Black Storm 2023 Foals

I’m amazed Claymore wasn’t taken.

Me Too :slight_smile:

[color=blue]EIGHTEENTHCENTURY, 8.3h bay colt
NCh. Eighteen Karat (S) x Ch. War Poppy - NCh. I’m A Classic (S)
First foal for MSP dam. Foal is definitely bred for classic and long distance dirt! Dam is half to two silver-ranked mares. I liked the combo of What’s It Worth/I’m A Classic in this mating. War Poppy will visit Blue Smoke for 2024.

6 foals late but next on-time foal isn’t expected until January 29th so who knows when they’ll show, lol.

17 Foals: [color=blue]10 Colts | [color=red]7 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 96 due

[color=blue]LANTERN GLOW, 8.3h black colt
NCh. Changeling (S) x Sky Lantern - NCh. Joyeux Oiseau
Lots of first foals this year! Sky Lantern set a speed record at SC and was on the board in almost half her starts and is a half-sister to SP Riverglen. Sky Lantern is for sale for $10,000 OBO.

[color=red]ROMANTICIDE, 8.3h dark grey filly
WCh. Sionnach x Ch. Tiara Tango - GCh. High On Love (S)
I am really struggling with a name, so suggestions welcome! Third foal for Tiara Tango who was SP on the track. I’m honestly surprised this foal wasn’t bigger, with mom being 17hh and her foaling almost a week late. Family is fairly unproven, but fingers crossed for Sionnach offspring. Tiara Tango has been bred to Golden Text.

19 Foals: [color=blue]11 Colts | [color=red]8 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 89 due

Beautiful foals! 

Sionnach’s Tiara or Two To Tango came to mind looking at your unnamed filly!

Tiara Tango’s filly has been named Romanticide.
Two new boys arrived overnight, and neither were due until February!

WAFFLES, 9.0h strawberry roan colt
ICh. Devil’s Walk x Paddy Cake - NCh. Yes It’s Paddy
Second foal for his dam, and I’m very happy to have a strawberry roan like her. Family is pretty “quiet”, with 100% winners but no SW/SP’s from the damline. Yes It’s Paddy is still unproven as a damsire, with 25 daughters at stud but most are unbred and those with foals have yearlings at the oldest. Very interested to see how Devil’s Walk does as a sire. Paddy Cake has been sold to Sakura Springs.

WILD AGAIN, 8.1h grey colt
NCh. Quintet x Ch. Wild Countess - Count Fleet (S)
Third foal for MSW dam and from the same family as GCh. Hearts Are Wild. Haven’t decided where Wild Countess will go next.

21 Foals: 13 Colts | 8 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 87 due

Love the name Waffles! :heart:

Ahahahaahahah so glad you used the name Waffles!

It’s like my overdue Jan mares and my early Feb mares switched schedules without telling me.

HARD EVIDENCE, 8.0h dapple grey filly
NCh. French Ruby (B) x Illicit - WCh. Highland Bandit (S)
First foal for her dam, whose granddam produced MSW’s NCh. AndLikeThatHesGone, GCh. Lone Adventurer, GCh. Fast Fleet Feet, and GCh. Venture His Due. Illicit will visit Superdocious for 2024.

22 Foals: 13 Colts | 9 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 86 due

GALATEA, 8.0h black filly
GCh. All That Appeal x Guinan (G) - Alydar (S)
Keeping to a space theme: Guinan is a Star-Trek character, and Galatea is one of Neptune’s moons. She is half to MSW Ch. Gin’Tak and SP Grish. Guinan will visit Nobly Regal.

23 Foals: 13 Colts | 10 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - *84 due
*Sold a broodmare in foal so due number dropped

Up to 3 mares now 2 weeks overdue, and we welcome the arrival of another February foal.

DEMAND THE NIGHT, 9.1h bay colt
ICh. Demand the Best (B) x Midnight Return (G) - Ch. Magic Cross (S)
One of our most highly anticipated foals. He is half to MSW’s [color=blue]Ch. Honeydukes[/color] and [color=blue]Ch. Owl Hunt[/color], and SW [color=red]Ch. Rosette[/color].

24 Foals: 14 Colts | 10 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - *83 due

[color=blue]BASTILLE[/color], 10.0hh black colt
NCh. Straticus x Ch. French Revolution - NCh. The Fighting Fifty
Only 19 days late for her first foal. French Revolution we had bred and campaigned, winning a G1 and being MSP, and is half to MSW Ch. Marseillaise and SP Ember Hue. Bastille’s great-granddam is half to NCh. Franco Classico.

25 Foals: 15 Colts | 10 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - *82 due

Lovely colt.

I’m amazed the name wasn’t taken. (Also we have so many generations in FF! Crazy.)

[color=red]DEEP BLUE SKY[/color], 10.2h black filly
ICh. Blue Smoke (B) x Ellenai - ICh. What’s Your Point
It was a LONG wait for this girl at 26 days past her due date, but both mom and daughter are healthy! Second foal for her Ellenai, a MW at 3 and half-sister to SW Grandiose Castle and SP Ch. Saramenha. Ellenai will visit Gun Runner next.

26 Foals: 15 Colts | 11 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - *81 due

Lovely filly!

Pretty! And I’m waiting for a foal from her granddam :blush:

[color=red]OBSCURA[/color], 8.2h grey filly
Curlin (B) x Atramental Pearl (B) - The Black (S)
Her dam set 2 SC speed records and was unraced at 2, so I’m thinking this girl will be a late bloomer. I’ve had great luck with The Black grandchildren, however, so hoping that will add some “oomph.” Bred on a lease, Atramental Pearl has returned to Marshall Creek.

[color=red]SCHMALTZY[/color], 9.3h bay filly
NCh. French Ruby (B) x Ch. Melodramatic (B) - Sadler’s Wells (S)
Half to SW [color=blue] Valiente[/color] and 100% winners. Her name means “excessively sentimental.” Melodramatic will visit Nobly Regal for 2024.

27 Foals: 15 Colts | 13 Fillies | 1 Stillborn - 79 due

LOVE the name Schmaltzy!

Lovely fillies.

Love the name Obscura!

Lovely fillies! I didn’t realize that Valiente became a stakes winner.