Breeder's Cup 2015

Breeder’s Cup Day is 6 weeks away and I’m sure that many of us have started planning our horses races and training with that in mind. I know that I am.

Starfish Stables has had a good record in these races over the past two years (3 wins out of 4 runners in 2013 & 2 wins, 4 seconds, 1 third and 1 fourth out of 8 runners last year) and hope to maintain that this year.

As such, our plans for this year are as follows (baring injuries or other misfortunes):-
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile:- [color=blue]Casting Couch (ranked 11th) is qualified and will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf:- [color=blue]Worthy Victor (5th) and [color=red]Dark Topaz (13th) are both qualified and one of them will definitely run (most likely [color=blue]Worthy Victor).
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies:- [color=red]Dark Topaz (8th) is qualified and will most likely run.
Breeders’ Cup Mile:- [color=red]Decisive Endevor (6th) and [color=blue]Defense Secretary (20th) are both qualified and at least one of them will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf:- [color=red]Decisive Endevor (5th) and [color=red]Exquisite (14th) are both qualified and at least one of them will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Turf:- [color=red]Decisive Endevor (12th) is qualified and we may supplement [color=blue]Lucky Streak based on how well he runs on Oct 8. One or other of them will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint:- [color=red]Decisive Endevor (11th) is qualified and we may supplement [color=red]Big Dawn for this race or the Filly & Mare Turf, depending on how [color=blue]Lucky Streak runs on Oct 8. One or other of them will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup SC Sprint and Breeders’ Cup SC Endurance:- [color=blue]Grandview is qualified for both races (16th-Sprint and 7th-Endurance) and will definitely run in one of them.
Breeders’ Cup SC Classic:- [color=blue]AndLikeThatHesGone will probably be supplemented for this.
Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff and Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff Endurance:- [color=red]Last Nights Jitter will definitely be supplemented for one of them.

[color=red]Decisive Endevor is qualified for four of the above races and a decision will be taken closer to the time as to which one she will run in, based on how [color=blue]Lucky Streak performs on Oct 8 and whether [color=blue]Defense Secretary remains in the top 20 qualifiers list.

This list will be updated as and when there are any changes to plans (or rankings).

Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf:- [color=red]Crack the Bell (3rd) is qualified and will most likely compete.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies:- [color=red]Daytona Weekend (1st) and [color=red]Crack the Bell (2nd) are nominated, with Daytona most likely competing so Bell can hit elsewhere.
Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf:- [color=red]Hot Nurse (14th) will most likely compete, depends on how she looks come mid-October.
Breeders’ Cup Steeplechase Classic:- [color=green]Scrambled Egg (9th) will hopefuly compete.
Breeders’ Cup Steeplechase Distaff:- [color=red]Artistic Tendancie (2nd) will definitely compete.

My biggest worry is affording all the entry fees and being able to live with horses not returning checks, so although I say definitely here, only 2-3 may end up actually competing.

Mine didn’t run well recently so the stable is not rich now :wink: and we have spent quite a lot on next year’s nominations. But we should definetely run our mare [color=red]Love Signal, who was 3rd in Grade 1 Alabama Stakes and won Grade 1 Coaching Club American Oaks, among other great performances. I still can’t believe that we got her for $2,500 from Railbird auction.
But I’m confused with her nominations - for example, she’s nominated in these two races:

• 12/25-12/29 Breeders’ Series: 3yo Fillies Dirt Grade 1 Aqueduct Dirt 6 - 11 furlongs 3yo F $300,000
  • 12/25-12/29 Breeders’ Series: 3yo Fillies Turf Grade 1 Aqueduct Turf 6 - 11 furlongs 3yo F $300,000

but I’m not sure if I can find them in the Schedule Search… are they these?

• 2015-12-10 #47 Aqueduct Evening Flame Breeders’ Stakes (Gr. 2) Dirt 9 furlongs 3yo F $300,000
  • 2015-12-14 #47 Aqueduct Nation’s Pride Breeders’ Stakes (Gr. 2) Turf 9 furlongs 3yo F $300,000

but they are different grade and date before the nominations. Help please :slight_smile:
And my stallion [color=blue]Bartimaeus has only one lifetime nomination for Breeders’ Cup. Does it mean that he can enter all these races and Love Signal only two?

Iron spurs qualifiers and possible runners as the list changes from race to race I’m sure these will change again before the final call for entries comes up but for now horses IN RED ARE RUNNING, depending on rankings moving.

