1/2/25

Not bad for first day of the season.

Shows:
Praise Be (3yo, Express Yourself) in the Appleton Handicap (Gr. 3)
GCh. Archipelago (4yo, Quarren) in the El Conejo Handicap (Ungr.)

Wow, should races run so early? Also the home page says that only 8 races were run today.

I’m guessing it’s something that’s been triggered when Shanthi had to reboot everything. I’ve realised I won my claim but the filly’s showing as her last race being last month with no record of today’s race.

Both my boys were in Stakes though so it looks like all/most of today’s races have run.

Final Furlong’s home page still says “8 races were run today with 80 horses.”.

In my results: I won a claimer on Jolly Gold, but her last race is 11/14, I sold Quatsch in a claimer, but her recent race is 12/16, but her owner is Allegro Thoroughbreds (who claimed her, I guess), and my Stable Race Results For January 2nd, 2025 only shows the result of Ruthless Stakes which is race #43. Help, @Shanthi !

I don’t even have a “you had x horses run today” button. I had to find rough results via my Budget.

All I know is Straticus had two colts win their 3yo debuts, Sugarfoot won her stakes, and Fivel was third in his stakes.

Happy new FF year! So sorry, Shanthi. :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

My Stable Overview page says “Your stable had 3 horses race on January 2, 2025” (I had 10 horses entered), but, when I try to look at the race results, they all say"There were no races run on this date".

I am using a Windows 10 laptop but when I try it on my iPhone, I get the same thing.

So I have enough info to (hopefully) resurrect races 1-42 and re-run them (no idea what happened to them as the logs show results), but it will take a while. :frowning:

3 Likes

Does that mean those races could have different results if they’re run again? And would winning claims be affected?

Yes, the results will be different.

I honestly haven’t even thought about claims - it’s probably going to mean that whoever did the claim gets credit for the horse’s result, but honestly I can’t be bothered to try and figure out how to undo that at this point.

OK, races 1-42 have been run, and the bug behind it has been fixed.

I manually changed the ownership of the claimed horses back and forth, so they should have run with their old owners but now be with their new owners.

I think the budgets will probably be messed up but honestly…count it as a New Year’s bonus to anyone who got free money from the first set of races that didn’t save.

2 Likes

Maybe races ran correctly now… and I’m quite happy about the results!

Wins:
Irrtum (3yo, Space Chips) in a NW3 Allowance
Quatsch (3yo, Space Chips) in a claiming race - and got claimed
Ch. Natalma (5yo, All Jazzed Up) in the Ruthless Stakes (Ungr.) - well, maybe she’ll run some more!

Places:
Tiz Away (3yo, Away The Lads) in a NW1 Allowance
Rhizome (3yo, Al Mundhir) in a maiden

Shows:
Ganz Egal (3yo, Space Chips) in a NW1 Allowance
Raserei (3yo, Al Mundhir) in a NW1 Allowance

Fourths:
Ch. Fool For Flowers (6yo, I’m No Fool) in the Ruthless Stakes (Ungr.) - and she’s retiring to broodmare

Fifths:
Jolly Gold (3yo, Moonopoly) in a claiming race - most of Moonopoly’s offspring is not impressive, but Jolly Gold dam is extraordinary as a broodmare.

Also Rans:
Zissa (3yo, Allinvain) 6th in a NW2 Allowance

Went from 2 winning Straticus sons to 1 bombed…and the other isn’t even a Straticus because can’t read. Pending two stakes results (I fully expect my 1st and 3rd finishes to be…10th and 11th haha).

@Shanthi Looks like my horses are randomly showing as having raced multiple times on their Races overview page (ex: Solid Rest shows he’s 3 for 3 this year until you click on 2025, then it’s just today’s race).

8-2-3-0-1 $79,600 (pending 2 more races)

Wins:
Solid Rest (3yo, Silver Wizard) in a NW2 Allowance
Abeja Reina (5yo, Bellagio) in an Allowance

Places:
Grimalkin (3yo, Starling) in an Allowance
Silverdown (3yo, Prince Of Wonder) in a claiming race and stays home
Mandalay Bay (3yo, Blue Smoke) in an Allowance

Fourths:
Madeleine (3yo, Edinburgh) in a NW1 Allowance

Fifths:
Stratocruiser (3yo, Straticus) in an Allowance

Also Rans:
Quarren Silver (3yo, Quarren) 6th in a maiden

I also noticed some of my horses that raced today have 2 or 3 races listed for this year already, but when you click on 2025 it’s just today’s race.

Only had one horse entered today as I try to navigatea world without my own computer (mine died on Christmas, so have been using my husband’s to build and print paper records), and it’s starting to look like that was a good thing. Not complaining about the results, but like others, Novelist’s race record says he ran 3 races this year but only has results for 1. Also, those finish times are crazy slow, even for young horses. I’m assuming that’s one of the consequences of the bug that messed up the races?

Shows:
Novelist (3yo, Unabridged) in a NW3 Allowance

I had entered 10 horses for today’s racing but only three of them ran. I never cancelled the entries and the entry fees for the missing runners are still showing up (as well as the fees for two of them coming out of my budget twice).

I had entered 10 horses for today’s racing but only three of them ran. I never cancelled the entries and the entry fees for the missing runners are still showing up (as well as the fees for two of them coming out of my budget twice).

Races 1-42 ran, but Shanthi is still working on those final 8. If your missing 7 are in stakes races that’s probably what’s going on.

No. The 3 that did run were in Race 45. It was the other 7 that didn’t run. I looked at the results of those earlier races and my horses weren’t in any of them, even though they had been entered.

The races were 14, 18, 20 (2 entered) and 21 (3 entered).

Wins:
Blue Cashmere (3yo, Blue Smoke) in a NW1 Allowance
Laurentide Ice (3yo, Exit Poll) in a claiming race

Places:
Shanagolden (3yo, Irish Gold) in a NW2 Allowance

Shows:
Sedgefield (3yo, Belanso) in a NW1 Allowance

Fourths:
Springbok (3yo, Bellagio) in a claiming race

I’m not sure what happened - I went off the log of the races originally run to re-create entries. I’m not going to try and re-do that again, so I think those 7 horses will just have to race another day. Sorry!

FYI I’m not still working on any races - the original 8 ran fine (because the bug was with non-stakes races).