2020 Clicker Lab foals

Crownette is the first like she was last year too. I will continue to name them alphabetically because it’s much easier to see who was born when on the list.

[color=red]A Room Of Her Own - 8.3h liver chestnut filly by Frankel, out of Ch. Crownette (Giant’s Causeway). She looks a lot like her big half sister, who was also this size on her birthday. I’m curious how Frankel’s first 2yo’s will do this year.

Ch. Crownette will be bred to Curlin.

[url=http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=34826][color=blue]

Lovely babies. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I noticed that the “fairy tale” theme is popular here so I renamed the filly to A Room Of Her Own (glad it wasn’t too long!) which is after Virginia Woolf’s famous quotation:  “a woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction”.

I like it. :slight_smile:

Apparently I don’t have so many mares overdue… I was looking at the ones that are due next year already… and today we welcomed a very special colt!

[color=blue]Bohemian Rhapsody - 10.0h chestnut colt by NCh. Al Mundhir, out of Easy Union. Both his parents are my lucky picks. I claimed Al Mundhir from Final Furlong, and raced him until he became stud qualified. And I picked Easy Union from a dispersal sale for only $1,000; then she earned her gold breeding ranking. Her first multiple stakes winner and a firstborn was Ch. Easy to Fool, a filly by Foolhardy. Sadly she died after delivering her first foal. Easy Union has six other colts and an unraced filly. One of the colts, Ch. El Padrino is a full brother to Easy to Fool and he had a very successful 2yo year.

Now I’m planning to breed Easy Union to WCh. Drum Major.

Nice colt - I’m surprised the name wasn’t taken!

Nice looking foal and nice name. He looks like he is going to be a giant, like his half-brother, El Padrino, who is already 17.3h and he’s only a 3YO (he actually won’t be 3 until the end of February).

I raced El Padrino as a Lease last year and he was a pleasure to train and race. He ended the year (his 2YO year) with a record of 4 Wins (including 2 SW) in 8 starts, never finishing worse than 3rd, and $659,000 in earnings. My biggest disappointment is that I won’t get to race Pad this year (if you change your mind, let me know

Maybe! El Padrino was only 9.1h on his birthday, although he was even more overdue, and his sire Foolhardy is much taller than Al Mundhir. And I’m also very surprised that the name wasn’t taken!

Lovely Colt

Lovely Foals, Gratz!

Another little colt; he waited over a week longer for his birthday.

[color=blue]Blossom Trail - 8.0h bay colt by Frankel, out of GCh. Embellished (GCh. Harvard Bound). He is the first foal of his dam. I bought Embellished at the 2015 Annual Select Auction, and waited till her 3rd birthday to start racing her, as she was very tiny as a 2yo. She ran 50 races, also at stakes level, and scored a speed record on turf in 2017. I named the colt after reading about Fresno County Blosssom Trail in the news; what a lovely idea to bring people together!

GCh. Embellished will be bred to Invasor.

While one mare is now almost two weeks overdue, this one was due three weeks later.

[color=blue]Conde de Cabra - 9.0h light bay colt by NCh. Al Mundhir, out of GCh. The Woman In Black (Black Gold). I raced both his parents and they both won the Gr. 3 Discovery Handicap (in 2015 and 2016), among their other stakes wins. “Conde de cabra” is a noble rank which used to be awarded by the king Henry IV of Castile. The name refers to the municipality of Cabra which is part of C

Haha, Earl of the Goat. Sounds much more impressive in spanish!

Lovely colt, hope he can win the Discovery Handicap as well and carry on the legacy.

Another colt! And the first tiny baby from Al. He’s born almost three weeks early; hopefully he will catch up soon.

[color=blue]Contra Corriente - 7.3h bay colt by NCh. Al Mundhir, out of Ch. Sugar ‘n’ Spice (created). I bought the mare at the 2018 Annual Select Auction, in foal to GCh. My Lucky Day. Contra Corriente is her second foal. The name means “against the tide”.

Ch. Sugar ‘n’ Spice will be bred to Frankel.

He’s lovely, love all his socks.

Thanks! Two cute babies today, and one is a filly!

[color=red]Don’t Fret - 8.3h strawberry roan filly with four stockings. By Animal Kingdom, out of I’m Not Pink (created). I sold her dam and then bought her back when she earned her silver ranking.

I’m Not Pink will be bred to Frankel.

[color=blue]Do-Gooder - 8.2h bay colt by FFCh. High Chances, out of Ch. Cordially (NCh. Diplomat). His dam has two winners so far, and a speed record on dirt. This is her third foal at Clicker Lab.

Ch. Cordially will be bred to NCh. Al Mundhir.

Lovely foals.

Love the names. :slight_smile:

Love the names.  Good luck with the HC colt!

Now a little girl.

[color=red]Elf Yourself - 7.2h grey filly by ICh. Ring of Fire, out of Steal the Show (Silver Legend). All her ancestors are silver ranked except for the reine Playing With Fire, who is platinum. I hope it means that she’ll inherit some talents! Her dam’s foals are all winners, one stakes winner champion and two stakes placed.

Steal the Show returns to her owner Fox Run.