Upcoming races problem

I have noticed over the last couple of race days, that when I click on Upcoming Races, it is not showing all the races available for any of my horses. I have missed out on races, not a big deal though.

Ex:  Any horse in my barn, Candi Cane’s or Shadowbrook’s, is showing as No races available at Aqueduct till 1/10.
But, if you go to “Enter Races” and do it manually, there are actually quite a few choices for 1/3 & 1/7 for the majority of our horses.

I actually thought Aqueduct was on “shut down” for holidays as it was not showing up in Upcoming Races.
Shannon told me about it running and sure enough, there were races for my horses.

Wasn’t sure if you were aware of this or not.

Brenda, I noticed similar with a few of mine, seemed to be a problem with last years 3 year olds going to 4 year olds this year. The 3 yr old + races weren’t showing up.

Shouldn’t matter now with the change of year.

This bug was fixed yesterday, I believe.

I just checked and it is still doing it.
My new filly, Day Dream, is a 3 yo Maiden and there are at least 3 races she can go in on 1/7 and it doesn’t show anything for her under Upcoming Races till 1/10.

And it is on all horses, regardless of age or gender. 

What is this Upcoming races feature?

It is on your horse page. When you click on the button, it comes up with all the races that horse is qualified for over the next 30 days.

It is a really “sweet” feature Shanti added!

Is the Upcoming Races feature live now?  As in, if we enter a horse in advance, they’ll actually get entered into the race?

No, it has never been fully turned on.  When it is, there will be massive announcing (and hopefully rejoicing :stuck_out_tongue:).

The Upcoming Races button can be used for entering in the next 2 race days available.  If the Race days are not on the Enter Races page then you can’t enter.

Now, when I click on Upcoming Race button on any horse it shows this above the race list.
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=5381

or this:

testing: SELECT r.ID, r.Date, r.Num, t.Name AS Track, rt.Type, r.Name, rg.Grade, ra.Age, r.Distance, t.DTSC, r.Purse, r.Gender, rg.Abbr FROM ff_races r LEFT JOIN ff_nomraces nr ON r.ID = nr.Race LEFT JOIN ff_trackdata t ON r.Location = t.ID LEFT JOIN ff_race_types rt ON r.Type = rt.ID LEFT JOIN ff_race_grades rg ON r.Grade = rg.ID LEFT JOIN ff_race_ages ra ON r.Age = ra.ID WHERE r.Date > ‘2013-01-03’ AND r.Date <= ‘2013-02-02’ AND r.ID IS NOT NULL AND (r.Gender != ‘F’ OR r.Gender IS NULL) AND (ra.Age LIKE ‘%+’ OR ra.Age LIKE ‘%4%’) AND (rt.Type LIKE ‘Claiming%’ OR rt.Type = ‘Starter Allowance’ OR rt.Type = ‘Allowance’ OR rg.Grade = ‘Ungraded’ OR rg.Grade = ‘Grade 3’ OR rg.Grade = ‘Grade 2’ OR rg.Grade = ‘Grade 1’) ORDER BY r.Date, Track, r.Type
104 races were found in the next 30 days that Aces Again is qualified to enter.

Read the 2nd FAQ Question under Problems/Errors.