Black Storm Foals 2026

I can’t believe it’s already FF 2026! The mares are being a bit feisty already and keeping their foals, but technically we had 7 born last night.

ARABESQUE, 8h mahogany bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Ch. Altuzarra - FFCh. I’m No Fool
Dam is SP and half to platinum-ranked Chick Flick (dam of NCh. Flames of Passion) and gold-ranked Good Point. Will visit Venture His Due next.

ARACARI, 7.2h dark bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x GCh. Cuckoo - FFCh. Foolhardy (S)
A little early! We picked up Cuckoo in the 2024 Select Auction; a MSW of $978k, she is half to NCh. Slew O’Scots, ICh. Starling, and 3 MSW-producing broodmares. This is her first foal. Aracari is a type of toucan. Will visit Local Haunt next.

CHERRY BOUNCE, 8.1h chestnut filly
NCh. Straticus (B) x Cherry Cheesecake (G) - Distinct Possibili (S)
Straticus really stamps his foals; I can’t tell you how many of his offspring I own that are chestnut with a stripe. Cherry Bounce is half to MSW’s Ch. Cherries Jubilee, Ch. Heavy Sugar, and Ch. Get the Axe. Will visit Nobly Regal next.

FRENCH CONNECTION, 9.1h dark bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x French Resistance (G) - Man O’War (S)
Half to MSW’s GCh. Marseillaise and Ch. Ember Hue, and SW’s Ch. French Revolution and Parisienne. Will visit Beratis next.

DARK AND STORMY, 8.2h bay filly
NCh. Allinvain (B) x Sweet Ginger Brew - NCh. Eighteen Karat
First foal for SP dam.

LABRADORITE, 7.2h flea-bitten grey colt
GCh. Dark Debate x Ch. Grey Pearl - Created
Dam is a SW create, so who knows how her foals will run. Excited to see how the Dark Debate’s will run. Will visit Beratis next.

LITERARY LIGHT, 8.3h dark grey filly
ICh. Unabridged (S) x Light Up Your Life (G) - Cigar (S)
Half to MSW GCh. Amatus, and SW’s Ch. Light of Eärendil and Ch. Light Bringer. Really hoping she turns into a monster on the track, especially with the recent retirement of Unabridged. Will visit Straticus next.

7 Foals: 3 colts | 4 fillies

6 Likes

SOUNDSLIKETHUNDER, 10.2h dark grey filly
Thunder Snow x Ch. Uninspired - Created
One BIG girl arrived in the night. Half to winner Unrequited. Dam is listed for sale.

8 Foals: 3 colts | 5 fillies

5 Likes

PRESSGANG, 10h dapple grey colt
NCh. Gang of Thieves (B) x Ch. Annapolis - Point Given (S)
Just picked up the dam from the Coleman Auction last month, so very happy to have a big healthy colt right away. First foal for SW dam, who is a half sister to MSW’s GCh. Seafaring and Ch. Widow’s Walk. She will visit Von Lichtenstein next.

LONGBOW, 8.3h dark grey filly
ICh. Unabridged (S) x Ch. Can’t Catch Arrow (S) - Created
Half to undefeated (but inactive) Ethereal Wisp. Dam is for sale.

KNOCKTURN ALLEY, 9.1h bay colt
NCh. Hogwarts (B) x Terrific Cover - NCh. Lasting Spirit (S)
Surprised the name wasn’t taken. First foal for MSP dam, who is half to GCh. Bracton and Ancient Honour (dam of 6 MSW’s including NCh. Ancient Magic). Terrific Cover will visit Honeydukes for 2027.

11 Foals: 5 colts | 6 fillies

6 Likes

LOVELY, 9.3h dark bay filly
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Swanheart - NCh. French Ruby
First foal for SP dam. Dam is half to MSW Ch. High Treason. Swanheart will visit Lucky Streak for 2027.

12 Foals: 5 colts | 7 fillies

7 Likes

GOLDEN FLEECE, 9.3h chestnut filly
Golden Horn x Medieval Romance - NCh. Golden Text
Very excited for this little girl! Half to MSW 2yo Ch. Princessinthetower. From the same damline as GCh. Incandescent and NCh. Eighteen Karat. Medieval Romance will visit Beratis next.

13 Foals: 5 colts | 8 fillies

7 Likes

Lovely filly. Surprised the name wasn’t taken.

1 Like

I had two Palermo foals due this year and both decided to come the same night. A pair of colts!

PISTOIA, 9.2h grey colt
NCh. Palermo x Smokey the Bear - ICh. Blue Smoke
Named for a city in Tuscany. First foal for his dam, a half-sister to MSW GCh. StarshipEnterprise. Smokey the Bear is for sale.

CASTELDACCIA, 9h bay colt
NCh. Palermo x Vermeil (S) - ICh. Ring of Fire (S)
Named for a small town just outside Palermo, Italy. Half to SW Tara Brooch and from the same damline as NCh. Clockstopper. Vermeil has been sold.

GOTHIC REVIVAL, 9.2h black filly
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Ch. Vampris - NCh. Dark Demand
First foal for MSW dam. From the same damline as NCh. Boldness Shows, GCh. No Sudden Moves, and MSW producers Crucial Move, Nonpareil, Move Boldly, and others. Vampris will visit Fivel for 2027.

16 Foals: 7 colts | 9 fillies

7 Likes

MYRTLE BEACH, 9h blue roan colt
Ch. Final Scene x Sunny Wine - GCh. Beau Esprit
First foal for SW dam, by an unproven damsire, out of Final Scene’s first crop, so who knows what he’ll do. Sunny Wine will visit Bells Beach for 2027.

17 Foals: 8 colts | 9 fillies

7 Likes

Love the name! I live about an hour away from Myrtle Beach, SC so its a bit nostalgic :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Colts caught up. We’re also up to 8 overdue foals already. January is a busy foaling month for us, but they’re taking their sweet time.

GOING BY MEMORY, 10h grey colt
Talismanic x Memories Of Night - WCh. Nightfight (G)
First foal for SP dam. We picked her up a a year ago for her Nightfight/Highland combination lines. Talismanic’s first crop debuts this year, so curious to see how they do. Memories of Night will visit Nobly Regal next.

18 Foals: 9 colts | 9 fillies

7 Likes

Speaking of “taking their sweet time”…we had a rush of foals in the night!

COLD BREW, 9.1h dark bay colt
Gun Runner x Coldwater - Created
We picked up Coldwater last month from the Coleman auction, as she was a big create in foal to Gun Runner. She wasn’t flashy on the track (no black type), but she retired sound after racing for four seasons. Curious to see how she’ll be as a producer. Coldwater will visit Fivel for 2027.

ASSAULT AND PEPPER, 9h dark bay filly
NCh. Space Chips (S) x Deadly Devotion - NCh. Golden Text
First foal for our homebred, Deadly Devotion. She was MSP on the track and is half to MSW Ch. Deep Dark Ocean. She will visit Honeydukes for 2027.

MAD APPLE, 9.1h dark grey colt
ICh. Belanso (S) x Ch. StrawberryDaiquiri - Ch. Rumor Has It (S)
First foal for MSW dam and from the same damline as NCh. Atlantis. We picked up StrawberryDaiquiri in 2024 because I’m a sucker for a strawberry, Rumor Has It seems to be excelling as a damsire, and her MSW status was a very nice bonus. She will visit Nobly Regal next.

ROSEDROP, 9.2h dark bay filly
NCh. Ablative Armour x Ch. Rosette - ICh. What’s Your Point
Second foal and first filly for MSP dam. Rosette is half to our stallion GCh. Honeydukes. She will visit Turnpike Wannabe for 2027.

SPARKS WILL FLY, 9h black colt
NCh. Worthy Victor (S) x Ch. Flint - Frankel
First foal for SW dam. Both parents excelled at 2, so might be a precocious runner. Flint will visit Dark Ages next.

MASTER JAZZ, 10.2h dark bay colt
GCh. Spirit in the Sky x Ch. Dita Von Teese - NCh. Player
Poor girl had to deliver this big chonk of a colt as her first foal. Thankfully both momma and baby are doing fine. Dita Von Teese is a MSW half-sister to GCh. Contemporary Style. She will visit Fivel next.

24 Foals: 13 Colts | 11 fillies

8 Likes

He is a big boy! Practically born ready to race. Lol.

Love all the names. Got some pretty babies there!

1 Like

Not sure why, but the forum-post link only displayed info for 1 new foal but after some looking around, we have 3. Just one overdue now, and the next batch not expected until the very end of the month.

NAEVIUS, 9.3h black colt
NCh. Straticus (B) x Blue Velvet (S) - Blue Ensign (S)
Named for a Roman poet/playwright. Half to MSW Ch. Kera and SW’s Ch. Velveteen and Black Velvet. Blue Velvet will visit Devil’s Walk for 2027.

SEASONS OF WAR, 8.2h dark gray filly
ICh. Belanso (S) x Ch. Queen of Crows - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
We had a stillborn with this breeding last year, so very happy to see a healthy filly on the second go. Queen of Crows’ first foal just turned 3 and was a 2yo winner. She will visit Nobly Regal next.

PEANUT GALLERY, 8.2h bay colt
FFCh. I’m No Fool (S) x Only Wonder - ICh. Prince of Wonder
Third foal for MSP dam, a half-sister to MSW’s GCh. Blowing Kisses, Ch. Lumberjack, Ch. Silent Victor, and Ch. Fourth Dimension. She will visit Dark Ages next.

27 Foals: 15 colts | 12 fillies

9 Likes

Nice foals. love the name Peanut Gallery!

1 Like

Had a bit of a surprise last night as two February mares decided enough was enough.

FEVER GOLD, 8.1h mahogany bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Golden Indy (G) - A.P. Indy (S)
Very excited for a filly, as we purchased Golden Indy in late 2024 but had to wait until 2025 to actually breed her. Golden Indy has produced 100% MSW’s so far with Ch. Smokin Indeed, Ch. Sun Chariot, and Ch. Fedora. Golden Indy will visit Local Haunt this year.

