Clicker Lab 2023 Foals

Finally! This year my foals will be named in… Polish, which is my mother tongue. Three babies arrived today.

[color=blue]ANTONI
NCh. Too Stressful x Ch. A Mighty Heart - WCh. As You Wish (B)
9.1h bay colt

Antoni was the most popular Polish given name for a boy last year. This colt is 3x4 inbred to Secretariat. Both parents were stakes level steeplechasers. Dam was leased and goes back to Marshall Creek Ranch.

[color=red]AWANTURA
ICh. Starling x NCh. Enyo (S) - WCh. Nightfight (S)
8.3h brown filly

1/2 sister to [color=red]Ch. Wiry Feeling. Awantura means harangue. The filly should be a dirt monster like her dam and big sister. Enyo will be bred to FFCh. I’m No Fool next.

[color=blue]ADORATOR
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Lointaine - Octagonal
9.1h bay colt

Adorator means admirer, wooer. Both parents were stakes level on dirt and turf. Lointaine will be bred to NCh. Al Mundhir.

2 Colts | 1 Filly

Lovely foals.

It’s a filly!

[color=red]BALANGA
NCh. Space Chips x NCh. Winter Queen - FFCh. Foolhardy (S)
8.2h bay filly

I raced both parents of this filly, and Winter Queen was one of my best racehorses. This is her second foal and another filly. Balanga means party (a wild one, rather).

2 Colts | 2 Fillies

And another filly!

[color=red]CENNA
FFCh. Black Cherry (B) x Ch. Razamatazz - ICh. V is for Victory
9.1h blood bay filly

Cenna means valuable. Razamatazz will be bred to WCh. Brigade.

2 Colts | 3 Fillies

Lovely filly.

Lovely filly.

Thanks! She’s really pretty, I love blood bays. And flea-bitten greys, like this colt:

[color=blue]DROBIAZG
NCh. In The Navy (S) x Ch. Crownette (S) - Giant’s Causeway (S)
8.3h flea-bitten grey colt

1/2 brother to [color=red] A Room Of Her Own, a filly that recently won a grade 2 stakes for us. Drobiazg means trifle, nothing, detail. Crownette will be bred to Al Mundhir. Drobiazg is 2x3 inbred to Man O’War.

3 Colts | 3 Fillies

Two colts today!

[color=blue]EREMITA
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Ophelia (S) - Class Act (S)
9.2h dark bay colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue]Ch. Grape Frank. Eremita means hermit - a person who lives in seclusion. We’re planning to breed Ophelia to FFCh. Black Cherry.

[color=blue]ELEKTORAT
GCh. Simply Heroic (B) x Ch. Puede Que Haya - Monarchos
8.3h bay colt

Elektorat means voters. He’s the first foal from dam, and she’s also bred by Clicker Lab (time flies!). He’s 3x3 inbred to Alydar. Puede Que Haya will be bred to Space Chips.

5 Colts | 3 Fillies

nice foals!

[color=red]FILIPINKA[/color]
NCh. Crafty Magic x La Bella Durmiente - Rock of Gibraltar
9.3h chestnut filly

Many horses in this family have steeplechase speed records, and I think granddam was a S/P Reine… or I’m imagining things. Anyway, “Filipinka” is the title of a magazine for girls, that was issued from 1957 to 2006 in Poland.
La Bella Durmiente has been retired.

5 Colts | 4 Fillies

[color=red]GRAFIKA[/color]
NCh. Von Lichtenstein (S) x Ch. A Sweet Melody - Octagonal
8.3h grey filly

Name means graphic (print, or printmaking; traditional printmakers tend to make only black and white artworks, so good name for a grey filly!). A Sweet Melody will be bred to Space Chips. Both my stallions don’t need approval to breed from now on (I cancelled someone’s request to Space Chips, by mistake… sorry; his Feb 2 is now open).

5 Colts | 5 Fillies

[color=red]HIACYNTA[/color]
FFCh. Black Cherry (S) x Ch. Portofino - WCh. Strider (S)
9.2h chestnut filly

She is 4x3 inbred to Highland Rogue, and should be a turf stayer. Hiacynta is a female name of Greek origin (after hyacinth) and when I had pedigree rats, one of them was supposed to be bred to a female named Hiacynta. However, he wasn’t a gentleman to her so there weren’t any rat babies; Hiacynta turned out to be a feminist rat and she aborted the pregnancy. That’s how my rat’s career ended, because after that no other breeder wanted to use him.
Portofino will be bred to ICh. Starling. Her first foal is a 2yo and he’ll start training soon.

5 Colts | 6 Fillies

Lovely filly.

[color=red]INNA[/color]
Golden Horn x GCh. Embellished (B) - GCh. Harvard Bound (B)
8.2h chestnut filly

“Inna” means “different”. Embellished was meant to be bred to NCh. Dark Demand, but since he is retired, we decided to breed her to Frosted.

5 Colts | 7 Fillies

1 Like

Sad day today. A foal out of our new mare, Blue Rabbit, has died.

Stillborn colt
Deep Impact (B) x Ch. Blue Rabbit (B) - Created
Bred by Final Furlong

1/2 brother to [color=red] Just A Girl[/color]

5 Colts | 7 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

When I bought Blue Rabbit at the 2022 Annual Select Auction, I wrote:

" This year the most expensive (although not very pricey, comparing to others) was [color=red]Ch. Blue Rabbit[/color] (created). She is also the horse number 10000 in the game! She is currently silver ranked, her oldest foal is stakes placed. In foal to Deep Impact, which I like and I wanted to strengthen his line at Clicker Lab. I’ll probably breed her to one of my stallions.
Price: $100,500."

Blue Rabbit will visit Al Mundhir.

Sorry about your stillborn. :disappointed_relieved:

Sorry for your loss

I renamed the first colt to Artemor:

Artemor 2023 NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Lointaine

after a famous Polish showjumping angloarabian horse. Here he is winning the gold medal at the 1980 Olympics in Moscow:

My weanling’s parents were both allowance level steeplechasers, so who knows, maybe he’ll have a talent for jumps too.

Two pretty foals today.

[color=blue]JANOSIK[/color]
WCh. Strike It Rich (S) x Ch. Opulent (G) - Ch. Irish River (S)
9.2h chestnut colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue]Ch. Ultimate Craving[/color], [color=red]Ch. Foolbetty[/color]. Named after Juraj Jánošík, a famous Slovak highwayman. Jánošík has been the main character of many Slovak novels, poems and films. According to the legend, he robbed nobles and gave the loot to the poor, a deed often attributed to the famous Robin Hood. The legend is also known in neighbouring Poland and the Czech Republic. Agnieszka Holland, a famous Polish film director, made a movie about him in 2009, together with her daughter.
Opulent will be bred to Al Mundhir.

[color=red]JAGODA[/color]
ICh. Starling x GCh. Wonder Woman - NCh. Black Warrior
8.2h black filly

Jagoda means berry, or blueberry. It’s also a popular given name in Poland. Jagoda is the forst foal of her dam. Both parents were Grade 1 stakes level on turf. Wonder Woman will be bred to Frankel.

6 Colts | 8 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

Congrats on the lovely Strike It Rich colt. Love the name and story behind it.