Travers Stakes 2018 (Aug. 25) Catholic Boy & Arc de Triomphe

There is still a number of millionaire races this year! Next is Travers Stakes. It is nicknamed the “Mid-Summer Derby” and is the third-ranked race for American three-year-olds according to international classifications, behind only the Kentucky Derby and Belmont Stakes. First held in 1864, it was named for William R. Travers, the president of the old Saratoga Racing Association. His horse, Kentucky, won the first running of the Travers.

[align=center]The FF Travers Stakes info:

Date
2022-08-22

Race
Travers Stakes (Gr. 1)

Surface
Dirt

Distance
10 furlongs

Purse
$1,000,000[/align]

Links:

2018 Travers Stakes - Horse Racing Nation

Travers Stakes - Wikipedia

Past winners in real life:

• 2015 - Keen Ice
  • 2016 - Arrogate
  • 2017 - West Coast

Past Final Furlong winners:

Any plans? I may enter [color=blue]Ch. Crème Brûlée, although he’s not really “stakes level” this year (mostly). But he likes the distance, and dirt. And his sire won the 2008 Travers Stakes…

Wonder Gadot, the filly that won first two legs of Canadian Triple Crown, will run in Travers Stakes: live.drf.com/nuggets/44602-irad- … in-travers

I’ve got one entered, [color=red]Ch. Fractal. She won the 9.5f Gr. 1 Acorn Stakes in June and placed 2nd in the 9f Gr. 1 Go For Wand Stakes last month. She seems to be doing well on classic distances, but we’ll see how she does running against a bunch of boys.

Decided to take a chance with my filly, [color=red]Catullus. She was 2nd last out in the G2 Dwyer Stakes and has faired well at 8-9f on both turf and dirt. Fingers crossed this isn’t a huge mistake, lol.

Congrats Lewis for the win with Arc de Triomphe!

The real life winner is Catholic Boy :slight_smile: twitter.com/DRFLivingston/statu … 1911358464