Too Early To Post about Upcoming 2011 Foals?

Tall Oaks is expecting a slightly larger number of foals due next year than there has been in our last two breeding seasons.

Whirl It has been bred to Hope To Succeed and is due at the end of March. We’re hoping for a little girl from this pairing since Hope To Succeed has the best success with his daughters. Whirl It produced Breeders’ Cup Juvy Fillies winner Spinning Hill, Nashua stakes winner Proletariat, and Caltech Handicap winner Give It A Whirl. Based on Succeed’s wins in the Kentucky Derby and Belmont stakes and Whirl’s GOT this foal looks like it’ll be a long distance racer. Whirl’s rated as a Gold.
Tentative Names: Spinning Success (filly)/ Helicopter (colt)

Thinking of Dreams was bred back to Gimme A Shot a couple of weeks after Gimme My Dreams was born. We’re hoping for a colt from the second breeding but a filly would be good too. Gimme A Shot had an amazing 2005 and 2006 foal crop all coming out stakes placed or multiple stakes winners. He had one placer and one multiple stakes winner in his 2007 crop and none of 2008 foals have raced yet. Thinking of Dreams had produced 2 winners and her 2008 filly is unraced. Dreams is rated as a Bronze.
Tentative Names: Dream Shot (colt)/ Gimme My Dream (filly)

Dark Love was bred to Simply Heroic. Simply Heroic raced out his last year for Windward Farms and then was sold to Outlaws Incorpated. He earned over a million dollars and comes from a classy broodmare line. His gelded full brother is a stakes winner and Simply Heroic became Heroic Lass’s first MSW. His dam’s half-sister produced Florida Derby, UAE Derby, and Australian Derby winner Duplicate Copy. Dark Love has produced one stakes winner colt Pitch Black by Affirmed. Love is rated as a Silver.
Tentative Name: Heroic Love (filly/colt)

Deadly Game was bred to Temptation. Temptation is a son of the Storybook bred Callie and the incredible sire Cross Roads. This foal will be a 3/4 sibling to Game’s first filly Murder She Wrote who is racing pretty well. Temptation raced for three years and earned over a milion dollars meeting up with champions such as King David, Cutlass, Strider, Foolhardy, Ring of Fire, etc. This foal will be the last of a small crop of foals from Temptation’s first to be born. Game is also rated as a Bronze.
Tentative Name: Deadly Temptations (colt/filly)

Whirlagirl was bred to another Storybook stallion Crystal Rainbow. What can I say the Storybook studs are awesome.  :lol: Whirlagirl is the last mare out of 9 mares bred to Rainbow to foal for next year. He has a reasonable stud fee for a first year sire. A son of A Diamond Jewel who produced 3 MSWs in a row all by amazing stallions. Girl is rated as a Bronze.
Tentative Names: Crystal Whirl (colt)/ Rainbow Girl (filly)

Flaming Possibility was bred to our very own My Lucky Day. Flaming Possibility comes from a pretty good family with her sire being Distinct Possibility who has 2 MSWs and 1 SP. Golden Flames hadn’t done to bad in the breeding shed. She’s not a Patriot Games or a Miss Hayday but 6 out of her 8 foals have been on the board with a combined total of $234,150 with her three year old colt being the largest money earner out of all of them. My Lucky Day’s first foal to hit the track Attheendoftheday races on Saturday. Flaming Possibility has a strong gene for turning out colts but fillies are dominant with My Lucky Day. Golden Flames and Distinct Possibility both have more daughters than sons so we’ll see how their foal turns out.
Tentative Names: Flaming Luck (colt)/ Luck’s Flames (filly)

Golden Legend was another one bred to My Lucky Day. She comes from a good sire Black Legend who has 3 MSWs, 4 SP, 5 SW. My Lucky Day did best at the long distance races at 2, raced as a sprinter at 3 and did SC at 4. Golden Legend’s only win was at 3 in a 7 furlong GIII but she was tried over the SC at 4 and didn’t do to well. Golden Flames mostly has foals who raced at sprints until Admiraless who raced and placed at SC anywhere between 10.5 fulongs and 13 furlongs. Sea Aflame unlike most of his siblings races best at 10 furlongs. Miss Hayday has foals who like all kinds of races so it’s hard to tell what kind of race this foal will like.
Tentative Name: Golden Luck (colt/filly)

Royalle was our last mare to be bred to a first time sire GCH. Major’s Flight. The expecting foal will be Royalle’s second that will be sired by a first year stallion. Major’s Flight was Jazz It Up’s first son to become a stallion so we are very excited about Royalle’s foal. Coming from three GCH stallions we hope Royal will have a colt to follow in their footsteps and become a third generation GCH in Major’s family.
Tentative Names: Royal Flight (colt)/ Dashing Jazz (filly)

Strobe Light was also bred to a first time sire Magic Glory. Yet again Strobe was bred to Storybook Farm stallion. Strobe Light raced 15 times, won twice, 5 seconds with one Stakes place, 2 shows and one  Stakes third. Earned just a little over a hundred thousand on the track and raced exclusively over the jumps. Hopefully with Strobe’s like of 8 and 9.5 furlong SC races and Magic Glory’s love of anywhere from 7 furlongs to 14 furlongs we hope that the resulting foal takes to the 7-14 furlong SC races.
Tentative Names: Magic Lightz (filly)/Light of Glory (colt)

In Absentia, a purchase from Windward Farms was bred to our new stallion Secretsarebound. Absentia is ranked as Silver. The dam of MSW Back Roads Absentia was the only mare bred to Secret and hopefully this foal will be Absentia’s next SW and Secret’s first big runner.
Tentative Names: Far From Truth (filly/colt)

Lil Miss Lucky, a purchase from one of the Auctions was basically a throw caution to the wind type of purchase. Unraced and in foal with her first by Mr. Townsend. She might not have attracted a lot of attention but Mr. Townsend is great. Half-sibling to 4 MSWs and out of a Gold broodmare his first foals race next year. Lil Miss Lucky has a pretty good pedigree being by Best Brush and out of a Sharpen Up mare.
Tentative Names: Townsend Luck (colt)/Miss Townsend (filly)

Last Fling, another purchase from an Auction is just a year younger than Whirl It and is in foal with her second foal by Highland Magic. Once again a Storybook stud, hopefully next year I’ll be breeding my own homebreds out of my broodies and by my two stallions. This foal crop was our largest since joining the game nearly three years ago with only three foals not bred by Tall Oaks.
Tentative Names: Last Magic (colt)/ Highland Fling (filly)

Never too early to boast of something you should be proud of! :slight_smile: Looks like you put some genuine thought into your breedings, should be nice foals!

Thanks I can’t wait to see how they turn out.

My studs appreciate the compliments :slight_smile:. Especially glad to see people taking a risk on Temptation. I dunno that he’ll be worth it, but we’ll see. :slight_smile: Hopefully he’ll surprise me.

(See, even I retire studs for emotional reasons :wink:)

Same here. Thanks for helping in the shameless pimpage of Heroic :lol: I hope you get a nice baby from him!

Well here are my babies to be so far-

My mare, Texas Cowgirl (NCh. KC Wonder Boy X Texas Rose) had a visit with Temptation. She made just over $115,000.  I hope that this will be a good cross.

Shameka, A mare that I recived as a broodmare when I joined from final furlong, visted Blue Ensign. Shameka was retired by FF with 10 carrer stats with a winnings total of $77,650. Pretty good for 10 starts!!

Both stallions that have been bred to my mares are grey. I wonder what the foals will look like??!! This will be a first foal for both mares so I hope they will both do well.  I am hoping that the stallions’ running abilities rub off on the foals. But I guess we own’t know that for 3 more yaers!! 2014, wow that seems so far away!

I’m gonna be expecting nine babies this next season:

All Night Long (due Mar. 2nd) has been bred to Almost Home. Tentative name for the foal is Calliin Baton Rouge.

Hellish Pleasure (due Apr. 7th) was bred to Twin Oaks. I’m thinking of naming the baby Sleepy Hollow.

Crimson Chance (due Apr. 8th) went to see Oscillation. Tentative name: Ultraviolet.

Sweet Slew (due May 4th) had a date with Cross Roads. Tentative name: Sweet Dilemma.

