Black Storm Foals 2026

Love the name Pepper Imp!

1 Like

Still waiting on a single January mare…

DROPWING, 9.3h dark bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Mosquito - GCh. Worth My While (S)
Named after the Violet dropwing, a species of dragonfly. Half to MSW Ch. Lacewing. Mosquito will visit Fivel next.

70 Foals: 33 colts | 37 fillies

4 Likes

And we thought we were bad with Hang on for Spring, who was 27 days overdue! Hope the baby arrives safely, when it does decide to come.

1 Like

REDWOOD PARK, 8.1h bay colt
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Highland Flower (S) - GCh. Highland Laird (S)
This boy is nearly a week early. Half to 100% winners, and bred on the same sire/damsire cross as Ch. Diamondback. Highland Flower will visit Dark Ages next.

71 Foals: 34 colts | 37 fillies

I did discover my January mare…foaled in January. And I even posted it here. I just didn’t remove her from my due foals list. Fail. :laughing:

6 Likes

Just trickling in at this point. Just 7 left due this month, with most due in the first week and last few days. Next wave of foals should be next month.

SWEET HONEY BUN, 8.3h black filly
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Ch. Aggressive Honey - GCh. Dixie Time
Second foal and filly for SW/MSP dam. Should be bred for dirt, but we’ll see. Aggressive Honey will visit Straticus for 2027.

72 Foals: 34 colts | 38 fillies

5 Likes

XANTHE, 8.3h dark bay filly
NCh. Straticus (B) x Ch. Special Top - Invasor
Named for a water-nymph (naiad) in Greek mythology. First foal for MSP dam. Special Top is for sale.

73 Foals: 34 colts | 39 fillies

6 Likes

Three fillies in the night, all early, still waiting on 3 overdue mares.

BABYLON CANDLE, 8.2h chestnut filly
Gun Runner x Bold Firefly (S) - Secretariat (S)
Half to MSW Spill Your Secrets and MSP Ch. Bonfire Letters. Bold Firefly is a half-sister to NCh. Allinvain and is for sale.

ENDEARING, 7.2h dark bay filly
GCh. Northern Invasion x GCh. June My Love (G) - Create
Half to MSW’s NCh. Lingerie, Ch. Unavowed, and MSP Ch. Tendresse. June My Love was one of my first MSW’s and we’ve owned her for 13 years, so always happy when she foals! Especially fillies :wink: .

FAIRY DUST, 8.3h brown filly
NCh. Straticus (B) x Fairy War (G) - Sadler’s Wells (G)
Half to MSW’s GCh. Eponine, Ch. Iron and Rue, and MSP Fairy Madness.

76 Foals: 34 colts | 42 fillies
Fillies might win this year unless the colts take a sudden turn.

7 Likes

Looks like you added three future powerhouses in a single day! Congrats with these lovely fillies!

1 Like

PASS THE TORCH, 9.1h dark bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Ch. Passing Fancy (G) - Whirlaway (G)
Unfortunately, we had our first loss of the year. Passing Fancy had a difficult foaling and it was decided to retire her from broodmare duties. Thankfully, both mom and baby are doing well. Pass the Torch is half to MSW Ch. Deep Dark Ocean, 3 SW’s and 2 SP runners. He is also bred on the same sire/damsire cross as MSW Ch. Regal Prince.

Passing Fancy was MSP in her time, retiring sound at age 7 with 45 starts under her belt. In the shed she produced 9 live foals, 100% winners from 7 runners, with 6 black-type. Of those 9, only two were fillies and we thankfully own both. Her oldest daughter, Ch. Deadly Devotion, just had her first foal this year.

BYE BYE BLACKBIRD, 8.1h black filly
GCh. Powerful Soul x Sylvester - ICh. Alley Cat
Arriving about 2 weeks early, Bye Bye Blackbird is half to MSP Kitty Cognac. Sylvester will visit Dark Debate for 2027.

78 Foals: 35 colts | 43 fillies | 1 Retired

6 Likes

Love the name Bye Bye Blackbird!

1 Like

ALL SHE KNOWS, 8.3h bay filly
GCh. All That Appeal x Evil Evening - ICh. Dr. Evil
One early girl in the night! Originally not due until April 4th, she is the second foal and filly for a MW dam. Evil Evening is half to 4 MSW’s, including gold-ranked Ch. Free Laurel. Damline also includes the producers of stallions Dark Ages, Highland Burning, and Fight the Twilight. Evil Evening will visit Nobly Regal next.

