Training/Workouts

Ok I’m a little behind in my

forum reading so I just got through this. My only question right now is how would picking a

jockey for a work-out or race work. Assuming that some jockey’s are better than others more

than one person most likely end up wanting the same jock. Also how would you name the

jockey,s (I see a lot of potential interest in naming a jockey :wink: )

As far as multiple people

wanting the same jockey…until/unless horses do workouts together, this isn’t a problem.

It’s only during a race that you’re necessarily restricted to 1 horse per rider per day

thing.

All the jockeys have names. There’s a website that randomly generates names based

off of the US Census, so I took common first/last names and put them together for each

jockey.

Cool it sounds great cant

wait until it is up and running

awesome

i was just wondering can horses be hurt/injured in the workouts??

That was a very good traininf idea. However, you should jog between 1-3 miles, being aware of real life horse training.

^^They have likely considered jogging. Not 100% sure though, havent read the whole thread. Ponying is something else to consider, alot of horses when they are coming off injuries or just starting to race train by just the pony, no jockeys

Training will reflect real life options, how many we don’t know yet. Keep in mind the more detailed/options we give you the longer it’ll take to set up workouts for each horse. And the more complicated/annoying/prone to breaking auto-training will be :wink:.

how do I train my horses.

You cannot train yet, one of the new features coming next year. :smiley:

If I understood everything-the only way to condition your horse as of now is to enter him in a race.
Thanks.
Mat

Mat,

Yes. Right now the only way to get your horse in shape is to run him in a race. So, until the new race revamp is finished, that is your only option.

Tom

When may we start training/working out our 2 year olds?

Anytime.

They aren’t showing up on the workout list,

Please read before asking questions.

On the training page, it says that horses who are at the farm (including 2yos) cannot be trained.  Horses who are in transit cannot be trained.  If your horse is nowhere near a track, they are incapable of running on the track.

I have sent my 2yo’s to the track.
3 I sent to woodbine, and one I should be able to see today.  as I sent it 25 miles to Churchill Downs.  I have read what you have posted.  I’ve just been having trouble with the stuff since the upgrades because of all the bugs.  Can’t ship horses to anywhere but Arlington, but somehow it didn’t affect my 2yo’s.  I’ve got horses where they shouldn’t be, and arranged for some to get back to the barn before I figured that out. 

I’ve also noticed that the arrival day isn’t showing up anymore on the horses page. 

And just to add something in why can’t one do some training at the farm, basically conditioning, as with a lot of places out there they do that.  I’m expecting to go bankrupt this year anyway… lol…

Just to further the R & D aspect of this, as far as I can tell shipping is working for me. I’ve sent horses (mostly currently in transit) to nearby operating tracks from those not currently racing. Calder to Gulfstream works as does Belmont to Aqueduct. The mares and foals are all home and safe. I do have a few but the plan is the just leave them there and race…plenty of races down under.  I’m just keeping them were they are as a practical matter. I’m sure they’ll need to migrate home eventually. The game has definitely taken on a far more strategic element.

One question…am I wrong in waiting until a horse’s energy reaches “D” until I ship? I am very concerned about sapping them. Or, is natural energy just completely unrelated?

There is no difference if you ship them on low energy or high energy…low energy just means they’ll drop into negative energy (not natural energy) and take longer to recover.

At the moment, shipping has no effect on natural energy.  I may add this in eventually, but for now, I think time at the track/workouts/races are enough to deal with regarding natural energy loss.  :wink:

Argus, the whole “can horses workout at farms” issue was discussed/decided a long time ago.  If horses could workout at the farm, there would be no point in ever sending the horse to the track, except to race.  In real life, horses go to the track to workout all the time.  Yes, at the farm you could probably walk, and potentially jog your horses, but in FFland the assumption is that farms feature stalls and pastures, and that’s it.  No training tracks, no riding rings, no facilities to exercise horses.  Thus, you have to go to a track to use their facilities.