Battle Hill's 2013 Foal Crop

This morning brought our first foal os the season…

[url=http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=10521][b][color=blue]D

Cute ROF baby!  :slight_smile:

This morning we had our second foal of the season…

[color=blue]Any Given Sunday
Dark Bay - Colt - 8.0h - RH Coronet, LH Ermine
Sired by: NCh. Slew O’Scotts (B)
Out of: You Little Beauty (Closing Time(S)

This is You Little Beauty’s first foal… NCh. Slew O’Scotts is showing promise as a sire of note with 74% winners fromhis first 2 foal crop…

You Little Beauty will be bred to Ch. Turn n’Burn for 2014…

[color=red]0 Fillies / [color=blue]2 Colts - 31 left to Foal

Our first filly of the season deciced to sat hello today…

[color=red]Midori
Bay - Filly - 8.3h - Star, stripe, snip, RH Coronet, LH Ermine
Sired by: NCh. Gimme A Shot (G)
Out of: Apple Pie (A.P. Indy (G/B) Chef-de-Race (I)

Midori Apple Pie’s first foal… and is Royaly bred… I’m expecting great things from this filly…

Apple Pie will visit WCh. Highland Bandit for a 2014 foal…

[color=red]1 Filly / [color=blue]2 Colts 30 left to Foal…

They all look great, Dawn! I especially love Midori’s name :slight_smile:

It is a sad day at Battle Hill today…

Deputy Miss delivered a stillborn filly this morning… she was 6 days late and this being her first foal we weren’t worried…

The vet has checked Deputy Miss out and has given her a clean bill of health… she will visit War Chant for her 2014 foal… and hopefully deliver a live healthy foal…

[color=red]1 Filly / [color=blue]2 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn… 29 left to Foal…

Oh, Dawn! I’m so sorry to hear that of her first foal :frowning: Fortunately mom is healthy, and here’s to a healthy War Chant foal!

On the Midnight check of the foaling barn we discovered a very early visitor…

[color=blue]Devil’s Apprentice
Chestnut - Colt - 8.3h - Star, stripe, snip, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sire by: GCh. Highland Laird (S)
Our of: GCh. Devilady

This handsome colt has been long antcipated… I can’t wait to see him on the track… GCh. Devilady was our first MSWer… and Apprentice is her first foal… She will visit WCh. Nightfight for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]1 Filly / [color=blue]3 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn… 30 left to Foal…

Love the name! :slight_smile:

YAY Laird Army!!  ;D  Cute foal.

Sorry to hear of your lost foal, sad and disappointing after waiting so long.
But happy to see your latest foal is happy and healthy, hope all the others are the same  :slight_smile:

This morning has been a long battle…

on our midnight rounds, we noticed Reine-de-Course mare Take Account thrashing in her stall… she was in hard labor and the foal was presenting backwards… an emergency call to the vet and 4 hours later… we had a wonderful little filly… Take Account is 17 this year and has produced 10 live foals… it was decided to retire her from brood duty so she can hang out and enjoy the rest of her life at Battle Hill…

So let me introduce you to Take Account’s last foal…

[color=red]Semi-Charmed
Blood Bay - Filly - 9.2h - Star, snip, RF Blaze, LF Ermine, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: Ch. Irish River (S)
Out of: Take Account (G) Reine-de-Course (I)

Charmed is what this young lady is… coming into the world backwards and a wopping 9.2h… We are very excited to have this Ch. Irish River filly in our barn… and can hardly wait for her to hit the track in 2015…

[color=red]2 Fillies / [color=blue]3 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 29 left to Foal…

Congrats on a healthy baby.  Hopefully she’ll do her (gorgeous) bloodlines justice.

I hope Take Account has a long retirement, it’s well-deserved.

We woke to a new baby in the foaling barn today…

[color=blue]Saint Moritz
Dark Bay - Colt - 8.2h - Blaze, LF Coronet, RH Sock, LH Ermine
Sired by: A.P. Indy (G)
Out of: Savethelastdance (What’s It Worth (G))

Dance is the first Worth daughter I was fortunate enough to buy… this is her first foal… and I wanted something other than a Rouge bred stallion to cross on her… Who better than A.P. Indy? I’m excited about this colt… can’t wait to see him on the track in 2015!! Savethelastdance will visit Holy Bull for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]2 Fillies / [color=blue]4 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 28 left to Foal…

Two more foals arrived early this morning… and neither were the one we’ve been waiting on…

[color=blue]Hero Complex
Dark Bay - Colt - 8.3h - RH Coronet, LH Ermine
Sired By: ICh. Magic Glory
Out of: Ancient Honour

The name comes form Glory & Honour… thus Hero Complex…  ;D Magic Glory’s first foals will hit the track this spring… and this is Ancient Honour’s first foal… We’re not sure how this boy will run… he may be for sale later this year… Ancient Honour will be bred to Battle Hill’s Ch. Turn n’Burn for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]Celtic Hymn
Liver Chestnut - Filly - 8.0h - Snip, RF Ermine, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: FFCh. High Chances
Out of: Ch. Hermione

Hymn is a lovely filly… we are so excited about her… she’s part of FFCh. High Chances 2nd foal crop… his race record is incredible… she is Ch. Hermione’s second foal… and second filly… Hermione was one of my starter horses… and was a little fickled on the track… but was quite good at the allowance level… I’m expecting really nice things from this filly… Ch. Hermione will visit GCh. Highland Laird for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]3 Fillies / [color=blue]5 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 26 left to Foal…

Love the names! :slight_smile:

I love the name Celtic Hymn! I gotta watch out for her on the track. XD

Doing the early morning rounds of the foaling barn brought us our extremely overdue baby…

[color=red]Celtic Elegance
Strawberry Roan - Filly - 10.1H - Blaze, RH Sock, LH Coronet
Sired by: NCh. Highland Wizard (G)
Out of: Swing Vote (NCh. Hope To Succeed (S)

We were beging to get concerned about Swing Vote holding onto her foal for three extra weeks… being a maiden mare… When Elegance finally arrived and she is huge! standing a full 2 hands taller than our first foal of the season… She’s already very bold and I love her color… Sired by Gold Ranked NCh. Highland Wizard… she is Swing Vote’s first foal… I have big expcetation of this filly… can’t wait to see her on the track… Swing Vot is headed to Shadowbrook Farm on lease for 2014…

[color=red]4 Fillies / [color=blue]5 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 25 left to Foal…

Another baby decide to visit us this morning…

[color=blue]Caribbean Cartel
Grey - Colt - 10.2h - Star, stripe, snip, RH Ermine, LH Sock
Sired by: GCh. Jazz It Up (S)
Out of: Ch. Calypso (G)

We bought Calypso at the recent Storybook Dispersal Sale… she was very heavy in foal and we worried about shipping her home… but she made the trip fine and foaled out just a few days early… and it’s a good thing, this boy is huge! Calypso was MSP before she was retired to brood… Cartel is 1/2 to MSW GCh. Temptation (retired), NCh. Unfaltering (retired) and SP Tsunami… I’m looking forward to seeing this boy run… Ch. Calypso is visiting newly retired WCh. All Jazzed Up for a 3/4 sibling to Cartel for 2014…

[color=red]4 Fillies / [color=blue]6 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 24 left to Foal…

Love the name!  Congrats on such a pretty mare and baby.