[color=blue]Well I can’t afford to race any of them so consider my spots open

Kichiro #13-Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint - furlongs for 3yo+ - Turf
Kichiro #12-Breeders’ Cup Mile - furlongs for 3yo+ - Turf
Kichiro #7-Breeders’ Cup Turf - furlongs for 3yo+ - Turf
Blood diamond # 9-Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies - furlongs for 2yo F - Turf. This one is a maybe at this point
Cardinal sin #12-Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies - furlongs for 2yo F - Turf

.  (14 # last in line before alternates)

Breeders Series races are different to Breeders Cup races. For BS races the horse has to have been nominated by the breeder (not necessarily the current owner) for that year’s series (there are series for 2yo f, 2yo c, 3yo f etc and turf/dirt/sc) - the races you’ve indicated are BS races for the filly. If she doesn’t have a lifetime Breeders Cup nomination on her nomination page you’d have to nominate her ($150,000+ depending on the race you want to enter) plus pay the entry fee (probably $200,000 or more). For your boy, he already has a lifetime nomination so you would only pay the entry fee for the appropriate race. If you have any weanlings by BC nominated stallions I’d recommend paying the $5000 to nominate them as saves a lot of money if they turn out to be good enough for BC races.
If you look in the ‘questions’ section of the general part of the forum there’s a thread with a link to BC races that you can use to check where your horses are in the current standings.

Thank you, imagine! Weanlings will come next year, I’ll keep in mind to nominate them :slight_smile:

Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint - [color=red]PATH FINDER (1st) will run
Breeders’ Cup Mile - [color=blue]I’M NO FOOL (1st) will run, [color=red]PATH FINDER (3rd) will not run
Breeders’ Cup Classic - [color=red]BAY OF BISCAY (1st) will run
Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf - [color=red]ILSAHERI (1st) will run, [color=red]PATH FINDER (10th) will not run
Breeders’ Cup Distaff - [color=red]MADAM PRESIDENT (1st) will run

Breeders’ Cup Juvenile - Lonely Victor and Point of Pride will both run.
Breeders’ Cup Mile - Toast of the Town and Notachanceinheck will NOT run.
Breeders’ Cup Classic - Forgotten Road (16) will NOT run
Breeders’ Cup Turf - Demand the Best (3) and Toast of the Town (8) will NOT run; Notachanceinheck MAY run, depending on his next race
Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf - Toast of the Town WILL run; Sludge (16) will NOT run
Breeders’ Cup Distaff - Forgotten Road (5) will NOT run
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf  - Scarecrow and Timbuktu WILL run; Initforthelonghaul (1) and Unconditional Love (13) will not run
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies - Initforthelonghaul (2) WILL run.  Reprise MAY run.

Breeder’s Cup Turf - GCh Mauna Loa will run.
Breeder’s Cup Filly & Mares Turf - Ch Dancing in Winter will run and NCh Eureka Stockade will run too.
Breeder’s Cup Distaff - Ch Touch of Whimsy will run.
Breeder’s Cup SC Distaff - Bold Dancer will run.

I dont have too many ponies that qualified, school got in the way… again…

Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies - Eloquently is likely to run in this one, she’s entered in an upcoming dirt stakes so i’ll see how she does

Breeders’ Cup Sprint - Alfalfa Sprouts is ranked 15th in this, she’s not likely to enter this one

Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint - Alfalfa Sprouts is ranked 4 in this, she has an upcoming race so we’ll see. She will likely be running

Breeders’ Cup Classic - Alfalfa Sprouts qualified for this too, but i’ll likely run her with the fillies

Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf - Starting Point qualified in rank 13, he’s never run in a stakes before so i’m not sure… We’ll see where I am financially

Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies - Victorina and Anglesite are both alternates, we’ll see how many horses enter, may throw one in for the heck of it

Think I got all of ours, after we did supplemental nominations. Horses in green/bold will run, horses in black won’t.

Juvenile: [color=green]Rumplestiltskin, [color=green]Little John

Juvenile Fillies: [color=green]Queen’s Fool

Juvenile Turf: [color=green]Robin Goodfellow, [color=green]Buenos Aires

Juvenile Turf Fillies: [color=green]Clochan na bhFomha

Sprint: [color=green]Bright Belles

Turf Sprint: [color=green]Temporary Insanity, Cuckoo, Lady Fae, [color=green]Airgead Draoicht

Filly/Mare Sprint: [color=green]SpectacularDiamond, Bright Belles

Mile: Temporary Insanity, [color=green]Cuckoo, Lady Fae, Airgead Draoicht

Dirt Mile: [color=green]Darkest Secret, Airgead Draoicht, Lord Nelson, Bright Belles

