Candy Swap

Hehe, I know. But I’m from Boston (ish) and I guess I look around and go, “What’s different here than somewhere else?” Especially in my town… I mean, we don’t have specialty shops or anything… exciting, in my opinion.

I’m getting super excited about this. I was at the store today and I found myself looking at candy saying “ooo someone might like these., or this would be neat to send” lol so I def. can’t wait! ;D

Well, hopefully we’ll get a few non-US players to sign up and it’ll be easier.

I’ll sign up as well for another Canadian :wink: It’s not like we have too many different types of candy here, but I’ll see what unique Canuck things I can find :wink:

Lindsay

We might want to be careful sending anything w/ chocolate, as temps are still pretty warm and it melts.  just keep it mind for those who are in warmer climates or sending to warmer climates.

along w/ candy or ‘treats’ we should also include a ‘flier’ or brochure about your area.  Nearly everyone should have some kind of tourist info about their town or region.  You might include a pic of you and your horse or you and your animals.

I think this will be fun and can’t wait.

as for addresses, post our list of who is paired w/ who. then we can PM them ourselves to exchange addresses.

we can have everyone post here what they got and from where/who.  Spread the knowledge a little

AS FOR BOSTON YOU HAVE BOSTON BAKED BEANS!!! (the candy kind) there are lots of east coast things. if i were in Maine id have blueberry stuff, apple stuff, maple sugar candy, etc.

Like here for example where i am in Fl its considered one of the spring break capitals of the world, i can even send a little jar of sand with small shells and even teeny tiny sand dollars in it. postcards, etc. anything you can imagine someone might like if they were tourists, or from there orig and miss. :slight_smile:

well technically if you want non U.S. things you can pick a country i have lived in and i must have postcards and small things i could come up with to send. lol

Some great ideas! And I’ve updated the list.

Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds - US, West Coast
Brenda - US, West Coast
Kayleigh - US, West Coast
Sunstar - US, East Coast
Maviko - Canada, Ontario
Grace - US, Florida
Cat - US, East Coast
Dawn - US, Texas
Lindsay - Canada

Count me in

Perth, Western Australia

Well, I live in a shell then 'cuz I’ve never heard of those, rofl.

I haven’t had a chance to talk to the 'rents :frowning:, but I’m still prodding around town for ideas =)

Lol, you should try some Bam, their delicious!

Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds - US, West Coast
Brenda - US, West Coast
Kayleigh - US, West Coast
Sunstar - US, East Coast
Maviko - Canada, Ontario
Grace - US, Florida
Cat - US, East Coast
Dawn - US, Texas
Lindsay - Canada
Spudly - Perth, Western Australia

ooooooo id love something from AUS one place i haven’t been i still want to get to.
I can not believe you don’t know what Boston baked beans are!! lol, they are red candy covered peanuts, and very yummy!!! I got a little actual bean pot of them at the Boston Airport on one of my trips through, its really cute i still have it as a change jar. lol

They sound delicious (and familiar) so I probably know and have no idea lol. Wow, I really do live in a nutshell -hides-

hahahhahaha

Yes Bam, that would be a “Boston Baked Bean” nutshell  :-*

Ok, I just went ahead and paired everyone up since we have an even amount of people. Everyone can post about what they like/dislike and you can exchange shipping info over private message. I was thinking try to get your packages shipped within the next 3 weeks if you can  :smiley: Yay!

Edited to add stable names

Sunstar Stables - US, East Coast - Kayleigh: Candi Cane Racing - US, West Coast

Maviko: Day Break Stables - Canada, Ontario - Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds - US, West Coast

Cat: Cricket Hill - US, East Coast - Dawn: Battle Hill Stable - US, Texas

Lindsay: Clover Springs Stable - Canada - Brenda: Triple M Racing - US, West Coast

Spudly: Lochiedo Stables - Perth, Western Australia - Grace: Iron Spur Stables - US, Florida

Awesome!! If my partner could msg me please. (I dont know what barn you are)lol. Im so excited!!

Maybe we should have stable names posted too.

Mine is Candi Cane Racing and
Brenda’s is Triple M Racing

Mine is Battle Hill Stable

i pm’d mine no answer yet

Is this something we are only going to do once or could we make this a monthly thing so we can get a chance to pair with everyone. Im very interested in all the other places as well.