Clicker Lab 2025 Foals

Happy New Year everyone!
Three babies arrived here today.

AWWWWW
NCh. Hogsmeade (B) x Cat Surfer (P) - Created
10.1h dark grey filly.

1/2 sister to NCh. Sneaky Surfer, Love Attraction. Isn’t she lovely with this dark grey coat and all the socks?! Her dam is platinum ranked. We’ll have to wait another year until we can race her first foal at Clicker Lab. We want to breed Cat Surfer to NCh. Sunday Paper.

ARTISAN
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Crownette (S) - Giant’s Causeway (S)
8.2h dark bay colt

Full brother to Ch. Aufeinander (2022), 1/2 brother to Ch. A Room Of Her Own. His brother was 9.1h at birth. Otherwise they look almost the same! Crownette’s next date would be NCh. Von Lichtenstein.

AMANDA
City of Light x Ch. Ophelia (S) - Class Act (S)
9.3h dark bay filly

1/2 sister to Ch. Grape Frank. Ophelia will visit NCh. Palermo.

1 Colt | 2 Fillies

1 Like

Weird day today, in the Final Furlong world! But a filly eventually arrived.

BINGE IT
Gun Runner x Ch. Puede Que Haya - Monarchos
9.2h dark bay filly

This filly is out of my homebred mare which I raced myself, although she was also leased by Starfish Stables at some point. Puede Que Haya’s first foal will start racing this year. Binge It has many great real life stallions in her pedigree: Gun Runner, Candy Ride, Monarchos, Giant’s Causeway, and Alydar. Puede Que Haya will be bred to NCh. Space Chips.

1 Colt | 3 Fillies

3 Likes

Lovely foals!

1 Like

Another almost born filly, but I hope she’s well for real.

COASTAL ELITE
NCh. Worthy Victor (G) x NCh. Enyo (S) - WCh. Nightfight (S)
9.3h black filly

1/2 sister to GCh. Wiry Feeling who just needs 3 points to NCh. title, and to multiple 2yo winner Danke Schön by Al Mundhir. I think this one was due last year so I’m glad that she waited. It’s definitely one of the best damlines at Clicker Lab. I somehow forgot to find a next stud for Enyo; maybe I’ll wait for a new real life sire? I think Into Mischief would be a good match.

1 Colt | 3 Fillies

2 Likes

Lovely filly

1 Like

Gorgeous filly!

1 Like

Busy day in the foaling barn today.

DESIREE DUPREE
NCh. Ancient Magic x Ch. Glamorous Fog - WCh. Strike It Rich (B)
10.2h black filly

Bred mostly for turf at a classic distance. Named after one of the American Horror Story characters. Second foal for dam, and Glamorous Fog will be bred to FFCh. I’m No Fool.

DO’S AND DONT’S
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Mauiluv (B) - Black Gold (B)
8.2h black colt

I’m not sure where apostrophes should be in this name… anyway, this boy is bred for dirt and turf at a longer distance. Mauiluv will be retired.

DOWN WITH LOVE
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Tipping the Velvet - Deep Impact
9.1h black colt

His dam is also bred by Clicker Lab and it’s her second foal. Tipping the Velvet will be bred to American Pharoah if he stays after we vote.

DOING BUSINESS
NCh. Space Chips x NCh. Winter Queen - FFCh. Foolhardy (S)
9.1h dark bay filly

Full sister to Balanga (2023). Balanga was 8.2h on her birthday and still has a lot to grow before she reaches her expected height. Winter Queen will be bred to Frosted if he stays around.

3 Colts | 6 Fillies

1 Like

Love the name Do’s and Dont’s!

1 Like

EISENIA
NCh. Daredevil Dan (S) x Ch. Opulent (G) - Ch. Irish River (S)
9.0h bay filly

3/4 sister to Ch. Foolbetty, 1/2 sister to Ch. Ultimate Craving, Dóighiúil and Ch. Hans. Eisenia is a type of earthworm, my favourite animal in the garden. I also tried to raise them in pots, and yesterday I learned about “bioactive vivariums” - small ecosystems within a terrarium, where earthworms can belong to the “cleanup crew”. I would love to make one! Recently I was mostly focused on growing edible plants. Sadly I can’t have any critters in the garden, except cats and dogs which aren’t very useful.
Opulent will be bred to NCh. Space Chips.

