Battle Hill's 2013 Foal Crop

We had a busy morning here at Battle Hill Farm today… Three new babies arrived in the wee hours of the day…

[color=blue]Military Boy
Dark Bay - Colt - 8.1h - Star, stripe, snip, RH Coronet, LH Ermine
Sired by: No Duplicate (S)
Out of: Prospector’s Cat (G) (Storm Cat (B)

We leased Prospector’s Cat from Delta Ro Racing Stud and bred her to No Duplicate… We are excited to see how this colt will do in 2015… Prospector’s Cat has returned to Delta Ro…

[color=red]Ms. Ninty Proof
Dark Bay - Filly - 9.2 h - Star, snip, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: Tiznow
Out of: Fighting To Dream (Captain Jack (S)

What can I say… Tiznow is one of my alltime fave RL stallions… his first FF foals will hit the track this spring…Ms. Ninty Proof is Fighting to dreams first foal… looking forward to seeing what this baby can do… Fighting To Dreeam is visiting A.P. Indy for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]Evening In Paris
Brown - Filly - 9.1h - Stripe, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: Giant’s Causeway
Out of: Dawn Patrol (Land Ho (S)

It was claer the moment she was born Eve is an elegant filly… We are not sure what to expect from this filly… but she will one day make a great addition to our brood band… Dawn Patrol will visit Rahy for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]6 Fillies / [color=blue]7 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 21 left to Foal…

During midnight rounds we discovered 2 mares in labor…

[color=blue]Little Bohemian
Dapple Grey - Colt - 8.1h - RF Coronet, RH Ermine, LH Coronet
Sired by: ICh. Ring of Fire
Out of: Queendom

This is our second Ring of Fire colt… I was really hoping for a filly… but he is a handsom little boy… this is Queendom’s first foal… We are looking forward to seeing him run in 2015… Queendom is visiting Point Given for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]Sulty Romance
Chestnut - Filly - 8.3h - Stripe, RH Ermine, LH Sock
Sired by: ICh. Gunningdownromance
Out of: Ask Me Why (Fire ‘n’ Smoke (B)

Rommy is the first foal for Ask Me Why, and part of ICh. Gunningdownromance’s first foal crop… I’m excited about this filly… we are really looking forward to seeing her run as a 2 yo… Ask Me Why is visiting Giant’s Causeway for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]7 Fillies / [color=blue]8 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 19 left to Foal…

Early morning rounds found a new baby in the foaling barn…

[color=red]Mercenary’s Song
Bay - Filly - 8.3h - Star, stripe, snip, RH Coronet, LH Coronet
Sired by: WCh. Highland Bandit (S)
Out of Whisky Lullaby (Gallant Fox (S/S)

We are so excited to have this filly! This is Whisky Lullaby’s first foal… She will be visiting Tiznow for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]8 Fillies / [color=blue]8 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 18 left to Foal…

We had a very special arrival today…

[color=red]La Femme Nikita
Bay - Filly - 8.3h - Blaze, RH Coronet, LH Coronet
Sired By: NCh. Devil May Care (G)
Out of: Natural Talent (Planet Hollywood (S/S) Chef-de-Race (I/C)

Niki is a very special filly… she’s one of the last foals to be sired by NCh. Devil May Care… who has sired some impressive runners… and she is the second foal from Natural Talent who was stakes placed before retiring to brood… I’m so excited about this filly… and can’t hardly wait to see her on the track… Natural Talent will be visiting FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]9 Fillies / [color=blue]8 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 17 left to Foal…

This morning we discovered a new baby during morning feeding…

[color=blue]Oceanus
Dark Bay - -Colt - 9.0h - Star, snip, RF Sock, LF Blaze, RH Ermine, LH Sock
Sired by: WCh. King David
Out of: Ch. Set Sail (G) (Land Ho (S)

This baby is part of our Color War prize… we picked Ch. Set Sail in foal to WCh. King David… King David’s first foals will hit the track this spring… Ch. Set Sail was a MW on the track but her real talent lies in the broodband…Oceanus is 1/2 to MSW NCh. Set The Sails and SW Khepri… I’m looking for some really big things from this colt… Ch Set Sail will be visiting NCh. Bellagio for her 2014 foal…

As for his name I was looking for something related to water and from Greek Mythology found this;
Oceanus is the unending stream of water encircling the world. Together with his wife Tethys produced the rivers and the three thousand ocean nymphs.