Awesome Love (due June 2nd) went out with Distinct Possibility. Tentative name: Love Is In The Air.

Au Naturelle (due June 10) had her much-anticipated date with What’s It Worth. Tentative names: Ingenue or Nicely Done.

Acacian Reality (due July 1st) went to see Crystal Rainbow. Tentative name: Tanzanite.

Bold Actress (also due July 1st) saw No Duplicate. Tentative names: Bel Canto (colt), Prima Dea (filly).

And, A Sure Thing (due July 8th) was bred to Man O’ War. Tentative name: Manifest Destiny.

Cherry Flavoured, winner is carrying her first foal to Romeo, due 5/11

Cryptorose, a complete mystery–no race record, no foal record–in foal to Harvard Bound due 6/11

Daybreak at Dawn, winner, no foals, in foal to Almost Home due 6/11

Fantasies O’War, stakes placed, stakes producer, in foal to Highland Mystery, due 3/11  Her first foal, Iron Man, seems to be able to hold his own in stakes company.

Final Tour, stakes winner, in foal with her first to Tiz Now due 1/11

Fleeting Beauty, stakes producer, second foal shows some promise.  In foal to Highland Laird due 6/11

Go for Glory, first foal of a stakes winner, in foal to Crystal Rainbow, due 1/11

Hoppinonmyhalo, first foal of an unplaced mare, in foal to Harvard Bound due 5/11

Lone Star, second foal of a stakes placed mare, in foal to Void due 3/11

Romance Me, 6th foal of an unraced mare, in foal to I’m A Classic due 3/11

Steadfast Lover, 3rd foal of a multiple winner mare, in foal to Take Me to Hollywood due 4/11

Symbolic, 3rd foal of a multiple winner, in foal to Tiz Now due 7/11

gasp

You’re not breeding all your mares to Laird?  How dare you?!  :wink:

(Though if I had to pick a stud to send multiple mares to, Tiznow would be one of my top choices…he’s prettyful)

Only three mares :slight_smile:

Executioner, multi placed with only yearlings, went to Highland Wizard. Due 1/31. Thinking about Highland Execution I have too many ____ Execution foals :stuck_out_tongue: I was thinking Heartagram for a foal, so maybe that name will go to this foal.

Intent to Charm, no foals and no track record, went to Omaha. Due 3/4. Thinking about [color=red]Quietly Charming or [color=blue]Badlucksmyonlyluck

Spectacular Powers, unraced with multi winners, went to Highland Pride. Due 2/7. Thinking about Fire Lord

We’re hoping for all fillies, as Wither Hawk is currently overloaded with geldings and stallions. ::)

All foal names are totally tentative, because I haven’t had a chance to check to see if they exist yet.

Briton (tentative name)
Aquilla 1997 My Last Sugar x Time Brings Roses | Silver (4.3) | In foal to King David, Due 04/02/11
Dam is a Silver ranked Mare that has produced 3 Stakes placed horses from diffrent stallions and all of her foals to race are at least winners… This year went to King David, I chose King David for his spectacular Racing ability. I’m hoping for a good Turf runner from the cross.

Beautiful Disaster (tentative name)
Beautiful Distraction 2003 Easy Street x Runaround 1 foal | In foal to What’s It Worth, Due 06/01/11
Beautiful Distraction is a horse I wanted for a long time, before I purchased her at Auction. She is 1/2 to MSW Crusader. Worth needs no introduction, I have high hopes for this foal. Her Sire Easy Street thus far out of 4 broodmares with enough foals to rate, has 1 gold and 2 bronze Broodmares.

Baltic Highland
(tentative name)
Ch. Blu Highland 2004 Highland Rogue x Time Out | In foal to Danzig, Due 02/01/11
Blue is 1/2 to MSWers Rainbow Time and Mr Prospective, and out of Rogue, who produces stellar Broodmares. This is only her 2nd foal. Danzig is a Gold Rated stallion. Other Danzig x Highland Rogue Mare crosses have produced SW Danzig’s Echo and MSW Danziggity. Definitly have hopes of a solid winner in this one.