3 Colts | 7 Fillies

2 Likes

Another lovely filly today.

FLORA
Frankel (S) x Ch. Rally The Troops - War Chant (S)
9.2h dark bay filly

We have her older half brother, born just a day earlier last year. Ch. Rally The Troops is for sale at $25,000. Won Newcastle Gold Cup with a speed record, mult. stakes placed.

3 Colts | 8 Fillies

1 Like

GHIANDAIA
Golden Horn x Ch. Portofino (S) - WCh. Strider (S)
8.3h blue roan filly

Half sister to Ch. Béthune, a multi-millionaire winner of Grade 1 Belmont Stakes, Prince of Wales Stakes and Travers Stakes. He is by GCh. Edinburgh and I wanted to breed Portofino to Edinburgh again, but sadly he’s retired…
Ghiandaia (Eurasian jay) is a bird that lives in the area of Italian Riviera.

3 Colts | 9 Fillies

Just realized that I have TWO mares due last year, and they’re still in foal! Ch. Filipendulous and Ch. Satin on Steel are taking their time…

1 Like

Ok one mare decided to drop her foal. She was almost a month overdue!

HERD IMMUNITY
FFCh. I’m No Fool (S) x Ch. Satin on Steel - Ch. Magic Cross (S)
9.2h bay filly

First foal for dam. Her own dam had only two foals. I was planning to breed Satin on Steel to American Pharoah, so we’ll wait a while.
How are the vaccinations going where you live? I still have to sign up somewhere to join the queue… but it’s a long wait for me anyway, probably. I have a friend who is a doctor and she had covid in October, and she also got vaccinated this January.

3 Colts | 10 Fillies

1 Like

Nice looking filly.

Florida’s Governor mandated that after first responders, the next priority group to get the vaccine were the 65+ age group. I was lucky enough to get an appointment 3 weeks ago and had the first dose then. It went well and I’m happy to report no side-effects. I go back on Feb 2nd fir the 2nd dose.

2 Likes

Pretty good here in the UK, locally we started on the 16th December and I was lucky enough to have my first dose on the 1st Jan (pharmacist). The guidance here now recommends that the second dose is given 12 weeks after the first so I won’t get part 2 until late March. I’ve done a couple of shifts reconstituting the Pfizer vaccine and the appointment system seems to be working well.

I had a tender arm for about 24 hours but otherwise ok post vaccine.

2 Likes

Interesting that you have to wait 12 weeks. I had the Moderna vaccine and you’re supposed to go back 4 weeks later. The Pfizer vaccine I believe is 3 weeks.

Yes, that’s the manufacturer(s) guidance but the UK government have taken the decision to delay all second doses (rightly or wrongly) to ensure as many people as possible get dose 1 ASAP. Who knows if that’s a good strategy :roll_eyes:

It’s a SLOW roll out here in the States, especially since I believe the country only initially purchased 20 million dosages (which is half the population of all of California, for reference). Currently Colorado is in “Phase 1,” in which front line workers and those over 70 are eligible for the first dosage. I don’t know exact numbers since that information hasn’t been readily available (or kept up to date), but I think I saw somewhere as of a week ago about 500,000 people in Colorado have had the first dosage and 80,000 have received a second dosage.

I’m in group 5 in the UK, I have friends who have had their first doses already and a friend who is over 80 had both. I was expecting to be about mid march but as Boris has decided that as Yorkshire ( where I live) is well up to date, our vaccines should be shared with London who are behind hand. Wouldn’t happen the other way round :frowning_face: but at least they’ve done better than with test and trace!

2 Likes

Cute filly!

My husband and mother-in-law got both doses already as first-responders, but I’m not eligible. Not really sure where Louisiana is with vaccinations for non-first responders.

We move had a few instances here (Herefordshire) where vaccine was due to be delivered, only to be told the day before it had been rerouted elsewhere :slightly_frowning_face:. I have to say I wouldn’t want to be in charge of organising it all though.