Turf: Cuckoo, [color=green]Lady Fae, Airgead Draoicht

Filly/Mare Turf: [color=green]Skye Song, Cuckoo, Lady Fae, Airgead Draoicht

Classic: [color=green]Lord Nelson, Darkest Secret, Bright Belles

Distaff: [color=green]Etched In Gold, Temporary Insanity, Cuckoo, Airgead Draoicht, Darkest Secret, Bright Belles

SC Sprint: [color=green]Ella Fitzgerald, [color=green]Celtic Magic, Alleluia, Avenue of Stars

SC Classic: Celtic Magic, Alleluia

SC Endurance: [color=green]Alleluia

Adding to the above:

Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf - [color=red]GAL FROM SEATTLE (3rd) will run
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf - [color=blue]PROMISING (1st) will run
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies - [color=red]HIGHLAND WISH (5th) will run

Editing to say that Daytona Weekend (BC Juv Turf Fillies), Scrambled Egg (BC SC Classic), and Hot Nurse (BC Filly/Mare Turf) will not compete, Daytona needs a break and Hot Nurse got bumped further down the ladder after yesterday’s races despite finishing 2nd in a G1. So she’ll terrorize Australia in the meantime. Scrambled Egg has just been flopping.

Might supplement As You Wish after all.

Updated on Sept 22nd.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile:- [color=blue]Casting Couch (ranked 11th) is qualified and will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf:- [color=blue]Worthy Victor (7th) and [color=red]Dark Topaz (dropped out of top 20) are both qualified and one of them will definitely run (most likely [color=blue]Worthy Victor).
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies:- [color=red]Dark Topaz (11th) is qualified and will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Mile:- [color=red]Decisive Endevor (10th) and [color=blue]Defense Secretary (19th) are both qualified and at least one of them will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf:- [color=red]Decisive Endevor (6th) and [color=red]Exquisite (17th) are both qualified and at least one of them will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Turf:- [color=red]Decisive Endevor (13th) is qualified and we may supplement [color=blue]Lucky Streak based on how well he runs on Oct 8. One or other of them will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint:- [color=red]Decisive Endevor (11th) is qualified and we may supplement [color=red]Big Dawn for this race or the Filly & Mare Turf, depending on how [color=blue]Lucky Streak runs on Oct 8. One or other of them will definitely run.
Breeders’ Cup SC Sprint and Breeders’ Cup SC Endurance:- [color=blue]Grandview is qualified for both races (15th-Sprint and 7th-Endurance) and will definitely run in one of them.
Breeders’ Cup SC Classic:- [color=blue]AndLikeThatHesGone may be supplemented for this depending on how he runs on Oct 8th.
Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff and Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff Endurance:- [color=red]Last Nights Jitter will definitely be supplemented for one of them.

[color=red]Decisive Endevor is qualified for four of the above races and a decision will be taken closer to the time as to which one she will run in, based on how [color=blue]Lucky Streak performs on Oct 8 and whether [color=blue]Defense Secretary remains in the top 20 qualifiers list.

[color=red]Big Dawn will definitely be supplemented for one of the following races:- Mile, Filly & Mare Turf, Turf, or Turf Sprint, depending on the decisions made about the rest of our horses as well as her rankings in the Supplemental Nominations lists.

[color=blue]In The Navy may also be supplemented for either the Mile or the Turf, depending on the decisions made about the rest of our horses as well as his rankings in the Supplemental Nominations lists.

I will be entering the following [color=red]Ch.Mi Amore, # 2 ranked in the [color=red]Breeders’ Cup SC distaff  and will run.
I figure I’m getting low on money I might as well go for it.

[color=red]NCh. Date With Destiny is supplemented to and will run in the Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff Endurance with hopes of a repeat. 

How long do you have for other supplemental? I have a 2yo that’s qualified for 4 races # 2 in two races and 4 & 5 in the others.

I can’t figure out how the points and rankings work. I have a colt that isn’t listed in the Qualifiers page for the Juvenile, but he’s ranked #4 on the nominations page (he hasn’t been nominated yet; he’ll have to be supplementally nominated)

Since he’s not nominated (yet), he doesn’t qualify.  That’s why he’s not listed on the qualifier page.  Nominate him, and that should change.

Mine changed right after I nominated her , in her number 2 spot, she just ported right into her spot! Does anyone know when the deadline is? Is it oct 1st? I have a 2 yo filly that on the nom page is qualified 2nd in two, and 4 & 5 in two more,but unless my auction sells everything I can’t afford to supplement her.