Tottenham Hotspur

We are sad to report that [color=blue]GCh. Tottenham Hotspur injured himself in his stall early yesterday morning and has had to be Retired.

We bought him from the now defunct Storybook Farms as a Yearling for $41k and he went on to a successful racing career, earning more than $4m, and winning 8 Stakes Races, including the Breeders’ Cup Turf in 2014.

In a brief breeding career, he has had 3 crops that have already hit the track.

To date, he has 45 winners out of 57 racers, with 18 SW & 8 MSW. His progeny have earned an average of $280k+ and he has produced 4 Millionaires so far. He is currently Silver Ranked.

Unfortunately, any Stables that have made reservations to him for this year will have to rethink their plans. Vimes Racing, who have already bred two mares to him for this year, should find that their Stud Fees have been refunded.

Oh darn!  He was such a young stallion, too.  I’m sorry to hear that!

So sorry to hear that. :frowning: I hope his foals do him proud.

Sorry to hear that Lewis, we were looking forward to using him this year.

Oh that’s a shame Lewis. He was shaping up to be a real good sire. Hope his babies continue his success.

Oh no! He was one of my favorites and I was looking forward to sending my mare to him. I am happy to say I currently own a 3yo daughter of his and I have one mare in foal to him for this year. Hopefully one of his sons will one day continue the legacy!

Oh no! he was such a young stallion. Here’s hoping his foals carry his legacy.