2025 Black Storm Foals

Off to a busy start with fillies taking the early lead.

IN THE WOODS, 7.1h bay colt
ICh. Blue Smoke (B) x Highland Flower - GCh. Highland Laird (S)
Born more than a week early, this boy is tiny but thankfully momma and baby are doing just fine. Dam set 2 speed records at SC, and is half to 1 gold mare and 3 silver mares. Highland Flower will visit Venture His Due next.

QUEEN’S DAFFODIL, 9.1h dark grey filly
ICh. Belanso (S) x Kew Garden - Rahy (S)
Fifth foal for multi-winning dam. Kew Garden is half to a gold mare and is currently for sale.

STORYBOOKROMANCE, 9.1h bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Medieval Romance - NCh. Golden Text
Dam wasn’t much on the track, but Medieval Romance is half to two MSW’s and her dam is half to NCh. Eighteen Karat. Hoping a Danzig x Golden Text cross will yield something shiny. Medieval Romance will likely visit a RL stud once they’re available.

HATPIN, 9.0h black colt
ICh. Quarren (S) x One Day Early - WCh. What’s Debatable (G)
Dam is half to 3 MSW’s. One Day Early will visit Venture His Due next.

FOGGY BOTTOM, 9.0h dark grey filly
ICh. Belanso (S) x Snow Garden - GCh. Secretsarebound
First foal for MSP dam. Snow Garden will visit Golden Text for 2026.

PROMISE OF POWER, 9.1h dark grey filly
GCh. Mantle of Power (S) x Ch. Tiara Tango - GCh. High On Love (S)
Nice big filly. Half to 100% winners. Will hold off on breeding Tiara Tango, just because I’d like to send her to Dark Ages if he ends up retiring in the next couple months.

2 Colts | 4 Fillies

2 Likes

I was so paranoid my 12/31/24 mare would go early and she’s…just not interested. :laughing:

PEACOCK STREET, 9.3h blue roan filly
NCh. Holy Warrior (B) x Tottenham High St - GCh. Tottenham Hotspur
First foal for her dam, and very excited for a filly. Tottenham High St is half to four MSW’s including ICh. Calle de Oro. She will visit Nobly Regal for 2024.

URNAYR, 9.3h dapple grey colt
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Ch. Uninspired - Created
Third foal for SP dam. Keeping with the “Un” theme, he is named after a king from Caucasian Albania (now mostly present day Azerbaijan). Uninspired is for lease.

3 Colts | 5 Fillies

2 Likes

Love the name Peacock Street

Awesome names!

Congrats on a healthy Belanso filly! Love the name Storybookromance!

CARANUS, 9.2h flea-bitten grey colt
ICh. Dr. Evil (G) x Europa - Ch. Tryst of Fate
Caranus and Europa were both children of King Philip II of Macedonia (father of Alexander the Great, albeit with different mothers). Europa’s dam is half to gold-ranked Sacred Dancer. She will visit Straticus for 2026.

RING OUZEL, 9.1h black colt
ICh. Starling (S) x Old Ease - Point Given (S)
Named for a type of thrush bird, Ring Ouzel is the first foal for his dam. Old Ease is half to two MSW’s, and her dam is half to stallions AndLikeThatHesGone and Venture His Due. Old Ease is for sale.

5 Colts | 5 Fillies

1 Like

Happy to see the mare-retaining-foal code is fixed!

NIGHT OWL RECORDS, 9.3h dark grey filly
ICh. Belanso (S) x Ch. Night Owl Special - FFCh. High Chances (S)
Seems to be the year for Belanso fillies in the barn. First daughter for MSW dam. Night Owl Special is available for lease.

DRUNK PRIEST, 8.3h chestnut colt
NCh. Von Lichtenstein (S) x Sweet Ginger Brew - NCh. Eighteen Karat
Hard to say what he might do, as this is Sweet Ginger Brew’s first foal, none of her half-sisters are broodmares, and even the granddam only had one half-sister, who has never produced. Sweet Ginger Brew will visit Allinvain for 2026.

6 Colts | 6 Fillies

1 Like

MIGHTY FLEA, 10.0h bay colt
ICh. Blue Smoke (B) x Mosquito - GCh. Worth My While (G)
BIG boy! Oldest sibling just turned two, so interested to see how they do this year. Mosquito is available for lease.

PRETTY MISTAKE, 9.0h dark bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Youthful - Created
Both parents have done well on turf and dirt, so fingers crossed she’ll be talented somewhere. Youthful is for sale.

7 Colts | 7 Fillies

1 Like

Love the name Pretty Mistake!

Colts quickly took over last night.

NEVER SATISFIED, 8.2h chestnut colt
ICh. First Born Son (S) x Ch. Altuzarra - FFCh. I’m No Fool
Named because I went through probably 500 names for this colt, hated them all, and you can’t go wrong with a Hamilton reference. Dam is half to two gold mares, including the dam of stud-qualified NCh. Flames of Passion. Altuzarra will visit Nobly Regal next.

EXTRA FROSTING, 9.1h dark grey filly
Frosted x Ch. Diamond Etched - NCh. Bellagio
First foal for MSW Diamond Etched, a half-sister to two other MSW’s. Diamond Etched will visit Nobly Regal next.