[color=red]9 Fillies / [color=blue]9 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 15 left to Foal…

School has gotten crazy this week… but I wanted to show off this new guy…

[color=blue]Seattle Connection
Bay - Colt - 9.2h - Blaze, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: NCh. Seattle Sorcerer (S)
Out of: Roxie Hart (GCh. Jazz It Up (S)

This guy showed up 16 days late… NCh. Seattle Sorcerer’s first foals will hit the track this spring… and this is Roxie Hart’s second foal… Roxie Hart will visit FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood…

[color=red]9 Fillies / [color=blue]10 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 14 left to Foal…

I had to dash to school this morning… and was not able to check the foaling barn… when I got an excited call from the stable lad for the brood barn… I Put A Spell On U was spraying milk with every turn of the stall she made… and was not at all interested in her morning feed… A quick look at the teacher (who understood what was going on) sent me flying from class and racing to the barn… by the time I got there it was all over but the shouting! Let me introduce you to our new boy…

[color=blue]U Remind Me
Black - Colt- 9.2h - Star, stripe, snip, RF Ermine, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood
Out of: I Put A Spell On U

We recently bought I Put A Spell On U in foal to TakeMeToHollywood form Ivy Creek Farm… and were hoping for a filly… but we have one more shot at that filly… I’m not sure what to expect from this colt… but I’m sure he’s gonna be a star… I Put a Spell On U will be bred to our own Ch. Turn n’Burn for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]9 Fillies / [color=blue]11 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 13 left to Foal…

Yay!  Glad to see he arrived safe & sound for ya.   :)

Figures that he’s black, though.  Most of my babies have been this year.  ::)  So much for my theory of trying to breed for several color options in addition to talent so I would have no idea what to expect…

I woke to the terrible screams of our stable lad… and it was coming from the brood barn… I hurridly threw on my coat over my pajamas (who has time to dress?)… and when I arrived at the brood barn I noticed our trainer and two other stable lads standing just outside Devil’s Lace’s stall… and there was wimpring comeing from inside the stall… as I ran up I was asking what was going on? Jason (the trainer)… was smiling from ear to ear and said “the lad thought he was going to get a hand on Lacy’s new baby”… Wonderful… this is Lacy’s first foal and she’s proving to be a typical Devil’s Bag daughter… over protective of her babies… peeking in I seen the lad in a corner rolled up in a ball and Lacy standing over him… while the new baby peeked at him from behind mommy… I spoke softly to the mare and caught her attention… and slipped into the stall and got a halter on her… the lad had learned a valuable lesson… don’t mess with maiden mares without a support team behind you… anyway let me introduce our newest baby…

[color=red]Premium Lace
Liver Chestnut - Filly - 8.1h - Star, snip, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: Ch. Irish River (S)
Out of: Devil’s Lace

This is Devil’s Lace first foal… so I’m not sure what to expect from her on the track… Devil’s Lace will visit ICh. Magic Glory for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]10 Fillies / [color=blue]11 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 12 left to Foal…

LOL! I’m glad everything ended well. Lace is a cutie.

