Yes! I've reached my goal!!

New or not, I still hear the same thing from EVERY person: Don’t run stakes if you can run allowances (with better win %)

It has even been said (and proven!) you can earn more with, say, an allowance 2nd than some stakes 5ths. Even I have been skittish around the stakes this year, only racing my horses who have won consistently. I’ve heard various training techniques being used, but I still like to run with high Energy and Fitness. Rest is key as well, so I’m late to find out :stuck_out_tongue: Being stubborn has killed me mainly in this game.

Horses with a nice Natural Energy tend to be nicer in races than those with little NE.

lol my apologies, Rufus. You just got basically two completely different replies!

But take a little bit from everything you read from the big stables (like posts made by Cat; she usually has very good threads about breeding, racing, etc.) and see what works for you =)

I actually agree with you a bit Bam! I only have one or two horses that I frequently enter in a stakes race. Some that I will enter just to see if they are progressing any. Most of my horses stay in the Allowence area.

Wow.  Thanks!  It’s funny to think that anyone would actually want to listen to me…  =) 

But these days, I think I’m a tad too old school for this brand new code.  Gotta sit up and learn once I get internet at my new apartment (haven’t been super, super active since June-ish due to traveling and moving).  Then you’ll all be in trouble!  >:D

Pssh…bring it on! Blackfoot is almost undefeatable! Haha! ;D