2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals

I like the name. :slight_smile:

Great! Name stays! :wink:

So do I, very fitting. And I’ve just finished spanish history so I know what a Flota is :slight_smile:

Haha, we have similar methods when thinking of names. Very good one btw.  Your crop is really shaping up great!

Haha, more Spanish connections :wink:

The first stillborn of the year and two colts… Seriously need some fillies to come along!

[color=red]UNNAMED was a filly by Strike It Rich and out of Act Like Royalty. She didn’t make it after a tricky birth. Mum is doing well though.

[color=blue]ADVENTUROUS is a bay colt standing at 8.3h. He is by Foolhardy and out of Mysterious Miss. He is the first foal of his dam. She was a fantastic runner who achieved National Champion status from 2YO through 4YO up to Grade One level. She’s off to Foolhardy’s son I’m No Fool this year.

[color=blue]FLYING SCOTSMAN is a bay colt standing at a very tall 10.2h. He is by What’s Debatable and out of Highland Black. Highland Black was a decent runner a while back who managed to win two stakes under the old game format. All her foals are winners and this is her first foal in four years. She’s off to Foolhardy this season. The Flying Scotsman is a train service that has been running between London and Edinburgh since 1862.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 17 foaled (11 [color=blue]colts, five [color=red]fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 79 foals left for 2016

Sorry about the filly, but glad that Act Like Royalty is doing well. And the colts are fabulous! I love Flying Scotsman.

Nice colts, sorry about your filly

A filly!

[color=red]AWAKENING is a chestnut filly by Strike It Rich and out of Reveille. She is currently standing at 8.1h. Her dam was a multiple stakes winner at 2YO up to Grade One level who unfortunately didn’t fire as a 3YO. This is her first foal. Reveille is a bugle call, trumpet call or pipes call most often associated with the military or summer camp; it is chiefly used to wake military personnel at sunrise. And that’s where I got the name! Had Dawn in front of Awakening, but don’t think it worked that well. Anyway, Reveille has been shipped off to see As You Wish this year.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 18 foaled (11 [color=blue]colts, six [color=red]fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 78 foals left for 2016

Whoo fillies! Lovely name.

I like Awakening better than Dawn Awakening. :slight_smile: Good luck with her!

90 foals this year… holy smokes Jase!  I only have 63 due this year and that is still A LOT!  :wink:  Love all the names so far too.

Love the name

Next year will be worse. 111 mares and counting!

Another filly!

[color=red]REDEEMER is a flea-bitten grey filly standing at 9.0h. She is by Gimme A Shot who had some success with early progeny but hasn’t fired for a while. Her dam is Redemption who was a multiple stakes winner up to Grade One level and finished her career titled a Grand Champion. She is well bred with Highland Rogue on her damline. She has three raced foals, two are stakes placed. She’s been sent to Nightfight.

[hr][/hr]
Summary: 19 foaled (11 [color=blue]colts, seven [color=red]fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 77 foals left for 2016

Nice baby! I remember Redemption from her racing days.

Thanks!

Out of interest, is this below stable specific?

:wink:

It’s dynamic. So mine say’s Stillwater Farms’s Champion.

Nice foal

Love the name Redeemer. =)