Worthy Victor Retired

It is with sadness that we announce that NCh. Worthy Victor was retired by the game. He was 15. As a racehorse, he won 14 races, (11 SW - 5 G1W) and had earnings of $4,732,500. As a stallion, he has produced 195 runners so far, with 138 winners, 44 SW, 16 MSW, 6 millionaires, and his progeny have earned an average of $202,043. He was Silver ranked (4.0) and was Chef-de-Race (I). He has one son, Quiet Sea who is one SW away from being stud-qualified for Sakura Springs.

Because of this premature retirement, any mares bred to him on or after April 10th this year will be unbred, also any breeding slots scheduled for after this date will have to be rescheduled to another stallion. Apart from 7 of our mares who I will have to find new ‘mates’ for, the following outside mares will also be affected by this:-

Allegro Thoroughbreds - First Try Out (already bred) and Cosmic High (booked for Aug 2)
Gotapa Racing - Super Victory (booked for May 1)

1 Like

Sad to hear about his retirement! He was a very solid stud, giving me MSW and multi-millionaire Ch. Foxcatcher who just retired this year, and SW/MSP Ch. Hard Candy who is a broodmare in our herd. We currently have a 2yo in training by him.

Hopefully Quiet Sea can make the cut.

Sorry to hear this! He’s a personal fav. Crossing fingers for Quiet Sea!

Sad to hear this! Thankfully I’ll have a 1 foal by him from an earlier crop. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll see to re-arranging Super Victory’s breeding.

Sorry to hear that. I have a very nice 3yo filly by him, Coastal Elite out of gold ranked NCh. Enyo. She won her debut maiden race and was stakes placed as a 2yo. This year she won only once and didn’t feel like racing since then, but hopefully she’ll bounce back…
There is also a weanling filly Itzcalli born just last week, so for sure someone will continue the line at Clicker Lab.

So sad to hear this! Really trying to convince Quiet Sea to put forth a tiny bit more effort. We’re so close!

Sorry to hear this Lewis.

Leah,

I couldn’t give you a May 1 breeding for Super Victory but put her in for a May 2 breeding instead.

Bummer, I’m sorry to hear that. Worthy Victor was one of my personal favorites, and I was planning to send a few more broodmares to him this year. :cry: Luckily I already have a few broodmares and foals from him.

I’m no sure what my plan for Cosmic High is yet, but could I switch First Try Out’s breeding to the Mar 3A slot to LiveLong&Prosper please?

Unfortunately, as we are in April now, it is not possible to schedule any breedings for March. The earliest opening for LiveLong&Prosper is Jun 1.

What a bummer – he was one of my favorites. He will be missed!

1 Like

:rofl: I don’t know what I was thinking, I don’t know what month it is apparently. The June 1 spot is fine, thank you!

I have given First Try Out a June 1 slot with LiveLong&Prosper and included the 50%discount for her being a Starfish-bred mare.

1 Like

That’s absolutely fine, thank you!