2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals

The first of 90 popped out very early…

[color=red]JUST CAN’T WAIT arrived on December 22. She is a gorgeous dark grey filly standing at 8.0h. She is by WCh. I’M YOUR ANGEL (S) and out of Ch. HIGHLAND FERN (S). All of her dam’s foals have been winners with one MSW, one SW and two SP. I’ll probably sell this one as don’t have the patience to wait, plus I own her SW half-sister. Highland Fern will see Dr. Evil next year.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 1 foaled (0 [color=blue]colts, 1 [color=red]filly), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 89 foals left for 2016

Congrats on a healthy arrival :slight_smile: hope the rest keep their legs crossed for you :slight_smile:

Ouch. Glad everyone’s healthy. =) Here’s hoping everyone else waits the week and a bit.

Two arrived today…

[color=red]FLYING PRINCESS is a chestnut filly standing at 9.1h. She is by Prince of Wonder and out of Finest Flyer (incidentally also foaled on January 1). Her dam didn’t do too much on the track but has nice enough lines. This is her second surviving foal.

[color=blue]SKY FATHER is black colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Baiame. This is her first foal. In Australian Aboriginal mythology Baiame was the Creator God and Sky Father in the dreaming. Baiame was an okay runner - she won two stakes at Grade Two level as a 2YO.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 3 foaled (1 [color=blue]colt, 2 [color=red]filly), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 87 foals left for 2016

Not sure what is going on with my broodmares, but I’ve got 93 with 90 left to foal but my stable overview says only 87 left. I’ll run off that for now and we’ll see!

Yeah, mine’s off too. I’m just going to chalk it up to a drunk BM who can’t count.

Cute foals. Like the flying theme. =)

Thanks. I’m dreading the cost of this year’s breeding season… Just started sending some through. 106 mares (possibly more) is going to murder the finances.

Two again today…

[color=red]VOLCANIC is a black filly standing at 9.1h. She is by Ring of Fire and out of A Pharaoh’s Victory. Her dam was a multiple stakes winner up to Grade One level and finished her career with a Grand Champion title. This is her first foal and she is going back to Ring of Fire this year.

[color=blue]GOD OF WAR is a light bay colt standing at 9.0h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Andarta. In Celtic polytheism, Andarta was a warrior goddess worshipped in southern Gaul, hence the name. His dam is very well bred and was multiple stakes placed up to Grade One level finishing her career with a Champion title. She’s off to TakeMeToHollywood this season.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 5 foaled (2 [color=blue]colts, 3 [color=red]fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 85 foals left for 2016

Nice babies… Like the name Volcanic, does that mean she’ll erupt on the scene? hehehe…

A pair of boys arrived…

[color=blue]I WAS HERE is a bay colt standing at 8.2h. He is by As You Wish and out of French Kiss. His dam finished with an International Champion title after winning 11 stakes. This is her first foal. Quite excited about this one.

[color=blue]SHEIKH is a dark bay colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Ornaran. His dam was an average running winning up to allowance level. Will most likely sell this colt.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 7 foaled (4 [color=blue]colts, 3 [color=red]fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 83 foals left for 2016

Handsome buggers.  Good luck with them!

Three more to report!

[color=blue]AS YOU PROMISED arrived on January 3 and is a bay colt standing tall at 10.2h. He is by As You Wish. His dam is Promised Union who was a nice runner winning three stakes up to Grade One level and finished with a Champion title. This is her first foal.

[color=red]LANVIN arrived on January 5 and is a chestnut filly standing at 9.2h. She’s very well bred being by Strider and out of Chloe. Chloe was fantastic runner who really excelled in her 3YO season winning six stakes, four at Grade One level. She finished titled as a Grand Champion. This is her first foal. I’ve named this filly after one of my favorite French fashion labels (Chloe is another French brand). This one is a keeper!

[color=blue]MIDNIGHT RAIDER arrived on January 5 and is a bay colt also standing tall at 10.2h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Midnight Bandit. His dam was a decent runner being stakes placed up to Grade One level. This is her first foal.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 10 foaled (6 [color=blue]colts, 4 [color=red]fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 80 foals left for 2016

Nice names!

Seconded

Thank you!

It’s looking like another colt year…

[color=blue]ILLUMINATOR is a bay colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Kohinoor. His dam was a multiple winner on the track. This is her first foal.

[color=red]RED ASSASSIN is a chestnut filly standing at 8.3h. She is by Dark Demand and out of Bounty Hunter. Her dam was a stakes winner at 2YO and at 3YO including a Grade One win. She retired with Champion status. This is her first foal.

[color=blue]CALLOWAY is a chestnut colt standing at 9.2h. He is by All Jazzed Up and out of Easy Decision. His dam was a fantastic racer winning 14 stakes and achieving World Champion status. She’s well bred too being out of a Gold-rated mare (Easy Livin’) and by Affirmed. This is her first foal. I named him after the famous jazz artist Cab Calloway. I’m excited by this one and will watch All Jazzed Up’s first progeny to race this year with interest!

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 13 foaled (8 [color=blue]colts, 5 [color=red]fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 80 foals left for 2016

You and me both!

Congrats on the Dark Demand filly… she’s a stunner… good luck with her…

Love the names, especially RED ASSASSIN

Another colt today!

[color=blue]FLOTA DE INDIAS is a dark bay colt standing at 9.0h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Flute. Flute was lightly raced, but managed a couple of stakes placings up to Grade One level. This is her third foal, her first races this year. I’m not sure I love his name, but he was named after the Spanish treasure fleets (or West Indies Fleet from Spanish Flota de Indias) which sailed from the Spanish Empire in the Americas to Spain. Also, a flute is a Dutch type of sailing vessel. So Strike It Rich and Flute kind of produced this. :-\

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 14 foaled (9 [color=blue]colts, 5 [color=red]fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 79 foals left for 2016