HADRIANUS, 9.2h strawberry roan colt
NCh. Straticus x Hillsborough - Created
A VERY flashy strawberry roan. Hillsborough is for sale.

MANTLE OF FLAME, 8.3h dark bay colt
NCh. Too Stressful x Ch. Mantle of Honor - GCh. Mantle of Power
Dam is half to NCh. Ancient Magic, and 3 other MSW’s including GCh. Ancient Warrior whom we are trying to get stud-qualified. Mantle of Honor will visit Dark Ages when he retires.

OSCAR NOMINEE, 8.0h chestnut colt
NCh. LiveLong&Prosper x Ch. Rosette - ICh. What’s Your Point
Another first foal! We had actually bred Rosette, which is always wild when you realize you’re on a third generation. Rosette is half to stud-qualified GCh. Honeydukes and will visit Ablative Armour for 2025.

ROSES REQUIRED, 9.2h chestnut filly
ICh. Demand the Best (B) x Rosie Clocked Out - NCh. Clockstopper
Fingers crossed for this Crystal Rainbow x Highland Pride cross. Rosie Clocked Out is for sale.

11 Colts | 9 Fillies

3 Likes

Mord’sith, my one December-due mare, continues to hold out.

HONEY BITTERS. 8.2h mahogany bay filly
NCh. Glorious Victory x Ch. Aggressive Honey - GCh. Dixie Time
First foal for SW/MSP dam. Unclear how she might turn out as Dixie Time is unproven as a broodmare sire and Aggressive Honey’s half sisters haven’t produced any foals. Will visit Venture His Due for 2026.

MOSTLY VOID. 9.1h black colt
ICh. Blue Smoke (B) x Black Clouds (S) - The Black (S)
Half to MSW Ch. Midnight Hour and SW Bespeckled. Black Clouds will visit Straticus for 2026.

SPEAKINGINTONGUES. 8.1h dark bay filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Ch. Scottish Brogue (B) - NCh. Slew O’Scots (S)
Expected to do better at 3+. Intrigued by a Danzig x Slew O’Scots cross. Scottish Brogue will visit Dr. Evil next.

11 Colts | 9 Fillies

*Just realized my Stable Overview says I have 23 weanlings, and when I did a search I actually have 12 colts and 11 fillies, but 11:9 is the ratio my Recent Foals page gives.

CHERRYBARK, 9.2h blue roan filly
NCh. Fight The Twilight (B) x Ch. Cherries Jubilee - ICh. Take Me Away
My Cherry girls continue throwing me roans and I love it (starting with Cherry Cheesecake, a strawberry roan I own, and now her daughter Cherries Jubilee, also a strawberry, who has now given me two roan foals). Cherries Jubilee was a MSW and is half to two other MSW’s. Undecided who she might visit, will depend on who retires in the next couple months.

SMOKE BREAK, 8.3h mahogany bay filly
ICh. Blue Smoke (B) x Only Wonder - ICh. Prince Of Wonder
Second foal for her MSWP dam. Granddam is platinum-ranked Don’t Ask. Only Wonder will visit I’m No Fool for 2026.

SNOWSQUALL, 8.0h dark bay colt
Thunder Snow x Tough Space - Candy Ride
First foal for his dam. Dam did not start until she was 4, winning 3 of 5 then flattening out, so hard to say what he might do. Tough Space will visit Straticus for 2026.

13 Colts | 13 Fillies

1 Like

Love all the names esp Cherrybark!

PLUM PUDDING, 8.0h blue roan filly
NCh. Nobly Regal (S) x Chartres Blue - WCh. Strider (S)
This little girl wasn’t due until February! Meanwhile, my December mare and a couple others continue to be 10+ days late. Her oldest half-sib is a 3yo of this year who was multi-placed at 2. Chartres Blue will visit Dark Ages when he retires.

13 Colts | 14 Fillies

More February babies.

WANDERWELL, 8.0h dark bay filly
NCh. Franco Classico x Wanderlust (G) - Created
Half to MSW GCh. Itinerant. Wanderlust will visit Venture His Due next.

13 Colts | 15 Fillies

2 Likes

nice name!

Lovely fillies!

CATH SITH, 9.0h dark grey filly
NCh. Holy Warrior (B) x Mord’Sith - GCh. Must Be Magic (S)
My December mare finally dropped! She was a maiden, so I guess it’s good she was 16 days late instead of 16 days early. Mord’Sith is SP and set a speed record over turf, and is half to 3 MSW’s including gold-ranked Ch. Marie de Guise and silver-ranked Ch. Spectacular Queen. She will visit Venture His Due for 2026.

13 Colts | 16 Fillies

3 Likes

Pair of small February foals arrived in the night.

CAMILLA, 8.0h dark bay filly
NCh. Space Chips x Ch. Calindra - GCh. Secretsarebound
First foal for SW dam, and from the same damline as gold-ranked Etta James. Very excited as Space Chips was on fire with his first crop last year, and our only started Space Chips foal won 3 of 6 last year.

TAKE THE WORLD, 7.3h chestnut colt
NCh. Straticus x Ch. Reine de la Nuit - ICh. Long Live The King
Third foal and colt for her dam, who was a SW on the turf.

Both mares are for sale.

14 Colts | 17 Fillies

2 Likes

Yes, he now has 64% winners!! Beautiful filly, congratulations!

1 Like