Clover Springs' Stables 2014 Foals!

So sorry for your loss.  It always sucks to lose a foal where the sire has retired. 

WORD. I’m so sorry for the ND filly. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for her SC foal next year (and a ND son?..:slight_smile: )
On an aside, I’m SO excited for Magic Feather and Askasha…:slight_smile:

-K

P.S. I consider the LFG transferable to either Magic or Gotta Go if you’ve got a mare interested this year, Lindsey.  Lemme know.

The fillies are still ruling the barn here at Clover Springs:

[color=blue]Slew’s Bandit
WCh. Highland Bandit (S) x Evanescence
9.2hh bay colt
Born: February 15, 2014

The Slew comes from Evanescence’s sire (Seattle Slew) and Bandit from the sire obviously :wink:  This is Evanescence’s first foal and she has visited Foolhardy for her 2015 foal.

[color=red]Heavenside Halo
WCh. Nightfight x ICh. What’s Your Dream
9.0hh light bay filly
Born: February 16, 2014

I’m drooling over this pairing to see just how good this filly will be!  Another odd note is all of What’s Your Dream’s foals have been fillies thus far, so we’ll see if she will have a colt for 2015 :wink:

[color=red]Crystal Honey
WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x NCh. Crucible
9.1hh bay filly
Born: February 18, 2014

I was inspired by listening to a particular Lady Gaga song (Money Honey), but that name was already taken so I modified it a bit to better suit her sire.  Crucible’s first foal will hit the track in April :slight_smile:

24 foals ([color=blue]8 colts, [color=red]15 fillies, [color=orange]1 deceased), 27 foals left for 2014

Holy moly I love the name you came up for Heavenside Halo.  Bringing it back from the dark side. :wink:

Like the name Crystal Honey, it’s cute!  :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!  We added yet another filly today :wink:

[color=red]Saffron Sky
NCh. Seattle Sorcerer (B) x Betting Girl (B)
10.0hh bay filly
Born: February 22, 2014

I was debating her name and of course going through the usual “Wager” and “Betting” lists, but I think this name suits her best :slight_smile:  Betting Girl will be seeing Highland Magic for her 2015 foal.

25 foals ([color=blue]8 colts, [color=red]16 fillies, [color=orange]1 deceased), 26 foals left for 2014

Oh I love her name!

Thanks :slight_smile:  We FINALLY had another colt born at the stable yesterday…

[color=blue]Cypress Blackcomb
NCh. Gimme A Shot (S) x Vancouver Mist
8.2hh balck colt
Born: February 23, 2014

I was debating between Whistler Blackcomb and Cypress Blackcomb due to the Olympics, but I decided combining the two venues in his name is what I would rather do :wink:  He is the first foal out of Vancouver Mist, and she will be visiting Highland Laird for her 2015 foal.

26 foals ([color=blue]9 colts, [color=red]16 fillies, [color=orange]1 deceased), 25 foals left for 2014

Love the name! :wink:

A few more foals have arrived at CS this week including some colts :wink:

[color=blue]Vampire Bill
GCh. Highland Laird (S) x Ch. Sweet Dreams (G)
9.1hh light bay colt
Born: March 3, 2014

I’m impatiently waiting for May for the release of the new True Blood book / season 2 on Blu-ray… and this can be blamed for his name :wink:  He is a 1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. Fragrant & ICh. What’s Your Dream, and SW Gimme Gimme Gimme, Ch. Dreamweaver, and Ch. Willy Wonka.  I’m still deciding which stallion she should see for her 2015 foal.

[color=blue]Satellite Heart
NCh. Bellagio x AffairsOfTheHeart
8.3hh black colt
Born: March 4, 2014

First foal from AffairsOfTheHeart and I’m glad to see its a colt as well :wink:  I haven’t decided whom she should visit for her next foal yet either.

[color=red]Dreaming of Spring
WCh. Nightfight x GCh. Rhiannon
9.3hh bay filly
Born: March 6, 2014

It’s FINALLY starting to get nice here in Alberta (Vancouver’s warm weather came our way) with it being 11 degrees Celsius today (52 Fahrenheit) and I hope it’s here to stay!  This is the inspiration for this filly’s name as well  ;D  Rhiannon will be visiting Ring of Fire for her 2015 foal.

The Tally: 28 foals ([color=blue]11 colts, [color=red]17 fillies, [color=orange]1 deceased), 22 foals left for 2014

Another handsome colt arrived in our barn this morning:

[color=blue]Devilish Appeal
ICh. Devil His Due x Ch. Highland Echo (S)
9.1hh black colt
Born: March 7, 2014

His name just popped in my head and stuck there  :stuck_out_tongue: 1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. Dancer’s Echo, and SW Ch. Danzig’s Echo, Echo In Time, and Ch. Take Note.

The Tally: 29 foals([color=blue]12 colts , [color=red]17 fillies, [color=orange]1 deceased), 21 foals left for 2014

Yay! Yeah what a wonderful name. :slight_smile:  Dreaming of Spring and Devilish Appeal look soooo lovely!! 

It’s been just about a month since I last posted new arrivals, and we have a few new colts and fillies to post about :slight_smile:

[color=red]Violet Hour
WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S) x Heartsong (G) Reine-de-Course (I/C)
9.3hh chestnut filly
Born: March 8, 2014

1/2 sibling to MSW ICh. Highland Song and GCh. Rainbow Connection, and SW Ch. Sing To Me, Ch. Hard on the Heart, and Goldberry.  Heartsong is in foal by What’s Debatable for 2015.

[color=red]Secsy Star
Rock of Gibraltar x Vaudeville (S)
9.3hh grey filly
Born: March 11, 2014

1/2 sibling to MSW Ch. Catch Phrase and SW Showoff.  She is from Rock of Gibraltar’s very first crop of foals, and I couldn’t resist an experiment :wink:  Vaudeville was bred to Take Me Away for her 2015 foal.

[color=blue]Sharp Style
GCh. Worth My While (G) x Secret Admirer (B)
9hh chestnut colt
Born: April 1, 2014

1/2 sibling to SP Ballroom Dancer.  I can’t wait to see more of Worth My While’s foals on the track :slight_smile:  Secret Admirer will be bred to Strider for her 2015 foal.

[color=blue]Divination
NCh. Void (B) x Dream Maker (B)
9.2hh bay colt
Born: April 2, 2014

1/2 sibling to SP Minor Infraction and several winners.  I was having a difficult time thinking up a name for this colt and then picked up a Harry Potter book this weekend and the choice was made much easier :wink:  Dream Maker will be visiting Chivalry for her 2015 foal.

The Tally: 33 foals([color=blue]14 colts , [color=red]19 fillies, 1 deceased), 17 foals left for 2014

Hehe.
Love Secsy.  :slight_smile:
Very creative name.

those are all really big babys glad everyone is doing okay and yea really like secsy lol

Megan

I’m glad everyone likes her name :slight_smile:  We’ve had an influx of colts this week, so now our filly-colt ratio is even.  Funny how it always seems to work out  ;)

[color=blue]Mr. Magician
NCh. Highland Wizard (S) x Swan’s Dream (S)
9.1hh bay colt
Born: April 6, 2014

I am a huge fan of Highland Wizard foals and this particular pairing with gold-ranked Swan’s Dream makes him even more special to me.  He was also Swan’s last foal as she was retired this year to enjoy her remaining days in the pasture after foaling a slew of winners including: MSW WCh. Highland Grace, MSW GCh. In Watercolor, MSW Ch. Love Triangle, SW Ch. Swanlake, and SW Ch. Detour.

[color=blue]Jazzy Legz
WCh. Strider x Dr. Sweetie
9.1hh strawberry roan colt

With Dr. Sweetie’s sire being Jazz It Up, I couldn’t resist this guy’s name  ;D  He is Sweetie’s first foal, and I haven’t decided quite yet who I want to bred her to for a 2015 foal.

[color=blue]Prince of Storms
WCh. All Jazzed Up x GCh. Ladylove (G)
8.3hh brown colt

1/2 sibling to MSW NCh. Fingerprints and GCh. While It Lasts.  I love the look of this colt!  Ladylove is in foal to Long Live The King for her 2015 foal.

[color=blue]Scotch Thistle
GCh. Highland Laird (S) x NCh. Nation’s Colors (S)
8.3hh chestnut colt
Born: April 7, 2014

Another new edition to the Laird army :wink:  This colt is 1/2 sibling to SW Ch. Olympic Colors, Ch. Full of Glory and Ch. Color of Magic along with many winners.  A nice Rogue / Rainbow Quest cross which I hope will do nicely on the track.

[color=blue]Gimme N’ Eclipse
NCh. Gimme A Shot (S) x Ch. New Moon
8.3hh bay colt
Born: April 7, 2014

Last but not least is a third colt out of New Moon (I just had to fit in a Twilight reference somewhere in his name :wink: ).  I’m not sure who New Moon will be visiting at this point for her next foal.

38 foals([color=blue]19 colts, [color=blue]19 fillies,[color=orange]1 deceased), 12 foals left for 2014

Talk about a handsome bunch! Cute names. :slight_smile:

Congrats on all your healthy boys! Also I love the name Divination, very clever :slight_smile:

Oh, yes. Agreed. :slight_smile:  Hey if you ever get the desire to send Prince Of Storms down the road we’ll be happy to free up some stall space for him. :wink:

I love the name Prince of Storms. :slight_smile: