Black Storm 2023 Foals

Had a few early birds!

DIAMOND HEIR, 7.3h dark bay colt
NCh. Space Chips x Diamond Lover - WCh. Crystal Rainbow (S)
Eight days ahead of schedule, he is the second foal for MSW dam, from the same damline as MSW Ch. Frivolous. Diamond Lover will visit Nobly Regal.

GHOUL, 9.2h dark bay colt
NCh. Lasting Spirit (S) x Ch. The Sting - Created
Third for for MW dam and part of the last crop of Lasting Spirit. This is definitely a gamble mating, but possibly a chaser. The Sting was bred on a lease and will return to Marshall Creek.

THIEF IN THE NIGHT, 7.2h grey colt
NCh. Gang of Thieves x Ch. Night Owl Special - FFCh. High Chances (S)
Also born more than a week early! First foal for MSW Night Owl Special, a G1 winner who liked both turf and dirt as long as the distance was 9f+. Will likely be a late bloomer. Night Owl Special will visit Blue Smoke next.

Unfortunately Ch. Uninspired produced a stillborn colt by NCh. Changeling. This would have been her second foal. Will send back to Changeling to try again.

3 Foals: 3 Colts | 0 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 104 due

Ooh, pretty first Space Chips foal of the year! Congratulations!

Love the names.

Sorry about your stillborn.

Great names for all these nice foals! Sorry to see you lost one though.

Sorry to hear of the stillborn.  Congrats on the boys!

Love Thief In The Night!

NEEDLE, 8.0h chestnut colt
NCh. Golden Text (G) x Ch. While I Skip - GCh. Worth My While (G)
Another who didn’t want to wait, arriving 8 days early. Third foal and colt for his MSW dam, his oldest half-sibling just turned 3 and was on the board 2/3 times last year. Dam is half to MSW Ch. Skip A Stride. She will visit Quarren for 2024.

4 Foals: 4 Colts | 0 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 103 due

Lots of colts! haha Love the names Needle and Ghoul!

LACEWING, 9.2h bay filly
Deep Impact (B) x Mosquito - GCh. Worth My While (G)
Happy to see a filly! No patience from this crop so far, with this big girl foaling a week early. First foal for her dam, Mosquito did well at 2 but went inactive for several years, racing just once at 3 then nothing until 6 so hard to say what her foals may do. However Worth My While is gold as damsire and Mosquito is half to MSW Ch. Tenth Doctor, so fingers crossed she has potential as a producer. Mosquito will visit Venture His Due for 2023.

5 Foals: 4 Colts | 1 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 102 due

Very pretty filly. :slight_smile:

Love the name Lacewing!

REMARKABLE MOON, 8.3h bay filly
ICh. Starling x Ch. Shootforthemoon (S) - NCh. Gimme A Shot (S)
Half to SP TheQuickandtheDead. Shootforthemoon will visit Straticus for 2023.

6 Foals: 4 Colts | 2 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 101 due

Pretty!

PARISIENNE, 10.0h liver chestnut filly
NCh. French Ruby (B) x Youthful - Created
Apparently I like one-word names this year. She’s a big girl for being 5 days early! First foal for Youthful. Both parents didn’t hit their peak until three/four so I imagine she’ll be a late bloomer as well. Youthful will visit Carrowmore next.

Sitting at 8 late foals, as is tradition.

7 Foals: 4 Colts | 3 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 100 due

Fillies caught up quickly!

FLEUR DE MONTAGNE, 10.1h bay filly
NCh. French Ruby (B) x Highland Flower - GCh. Highland Laird (S)
Some very lazy naming, with her name meaning Mountain Flower. This is the second foal for Highland Flower, a MW over fences and a half-sister to MSW NCh. Nightshade (S, dam of 2 MSW’s), Fleur’s Debate (S), Rings of Saturn (S, dam of 2 MSW’s), and Indy Bride (P, dam of 2 MSW’s). Highland Flower will next visit Gang of Thieves.

8 Foals: 4 Colts | 4 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 100 due

COLONIAL DAWN, 9.2h liver chestnut filly
Curlin (B) x Boston Harbor (S) - Created
Just purchased the dam a few days ago so very happy to have a filly. Half to MSW Ch. II Good IX U, and SW’s Ch. Trick Me Once and Ch. Sydney Harbour. Boston Harbor will visit Straticus for 2023.

DARK TRUFFLE, 7.3h dark bay colt
FFCh. Black Cherry (B) x Ch. Reine de la Nuit - ICh. Long Live The King
Just a day early but he’s a tiny thing! First foal for SW dam, Reine de la Nuit is half to MSW Ch. Night Owl Special (whom we own) and from the same damline as MSW NCh. American Rhapsody. Reine de la Nuit will next visit Nobly Regal.

PRINCESSINTHETOWER, 9.2h bay filly
ICh. Candidate (S) x Medieval Romance - NCh. Golden Text
First foal for her dam who didn’t do much on the track, but who has gold parents and is a 3/4 sister to GCh. Incandescent. Will visit Straticus.

TICK TOCK, 8.3h red chestnut colt
NCh. French Ruby (B) x Rosie Clocked Out - NCh. Clockstopper
First foal for dam. Likely a late bloomer, as both parents didn’t do well until their 4yo season. Rosie Clocked Out’s dam is half to a gold-ranked mare we own, but the family is mostly unproven in the shed. Will be interesting to see what he does. Rosie Clocked Out will see Straticus.

12 Foals: 6 Colts | 6 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 100 due

Love the name Colonial Dawn!

Great names. :slight_smile:

like the names!

CLAYMORE, 10.0h bay colt
WCh. Sponsored x Ch. I’m A Princess - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
First foal for G2 winner I’m A Princess. Dam is half to MSW Ch. Neferure and SW Ch. Gautseshen. I’m A Princess will visit French Ruby for 2024.

DRAUGHT OF PEACE, 8.2h grey colt
NCh. Hogsmeade (B) x Miss Livewire - NCh. Gone Haywire (B)
First foal for G1-placed dam. Draught of Peace was an anti-anxiety draught mentioned in Harry Potter. Dam is half to MSW’s NCh. Too Stressful and Ch. Flaming Wire. Miss Livewire was bred on a lease and returned to North Oak Farms.

EQUIFOX, 9.0h bay colt
NCh. Worthy Victor (G) x Ch. Foxy Ruby (B) - Gallant Fox (S)
Dam is half to NCh. French Ruby. Equifox’s two raced half-sibs have done well in non-stakes company and we recently picked up his 4yo half-brother. Foxy Ruby will next visit LiveLong&Prosper.

LAUGHAWAY, 9.1h dark bay filly
NCh. Away The Lads (B) x Hollywood Classic (S) - FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (S)
Happy to finally have a daughter of Hollywood Classic! Laughaway is half to G1W [color=blue] My Formal Spurs. Her oldest half-sib is still unraced and we recently obtained her 3yo half-brother on a lease from Markos so it will be interesting to see what she does. From the same damline as MSW GCh. Djinn. Hollywood Classic will see Nobly Regal for 2024.

16 Foals: 9 Colts | 7 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 96 due