What's Debatable

We are sad to announce that [color=blue]WCh. What’s Debatable passed away this morning at the ripe old age of 21.

As a racehorse, he won 12 out of his 21 races, including 8 SW (they weren’t broken down by Grades back then), never once finishing outside the first 3 in any of his races. He had total earnings of $1.6m and had 3 Speed Records.  In 2005 as a 4YO, he won 7 out of his 8 races, all Stakes races, finishing 2nd in the other one. All of his races were on Dirt.

He was Retired to Stud in 2006, his first crop being born in 2007. He produced 145 racers, with 121 of them winning at least one race. He had 46 SW, of which 30 were MSW and had 18 Millionaires, and average earnings of just over $386k.
He seemed to be a better sire of fillies than colts as he had 20 female MSW as against 10 male.

As a Sire, his ranking was Silver (5.5) and as a Broodmare Sire, he was Gold (5.7). His last crop were born in 2017 and then he was Retired. None of his sons have made it to Stallion Status, however, a number of his daughters are active Broodmares who will carry on his lineage.

While he seemed to be enjoying his Retirement, it was noticeable from the beginning of this year that his health was deteriorating and he passed away peacefully during the night.

Sorry to hear of his passing. We have some lovely mares by him and hope they’ll continue his legacy.

Sorry to hear of his passing, he’s definitely been around forever! I’m surprised I have no descendants of his (at least within 3 generations). Hopefully a grandson will qualify one day.

Sorry to hear that Lewis, have two of his foals including gold ranked broodmare [color=red]Undebatable and through her  via  [color=red]Elfstone our newest foal born today!
[color=red]ENELYë
NCh. Lucky Streak x Ch. Elfstone - WCh. Strider

I’m sorry to hear that, Lewis, he’s always been one of my favourites.

Sorry to hear this.