79 Foals: 35 colts | 44 fillies | 1 Retired

7 Likes

PINKY BLINDERS, 9h bay colt
NCh. Phenomenal (B) x Pink Slew (G) - Tiznow (S)
I was hoping for a filly, but happy just to have a healthy foal! We purchased Pink Slew in foal at the Select Auction last year so here’s hoping that $5M price tag pays off with this boy in a couple years. Half to MSW GCh. Diamond Rose and SP Neilikka. Pink Slew will visit Cop in Morgue next.

80 Foals: 36 colts | 44 fillies | 1 Retired

4 Likes

MIDNIGHT DREARY, 9h chestnut filly
GCh. Local Haunt x Midnight Return (G) - Ch. Magic Cross (S)
Was both a relief and a bit of a shock when this girl finally dropped. 23 days late, mom was completely unbothered by this fact, and she somehow delivered a bright chestnut despite almost all bays and grays in the pedigree (one lone liver chestnut grandparent that may be the culprit). Happy to have another filly and for the name to not be taken! She’s half to our stallion GCh. Honeydukes, as well as MSW Ch. Owl Hunt, SW Demand the Night, and SP’s Ch. Rosette and Ch. Wild Hunt. Midnight Return will visit Straticus next.

81 Foals: 36 colts | 45 fillies | 1 Retired

6 Likes

NIGHTFLOWER, 8.3h dark grey filly
Ch. Dark Ages x Ch. Wildwood Flower - ICh. Ring of Fire (S)
Wildwood Flower was 25 days late when she finally went into labor and things abruptly went downhill. While we were able to save the foal, the same could not be said for her dam. A MSW at 4, Wildwood Flower leaves behind just three foals, all of whom we own, including her eldest - a 2yo of this year. Nightflower has been placed on a nurse mare.

79 Foals: 35 colts | 44 fillies | 1 Retired | 1 Died

20 foals left this year, with over half expected in the next 2 weeks

5 Likes

So sorry for the loss of your mare. :cry:

1 Like

Just trickling in now.

PAINTBRUSH, 8.3h bay colt
NCh. Straticus (B) x Tough Space - Candy Ride
I keep hoping Tough Space will pass on her blood bay coloring and I keep being denied. Hard to say what he’ll do, but intrigued by the combo of Straticus and Candy Ride. Tough Space will visit Gang of Thieves for 2027.

80 Foals: 36 colts | 44 fillies | 1 Retired Mare | 1 Mare Death

5 Likes

GULF OF GUINEA, 9.1h dark bay filly
NCh. Fool To Be Smokin’ x Ch. Sea Salt - Rock of Gibraltar (B)
Third filly and foal for MSW dam. Sea Salt will visit Fivel next.

81 Foals: 36 colts | 45 fillies | 1 Retired Mare | 1 Mare Death

4 Likes

Busy night!

AMUNET, 8.2h dark bay filly
American Pharoah (S) x Ch. Amatus - NCh. Golden Text
Named after an Egyptian goddess. First foal for Amatus, a MSW of $1.6M. Amatus will visit Honeydukes for 2027.

STAR OF ELENDIL, 8.1h bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Crystal Star - WCh. Crystal Rainbow
Named for a crystal from Middle-Earth lore, which was gifted to Frodo during the LotR trilogy. This is the first foal for her dam, a half-sister to stallion NCh. Hollywood Knight. Crystal Star will visit Fivel for 2027.

KING’S WRATH, 8h dark bay colt
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Coronet (G) - Created
Half to MSW’s GCh. Lord of Misrule and Ch. The Trumpet Calls, as well as SW’s Ch. Sauze d’Oulx and Crown Royal. Coronet has been leased.

84 Foals: 37 colts | 47 fillies | 1 Retired Mare | 1 Mare Death

3 Likes

Mad dash to the end now. I think it’s safe to say the fillies win this year.

CRÈME DE LA CRÈME, 10.2h bay filly
NCh. Lord Nelson (B) x Hold the Cream (S) - Point Given (S)
Hold the Cream delivered a BIG girl last night, and has certainly secured her legacy with 3 daughters from 4 foals so far. She is half to SW Black Mirrors. Hold the Cream will visit Nobly Regal next.

WHISPERSINTHEDARK, 8.2h dark bay filly
Ch. Dark Ages x Ch. National Sugar - NCh. National Post
Third foal and filly for MSP dam. National Sugar will visit Venture His Due next.

USS HORNET, 9.3h bay filly
GCh. Local Haunt x Ch. War Poppy - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
Named for a WW2 Naval ship that is now considered the most haunted ship in America (I love when I can use both the sire and dam’s names in some way). Half to recent G2 winner Great War. War Poppy will visit Dark Ages for 2027.

87 Foals: 37 colts | 50 fillies | 1 Retired Mare | 1 Mare Death
11 to go!

7 Likes

Lovely fillies

1 Like