Clover Springs' Stables 2014 Foals!

Thanks everyone!  :)  We’ve had a couple more foals born since the 9th, and just as drool-worthy:

[color=blue]Lavish Rain
NCh. Bellagio x GCh. Whimsical Whirl (S)
9.0hh dark bay colt
Born: April 26, 2010

1/2 sibling to MSW WCh. All Jazzed Up (at stud), and SW Ch. Merlin.  Just love this guys name  ;D  Whimsical has been bred to What’s Your Point for her 2015 foal.

[color=red]Darker Than Amber
FFCh. High Chances (B) x GCh. Midnight Danger (G)
9.2hh bay filly
Born: May 1, 2010

1/2 sibling to MSW WCh. Oscuro Arco Iris, NCh. Highland Outlaw, and Ch. Navy Seal.  Also to SW Ch. Validancer and Ch. Wild Streak.  Nothing better than Rogue/Laird mixed with Slew blood :wink:  Still deciding where to send Midnight Danger for her foal.

40 foals ([color=blue]20 colts, [color=red]20 fillies, [color=orange]1 deceased), 10 foals left for 2014

Two more colts have arrived at the barn, but one of our prized broodmares is now retired:

[color=blue]Fooled You
WCh. All Jazzed Up x Foolish Question (G)
10.1hh dark bay colt
Born: May 5, 2014

Fooled You is the last foal Foolish Question will have because she was retired this year.  She’ll be missed in the broodmare barn, but now she gets to enjoy retirement :wink:  Fooled You is 1/2 sibling to many MSW’s including: FFCh. Foolhardy (at stud), GCh. Mission Bay, NCh. Crucible, Ch. I’m Outrageous, and NCh. Bellagio.

[color=blue]Minor Thing
WCh. What’s Debatable (S) x Never High Enough (S)
9.2hh bay colt
Born: May 5, 2014

1/2 sibling to MSW GCh. Redemption and SW Ch. Never Worthy.  I really love the Rogue/Worth crosses still, and hopefully this boy will do well on the track.  Never High Enough will be visiting Steal Your Heart for her 2015 foal.

42 foals ([color=blue]22 colts, [color=red]20 fillies, [color=orange]1 deceased), 8 foals left for 2014

Nice choice for Foolish Questions last foal.  She really was a great broodmare and now a wonderful pasture mate. :slight_smile:  She has definitely left a stamp on FF history. We wish her a wonderful retirement.

Thanks Holly :slight_smile:  A lot of great mares have been retiring this year sadly :frowning:

Two more foals have also arrived at our barn, and we have six to go for the year:

[color=red]Smile As I Go By
WCh. Strider x Speeding Bullet (S)
9.2hh black filly
Born: May 10, 2014

I really love this filly’s name and thought it was appropriate based on her sire and dam :wink:  1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. Gunshot and Ch. Ready Set Go.  Speeding Bullet has visited Call To War for her 2015 foal.

[color=red]Devil’s Jewel
ICh. Devil His Due x Kentucky Gold (B)
9.1hh black filly
Born: May 11, 2014

I now have a filly and colt from Devil His Due’s first foal crop this year :wink:  Kentucky Gold has visited Candidate for her 2015 foal.

44 foals ([color=blue]22 colts, [color=red]22 fillies, [color=orange]1 deceased), 6 foals left for 2014

Smile As I Go By is a super cute name!

We lost a filly by NCh. Bellagio out of Rhapsody In Black :frowning:  but considering her only being the second foal we lost this year out of fifty, that is not a bad average.  Rhapsody is visiting Strider for her 2015 foal.

We do however have three new fillies to talk about:

[color=red]Angel Investor
Holy Bull x Venture Capitalist (S)
10.0hh liver chestnut filly
Born: June 5, 2014

I had a very hard time deciding on this filly’s name until I came upon Angel Investor which just fits her :wink:  1/2 sibling to SP Ch. Secret Venture.  Venture Capitalist visited Crystal Rainbow for her 2015 foal.

[color=red]Ivory Goddess
NCh. Bellagio x WCh. Highland Grace (B)
8.3hh grey filly
Born: June 8, 2014

Grace holds a close place to my heart, and now I cannot wait every year until her June foal is born!  :slight_smile:  She hasn’t thrown any stakes placers or winners yet, but soon I’m sure.  She has visited What’s Your Point for her 2015 foal.

[color=red]Hearts and Clouds
FFCh. High Chances (B) x Ch. Heartstring
8.2hh black filly
Born: June 9, 2014

This filly is Heartstring’s second foal, and I just adore the Heart’s Blood bloodlines  ;D  Lots of winners in High Chances first crop of foals to hit the track this year, but no stakes winners yet but I’m sure that won’t take long to crack.  Heartstring will be visiting Starz ‘n’ Stripes for her 2015 foal.

47 foals ([color=blue]22 colts, [color=red]25 fillies, [color=orange]2 deceased), 2 foals left for 2014

So sorry to hear about your loss.  Nonetheless, I’m glad that you haven’t lost too many. 

Congrats on the HC filly!  Love the name and the lines.  If there are no HC progency winning stakes this year, I have no doubt they will next year. Army Laird 2.0 marches on.  :wink:

Our second to last foal for the year arrived in June, and just waiting on our last foal later this month:

[color=blue]Indigo Rain
WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x Ch. Olympic Colors (S)
10.1hh bay colt
Born:  June 20, 2014

I’m very excited with the bloodlines for this colt (A Diamond Jewel, Nation’s Pride, Rainbow Quest, What’s It Worth) and his potential.  ;D  Olympic Colors is visiting Rahy for her 2015 foal.

48 foals (23 colts, 25 fillies, 2 deceased), 1 foal left for 2014