Candy Swap

I was wondering if anyone wanted to do a candy swap. Another forum I visit does this and if enough people wanted to do it it would be pretty fun.

Basically you sign up and everyone gets a partner, hopefully everyone could be paired with someone from a different country, or at least a different part of the country (i.e. East/West coast). Then partners buy candy and goodies that are more local, make a little package, and ship em off.  :smiley:

So if anyones interested lemme know!

(Hopefully this is ok Shanthi)

I think that would be fun.
Maybe also include some info about your city, like pics or just general info. 
We have a local candy shop that has supplied candy for the Oscars and Emmy’s packages for the star.  Their toffee is awesome!!!

KayLeigh and I would like to join up.  We are on the West Coast and would like someone from another country or even the East Coast.

wow that sounds like a neat idea! I would love to sign up and do that! I’m from the east coast and would love to know more about other places.  ;D

Sounds like a neat idea! I’m from Ontario :slight_smile:

Ok yay!

So so far we have

Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds - US, West Coast
Brenda - US, West Coast
Kayleigh - US, West Coast
Sunstar - US, East Coast
Maviko- Canada, Ontario

I’m not sure how many non-US players we have but hopefully some more will sign up!

i am living in florida, but am getting ready to go to germany, but we have a world market here i could get either southern stuff or german stuff, also lived in england, and turkey, and am orig from maine oh and also lived in cali , lol, so we are pretty well traveled, (plus stops in paris, italy,spain all over . I actually have done this with people ive met online, one woman from england wanted cheetos, and i wanted cadbury white chocolate, so we traded.) Just shipping that far sometimes costs more than its worth, unless its a small amount. Let me know what part of the world you want , lol. I will be here at least until Oct, then off to Germany!!

Carole aka Grace of Iron Spur Stables member of the Afterburners!!

you can pm me, or use yahoo, msn or email.

Well I’d like to do it before October so I’ll put you down for Florida  :wink:

Brenda - US, West Coast
Sunstar - US, East Coast
Maviko - Canada, Ontario
Grace - US, Florida

Sure, I’ll bite.  =)

Cat/Cricket Hill is East Coast all the way.

Brenda - US, West Coast
Sunstar - US, East Coast
Maviko - Canada, Ontario
Grace - US, Florida
Cat - US, East Coast

I would but i’m broke lol no job  :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL Sounds like lots of fun… I’m in Texas for school… that would be considered the south west… sign me up…

If people want to do this, that’s totally fine, but I would recommend setting a spending limit as well.  Say, $10, or $20.  That may or may not include shipping, too, since shipping overseas can get pricey.

Also, I know there’s a site called Elfster, and there may be other non-Santa ones, that help arrange online gift exchange.  It’s all hidden, so you only see the mailing info for your giftee, not everyone.  Likewise, only your gifter gets your info.  Not that you can’t do it on the forum, but that’s much less secure. :wink:

For a max. I would say $20 + shipping but let me know what you guys think and I’ll take a majority vote. And for exchanging of addresses I was just thinking we’d do it through PM.  :slight_smile:

Brenda - US, West Coast
Sunstar - US, East Coast
Maviko - Canada, Ontario
Grace - US, Florida
Cat - US, East Coast
Dawn - US, Texas

I’m ok with $20… I couldn’t do more than that…

$20 is fine with KayLeigh and I. 

that would be my max prob with shipping due to the expenses of getting ready to move.and as far as addresses exchanged we could do that thru pms , the originator could assign and draw numbers, and the matched up people would do the exchanging. could even go as far as the lets say Leader , lol, to have all the addresses and only that person can hand them out, theres a few safe ways to do it. :slight_smile:

Ok so then $20 + shipping sounds good. And that’s the max so you obviously don’t have to spend that much.

I think I’ll keep this open until next Friday and then I’ll match up partners.  :slight_smile:

cool beans. lol

I’m kinda on the fence.

I’ve done… candy bags for like volleyball… Can someone throw ideas at me as to what would be included in these? I’m most worried about saying “count me in” and then totally breaking down 'cuz I’m clueless as to where to start, what to put in, etc. Plus, I’ve gotta run it by the 'rents, money wise.

Really it can be anything from candy that’s more local to your area, chips, cookies, candied fruits/nuts or any fun food item that the other person may not have where they live. You can always look around the next time your in your supermarket/drugstore/candy store and see if there’s fun stuff. It’s just meant to be fun not stressful  :stuck_out_tongue: