Vaucluse Farms 4YO Gelding Auction

I will be holding an auction beginning March 14. It features six of my 4YO geldings. There is a 12 hour sale period on them. Links, records and reserves are listed below for you all. Hope that you see someone you’d like to own!

The MSWs are going at VERY good prices. They just need some more effort than what I’m willing to invest - my 3YOs and 4YO mares are running in the stakes a lot which is meaning these guys are getting shelved to allowance level and there aren’t too many open allowances in Australia.

[hr][/hr]

Ch. Basalt is a MSW (Gr.3) on both turf and dirt. He has a good record for the year currently at 6(2)-1-2-0-1(1) with $51,350 in earnings. His reserve is set at $77,000.

Day to Celebrate is a very well bred winner. His record for the year is 5(1)-1-3-0-0 with $32,000 in earnings. His reserve is set at $45,000.

Marrakech is stakes placed (Gr.3) and has a great record this year which is currently 5-2-0-3-0 with $46,000 in earnings. His reserve is set at $69,000.

Ch. Mauna Loa is a MSW (Gr.1) also with a fantastic stakes record this year. When he won his Grade One last year, he also set a speed record. His record for 2015 is 7(4)-0-3(1)-0-3(2) with $83,050 in earnings. His reserve is set at $125,000.

Ch. Ragazzo is a SW (Gr.3) who is running well this year with a Grade Two stakes placing. His record this year is 5(1)-0-1(1)-1-0 with $45,050 in earnings. His reserve is set at $67,500.

Resume is a fantastically bred winner who has won two allowances this year. His record for 2015 is 5(1)-2-1-0-0 with $48,100 in earnings. His reserve is set at $72,000.

Apparently, I should charge far more for geldings. :wink: Anything I don’t think has potential to be a stud, or isn’t on the way to studship by age 3 gets gelded and thrown on the sales page for $5k.

Usually the same for me too - but I think with the right owner, each of these guys could be in the stakes winners circle this year - definitely being sold early enough in their 4YO year to work their magic! :wink:

We’ll see how it goes. :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t mean to imply yours weren’t worth the reserves :wink:, just that I should be less lazy.

I know :slight_smile: And yes, you do give em away at rock bottom prices!

Hi all!

Auction has started! Reserves listed above.

Happy bidding!