Unexpected Health Issue

At the end of Dec. I requested a mammogram as it had been a few years since my last one. It was scheduled the following week. There were some questions about an area, and I was then scheduled for an ultrasound. The results showed a mass. I was then sent back to get a biopsy of two areas. I had been playing phone tag with the Doc office and finally connected this morning. I was informed that I have an invasive carcinoma in my left breast. They are sending a request for consultation with a breast surgeon.

I got an appt. with the Breast Surgeon on Jan. 12th He said I have stage 1 metastatic breast cancer. I finally got through all those tests, and I got a call from Dr. Grady, Feb. 1st I had my pre-op I had an ekg and blood drawn. I’m all registered for surgery
Feb.2nd, I had an appt to get the wire inserted in the lump so they can locate it when they do the surgery
Feb. 3rd, I went to Nuclear Medicine to get an injection of dye, so the lump glows during surgery, then to the hospital for the surgery.
After a 4-hour surgery and 6-hour recovery I got to go home, and my hubby waited on me anything I needed, from helping me get to the bathroom and back to my chair then helping me take insulin shots. He wanted me to wake him up when I needed to go back to the bathroom, but it had been a few hours and I was now able to walk steadily, so I let him sleep.

Dr. Grady had called him after the surgery to let him know everything had gone well. so knew he was extremely tired, so I didn’t want to wake him.

After eating and sleeping a little more, I finally made my way to FF and found a couple more babies born they are posted under foals.

So just a little sore right now, and I have pain pills if I need to take them.

1 Like

I hope your recovery goes well Dee. I know there isn’t much we can do from here, but know we all support you and hope for the best.

1 Like

Physically, we can’t do anything but my wife and I will pray for you for healing and for you and your husband, as well as any other family members for the strength to cope with all of this.

1 Like

Best wishes for a good recovery Dee. Hope all goes smoothly from here on in.

1 Like

I hope you’ll feel better soon. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, take it easy.

1 Like

Wishing you all the best with recovery. :heart: I hope FF is a pleasant distraction for you. Definitely let us know how things are going if you feel able.

1 Like

Glad they were at least able to catch it early. Wishing you a swift recovery!

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Feel better soon :heart:

1 Like

Praying for a quick recovery! :heart:

1 Like

That sounds scary, I hope you get well soon.

1 Like

Oh wow Dee, so glad they caught it early! I will be praying for you and your family! I second what Shanthi said, hopefully, FF can be a good distraction during recovery. Wishing you the best, and keep us updated!!

1 Like

I’m so glad they caught it early. Fingers crossed for a swift and easy recovery!

1 Like

Seconding everyone else with wishing you a fast and easy recovery! Will be keeping you in my thoughts!

1 Like

I hope your recovery is quick and comfortable! You and your husband will be in my thoughts :blush:

1 Like

Wishing you a quick recovery

1 Like

Wishing you a smooth and swift recovery. Very glad they caught it early on. You’ll be in my thoughts!

1 Like

So glad you caught it early. Hoping you will have a speedy and comfortable recovery. Thinking of you…

1 Like

Thank you everyone. Knowing you are there sending me energy helps sooo much.I will keep you all apprised of any updates.

Dee

7 Likes

An Update:

Dr. Grady (my breast surgeon), called this morning and told me the edges were clear and the biopsy on the other 2 nodes they removed were negative!

So now it’s just a matter of having a mammogram every year, so for now no radiation or Chemotherapy. I can honestly say I no longer have cancer!!

Thank you all for your prayers & energy. You have no idea how much that helped me.

Love You All!!!
Dee

11 Likes

This is the best news!!! Im so happy for you!

1 Like