We had new baby show up in the wee hours of the morning… very uneventful compared to yesterday morning…

[color=red]Caught In A Dream
Black - Filly - 8.0h - Star, snip, RF Ermine, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: WCh. Double Cross (B) (Cross Roads (G/G) Chef-de-Race [I/C])
Out of: Caught In The Act (WCh. Highland Bandit (S)

I’ve been waiting for this foal forever it seems… I’m very excited about her! She carries lines to Cross Road (G/G) Chef-de-Race [I/C], Highland Rouge (G/G) Chef-de-Race [I/C] and What’s It Worth (G/G) Chef-de-Race [I/C]!!! This is Caught In The Act’s first foal… Caught In The Act will be visiting Silver Charm for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]11 Fillies / [color=blue]11 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 11 left to Foal…

We had a bit of an early arrival this morning…

[color=red]Amber Crown
Dark Bay - Filly - 8.2h - Blaze, RH Sock, LH Coronet
Sired by:Ch. Mr. Townsend (B)
Out of: Forever A Queen

We recently purchased Forever A Queen… Amber Crown is her first foal… Forever A Queen will visit GCh. Akhetnaten for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]12 Fillies / [color=blue]11 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 10 left to Foal…

^ Love the name :slight_smile:

With Finals, Spring Break and me having Broncitis… I’ve missed announcing a few foals… so here they are…

[color=blue]Royal King Cyrus
Black - Colt - 9.0h - Stripe, RF Ermine, RH Ermine, LH Ermine
Sired by: ICh. Stressed (Secretariat (S/S) Chef-de-Race (I)
Out of: Carrie Candoit

This is Carrie’s third foal also her third colt… Carrie Candoit will visit ICh. Alley Cat for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]Tears Of The Moon
Black - Filly - 9.1h - Star, snip, RH Coronet, LH Coronet
Sired by: GCh. Highland Laird (S) (Highland Rouge (G/G) Chef-de-Race (I/C)
Out of: Seattle Sunrise (Seattle Slew (S/S) Chef-de-Race (I)

I had named this filly something else that was really awesome… but alas server troubles lost it and I couldn’t remember what it was… So Tears Of The Moon is very well bred… you just can’t go to wrong crossing laird on Seattle Slew! This is Seattle Sunrise’s first foal… Seattle Sunrise will visit Smart Strike for her 2014 foal…

[color=blue]The Gambler
Black - Colt - 9.2h - Star, snip, RF Ermine, RH Sock, LH Coronet
Sired by: WCh. As You Wish (WCh. Secret of Love (G)
Out of: Lady Gambler (S)

The Gambler is 1/2 to MSW Ch. Iblis, SW’s Ch. Jungle Love, GCh. Gambler’s Road and SP Ch. ante Up, Straight Slew and Ch. Absolute Addiction… Lady Gambler will visit NCh. Highland Wizard for her 2014 foal…

[color=red]13 Fillies / [color=blue]13 Colts / [color=brown]1 Stillborn / [color=green]1 Broodmare Retired… 7 left to Foal…

I was really hoping I wouldn’t have to post in the 2013 foals again this year… but Apple Pie just couldn’t wait 2 weeks to foal…

Yesterday Morning we discovered Apple Pie (A. P. Indy (G/G) Chef-de-Race (I) x Sugary Lips (G)) had delivered a stunning colt by WCh. Highland Bandit (S)… and at 2 weeks earlt he’s a big boy standing 9.0 hh… so let us introduce our last foal of 2013 (we hope there are several more due on the first!)…

High Octane
2013 - Bay - 9.0 hh
Blaze, RF Blaze, LF Blaze, RH Blaze, LH Coronet (ok this is not right!)
Sired by: WCh. Highland Bandit (S)
Out of Apple Pie: (A. P. Indy (G/G) Chef-de-Race (I) x Sugary Lips (G))

I’m excited about this colt… we wanted to try something new by crossing Bandit onto an A. P. Indy daughter… if he lives up to his breeding he should be a monster on the track… unfortunately we will not be bringing him out as a 2 yo…

Ooof…that’s what I’m hoping doesn’t happen to me.  I bought a mare not long ago that’s due on the 4th.  Congrats on your new baby though!

Great name! Cute baby, too bad its too early :frowning: