What happens if?

What happens if the reserve for the horse isn’t met? :'( Does it go back to the owner(Obviously!)? ::) Does the owner, during the course of the auction, have the option of lowering the reserve to sell the horse?  :-\ Just a few questions I had for the ones that I’ve bid on and not beat the reserves!!

Thanks

Myles

This has been asked before.  If the reserve is not met, the horse does not sell.  Owners cannot change reserve pricing during the auction.  If they decide to sell the horse for a lower price later, they can do so in a private auction or on the sales page.

Oops, sorry Shanthi. :'( As the younger generation says “my bad”. For us older generation the first thing to go is the memory!! Again, I’m sorry! As a follow up question to your answer, does this include Final Furlong owned horses? Or is it that once the Auction is over they revert back to FF ownership and deal making is strictly “verboten”…lol :-X

You got it. If the reserve is not met it goes back to the owner, and FF does not sell privately :wink:

So if the reserve price is not met on FF-owned auction horses, do they disappear, or are they shelved until Shanthi chooses to put them up for public sale again? I’d love to learn more about FF economics.

They simply return to Final Furlong stables at the end of the auction and continue to race for Final Furlong