Feature: Activating Your Account

So, I probably should have written this up with my last post, but better late than never. :smiley:

In order to activate yourself in the beta, you should follow these steps:
On your stable page, you will have this alert:

If you click the ā€œGo here to try it outā€ link, you will be redirected to a very ugly/bare-bones page. One of a few things will happen:

• If youā€™re already activated, you should be redirected automatically to the beta app, where you may or may not be logged in
  • If you havenā€™t activated, and everything works, you will land on the reset password page, where you can enter your e-mail and get a reset password link sent to you.
  • If you get any of these errors, shoot me a PM so I can investigate:
    • could not find an account to activateā€¦

• something unexpected happenedā€¦

• There was a problem with your activation (code 1), please contact Shanthi for help

• There was a problem with your activation (code 2), please contact Shanthi for help

• If you canā€™t set your password in the beta app for some reason, send me a PM so I can investigate

If you see this message, it means that your accounts are not linked, and while you can log in to the Beta App, you canā€™t do anything else until they are linked. (You should be able to use the link shown in picture 1 to link up your accounts.)

The link to the beta app should be in the game navigation, but Iā€™ve also just tweaked the stable alerts so that itā€™s there as well (if youā€™ve got an active account on there).

I clicked on the link on my stable page and got a blank page that said ā€œcould not find an account to activationā€¦ā€

Did you sort this out? It looks like in the database you are activated.

Iā€™m having a weird thing where I got ā€œpassword successfully updated,ā€ then I try to login and get ā€œlogin invalid.ā€

Having the same log in problem.

Still having the same problem.

Invalid Login or password.

Forgot your password?
Didnā€™t receive confirmation instructions?
Didnā€™t receive unlock instructions?

To say Iā€™m a little irritated, is putting it mildly. Iā€™m at my wits end.

Dee

Honestly, youā€™re not missing anything. :slight_smile: Iā€™m going to sort out logging in (and viewing on smaller devices) before I do any of the sexy stuff.

Iā€™m still getting, ā€œYour account is not activated yet,ā€ after trying to change my password. When I try logging in, I get ā€œInvalid login.ā€

No, I still havenā€™t sorted it out. It doesnā€™t seem to send me an email if I click the confirmation instructions link or forget your password links either.

On a side note, I realized I went straight to login troubleshooting and forgot to say Iā€™m so excited to see you working on a new app. Thank you for all the hard work you do with FF, and I canā€™t wait to see how this turns out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same I keep getting the message Your account is not activated

Is there something Iā€™m not getting right?

Canā€™t log in, so I guess I need a password reset email??

https://prod.finalfurlong.org/forgot-password/new

I did the password reset again via your link and I continue to get invalid login/not activated when I try to log in. The site does tell me my password was successfully changed each time I do the reset.

Are you logging in via username or e-mail?

Iā€™ve tried both. If I use my username I get invalid login, if I use my email I get ā€œyour account is not activated yet.ā€

I still have the same problem Shelbir :upside_down_face:

So a workaround is for me to change the password on someoneā€™s account manually, and then they should be able to log in. If youā€™ve followed the steps above (clicking from main app ā†’ beta app and changing your password) and still canā€™t log in, please PM me and we can do the manual route.

(I think this is because the authentication system assumes youā€™ll be signing up from scratch and everything will work, but because weā€™re hooking up existing data itā€™s getting confused.)

Iā€™m in nowšŸ˜. The update password email had gone to my junk folderā€¦

1 Like

I also was able to reset my password and get in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So in theā€¦year :scream: ā€¦since this was launched, the database accidentally got wiped, which means everyoneā€™s activations are gone. Sorry! Youā€™ll have to re-activate to get back into the beta app.