ROCK YOUR WORLD, 7.1h bay colt
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Ch. Rockette - Rock of Gibralter (B)
Maiden mares and their patience, am I right? His dam was MSP on the track and we’ve had her since she was a weanling, so she feels like an honorary homebred. Rockette will visit Honeydukes for 2027.

29 Foals: 16 colts | 13 fillies

6 Likes

So excited to finally have my first Local Haunt foals! We now have 7 overdue foals, including one who was due 3 weeks ago.

HAUNTED CHERRY, 8.3h strawberry roan filly
GCh. Local Haunt x Ch. Cherries Jubilee - ICh. Take Me Away
Not my most creative name. Happy to see more strawberries from the “Cherry” family I am slowly building. Both parents are MSW dirt runners. Cherries Jubilee will visit Fivel next.

HYPNOS, 9.2h dark bay colt
GCh. Local Haunt x Ch. Tower of the Winds - Octagonal (S)
Named for the Greco-Roman god of sleep. Half to SP Chloris, and Tower of the Winds is half to stallion NCh. Lord Nelson. Bred on a lease, Tower of the Winds has returned to Cricket Hill.

31 Foals: 17 colts | 14 fillies

7 Likes

Very busy night with 8 new babies. I expect tonight will be busy, too, since I’m still expecting another 14 foals this month and 11 within the first week of February before we enter a break in expected foals.

THOUGHTS OF SNOW, 8.3h bay filly
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x All Snowed In - WCh. All Jazzed Up (S)
Third foal and first filly for her dam. All Snowed in was successful on all surfaces, though nothing flashy. I suspect this little girl might lean SC as she grows older. All Snowed In will visit Fivel next.

NERO, 9.3h black colt
NCh. Straticus (B) x Europa - Ch. Tryst of Fate
Europa continues to give me all colts. Tryst of Fate only produced 14 daughters and the vast majority are unbred/inactive, so hard to say how he will do as a damsire. Europa will visit Honeydukes for 2027.

FLYING FORWARD, 10h dark bay filly
NCh. Space Chips (S) x GCh. Flying High - WCh. What’s Debatable (S)
Excited for this massive girl. She’s half to SW Flying Warrior and SP Sponsored Flight. From the same damline as NCh. Away the Lads. Flying High will visit Local Haunt next.

RUE MORGUE, 8.2h dark bay colt
GCh. Local Haunt x Ch. Mantle of Honor - GCh. Mantle of Power
Second foal for stakes winning dam, who is a half-sister to NCh. Ancient Magic, GCh. Ancient Fire, GCh. Ancient Warrior, and others. Mantle of Honor will visit Nobly Regal for 2027.

MORDIGAN, 10h dark bay colt
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Mord’Sith - GCh. Must Be Magic (S)
Mord’sith needed an extra 3 weeks for this big boy! Meduseld, or Golden Hall, is the capital of Rohan from the world of Middle Earth. Mord’Sith is half to platinum-ranked Ch. Marie de Guise and gold-ranked Ch. Spectacular Queen. She will visit Dark Ages next.

MUSIC BOX, 10h grey filly
GCh. Bells Beach x Ch. Tiara Tango (B) - GCh. High On Love (S)
Dam is a 17hh monster, so I expected nothing less when she delivered this mini monster a week early. Music Box is half to SW Ch. Toast to the Ghost and SP Thuaidh. Hoping to send Tiara Tango to Fading Colours next.

EXPLODING BONBON, 9h dark bay colt
Ch. Honeydukes x Voodoo Cocktail (G) - Cigar (S)
The available Harry Potter references are really dwindling down between Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, Honeydukes, Highland Magic, Silver Wizard, and a plethora of other magic-reference horses. Exploding Bonbon is half to MSW’s GCh. Moscow Mule and Ch. Laphroaig. Voodoo Cocktail will visit Nobly Regal next.

SEEK AND DESTROY, 9.1h bay filly
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Wanderlust (G)
Half to MSW GCh. Itinerant. Wanderlust will visit Straticus next.

39 Foals: 21 colts | 18 fillies

11 Likes

A nice group of foals, really love Exploding Bonbon.

Thanks! I apparently jinxed myself by saying we should have another busy night, because we just had a single February mare foal. Now we have 14 overdue.

HURRICANE CROWN, 9.1h chestnut colt
Ch. Honeydukes x Ch. Crown Alexandra - GCh. Tottenham Hotspur
Third foal for SW dam; will likely favor SC. Dam is half to gold-ranked Sun Spot. Crown Alexandra visit Venture His Due for 2027.

40 Foals: 22 colts | 18 fillies

6 Likes

Colts are starting to take over.

CRY OF THE CELTS, 9h bay colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Evening Prayer - War Chant (S)
Dam is a SW half-sister to NCh. Fight The Twilight. Her only started foal was placed at 2. Evening Prayer will visit Straticus next.

FAAS, 9.3h black colt
GCh. Fivel x Ch. Red Roses - Alydar (S)
Dam is a SW half-sister to gold-ranked Ch. Sweetest Slew. Red Roses will visit Local Haunt next.

42 Foals: 24 colts | 18 fillies

6 Likes