Usain Bolt retired

Stillwater Farms is sad to announce the sudden retirement of our younger stallion, Usain Bolt. He is only 10.

Bolt has been enjoying the end of the breeding season, but was enjoying himself a bit too much and sustained a serious injury in the field. The vets recommended no further breeding duties for him, so he will live out the remainder of his (hopefully long) life on the farm.

Usain will have 5 crops once next year’s foals arrive, and we look forward to his foals carrying on his legacy.

Ouch, I’m so sorry! He was so young. I currently have a yearling on the ground and one expected foal next year. I will need to tweak a breeding plan or two.

Hoping there will be an heir somewhere in his 5 crops.

So sorry to hear! I was hoping to breed to him next year as I realized I didn’t have any foals by him. Hoping his 5 crops continue to perform well and hopefully I can snatch one up.

That’s my hope! He has 40 colts so far, fingers crossed at least one of them gets studified.

Sorry to see him retire so early.

So sorry to see him retired and so young. I’m happy to say I have 2 of his foals and a third Racehorse I recently bought at auction. He will be missed as a sire.

Oh, what a bummer, Shanthi! I’m so sorry to hear about this – he was so young and we were just beginning to see his foals on the track. He will be missed.