner is back in training due to fertility issues.

Generally the game’s followed the rule that the horse must be standing at stud in order to be at stud in the game. (This would be after we stopped having long-dead, fictional, and/or already gelded horses at stud in the game. :wink:)

I’m fine with taking Starspangledbanner off the potential list (as it’s quite long anyway), and we can add him back on if he ends up back in the breeding shed.

If you’re worried about the outcrosses why not look at something that may shuttle from Australia such as -

Fastnet Rock
Lonhro
Bell Esprit (as he sired Black Caviar)
Sepoy (just retired)

etc

You need to give info not just names so we all can compare them :slight_smile:

Fastnet Rock - by Danehill, by Danzig who we have/had in the game.

Lonhro - we already have his sire in the game standing, and we had his damsire, Mr. Prospector.

Bel Esprit  was mentioned in an earlier post.

Sepoy (just retired) - presuming this is the 2008 Sepoy. Goes back to Mr. Prospector and Danzig, but 4 generations back.

I think I’d cut my prior list down to the following:

Candy Ride
Sea the Stars
Dubawi
Blame
All American
Lucarno
Sixties Icon

Kurofune I mostly liked because he was gray, haha.