Gottawearshades (tentative name)
Bright Future 2005 Bright As Day x Endless Possibility | In foal to Highland Laird, Due 02/08/11
Dam is an Unproven multiwinner over Turf and SC is crossed to Highland Laird(gold). This is her first foal, and Laird is a proven Sire. We’re looking forward to finding out what kind of Broodmare she turns out to be.

MASH (tentative name)
Cure My Blues 2006 Mr. Prospector x Rhythm n’ Blues | In foal to War Chant, Due 02/03/11
Dam is 1/2 to MSW Lacking Sense and out of Mr. Prospector. Mr P, out of 4 mares to rate has produced 2 silver and 1 gold BM. We’re hoping to continue this with Cure My Blues. War Chant is a new stallion to the game, we’re taking a chance with this one. So exciting!

Musicbox Dancer (tentative name)
Dance For Me 2001 False Promises x Dance At Dawn | Bronze (1.0) | In foal to Take Me To Hollywood, Due 03/05/11
Dam is 1/2 to MSW Worth my Time, she’s a bronze rated Mare out of False Promises. The only other broodmare(at this time) by False Promises is  Gold rated Time for Truth.
Take me to Hollywood , the amazing  son of Worth, is a line you can’t go wrong with.

Holy Water (tentative name)
Dinghy Angel 2006 Southern Halo x Dinghy | In foal to Irish River, Due 02/08/11
Dam is created SP mare who holds a speed record for 13.5 furlongs on the dirt. She is  in foal to Irish River, out of his first crop to race, only 1 is not at least stakes placed, and all are winners.

Lighthouse (tentative name)
Ch. Easy Goes It 2006 Easy Goer x Easy Does It | In foal to Giant’s Causeway, Due 03/08/11
Dam was Retired early due to a bowed tendon, she’s SW, SP mare. Easy Goer is a Silver rated stallion with 2 mares to brood, one silver and one bronze rated. Giant’s Causeway is a New stallion, that I just love IRL, So we’ll see how he does in FF!

Virtuosity (tentative name)
Freedom’s Run 1997 Running Wild x Fight For Freedom | Bronze (2.0) | In foal to Starzen, Due 01/30/11
Dam is a Bronze rated broodmare with 2 winners she’s in foal to Starzen. this is his 2nd crop, next year the first hits the track. We’re hoping for a solid allowance horse here.

Amour Propre ( tentative name)
Freely Given 2006 Point Given x With Approval | In foal to Highland Pride, Due 02/07/11
Freely Given is 1/2 to MSW With Approval. This is her first foal, None of Point Given’s Broodmares have enough foals to rank. Highland Pride is a silver rated stallion.

Gone Freewheelin (tentative name)
Gone North 2004 Northern Slew x GCh. Dream Skipper | In foal to Devil May Care, Due 01/31/11
Gone North is 1/2 to MSW Queen, SW Moonoply, and SPed Street Skipper and Skip it. This is her first foal.While Northern Slew, her sire,  was only a bronze rated stallion, so far his broodmares are doing quite well, 2 silver and 1 gold of the 5 that have foals of racing age, the other two foals are unraced.
Devil May Care is a Silver ranked Stallion, with only 3 foals to race and each one a stakes winner. We have high hopes for this baby.

Pop Star (tentative name)
Highland Madonna 2005 Highland Rogue x Material Girl | In foal to Magic Glory, Due 02/08/11
Wildcard foal. Madonna while a winner on the track was not remarkable. her pedigree is beautiful though :slight_smile: Magic Glory on the other hand, had a wonderful race career, holding over 15 speed records over hurdles.  We’re hoping this cross gives us an Exceptional 'chaser.

Hollywood Jazz (tentative name)
Jazzanna 2006 GCh. Jazz It Up x Ciganna | In foal to Planet Hollywood, Due 03/06/11
Jazzy is MSP mare that is 1/2 to SW Damselindistress and Sw Killarny. She is in foal to Planet Hollywood, for his last crop of foals. this baby has very pretty lines.
Will be visiting Irish River later this year.

Star Crossed (tentative name)
Love Secret 2006 WCh. Secret of Love x Through The Night | In foal to Cross Roads, Due 01/31/11
Dam is 1/2 to MSW Knight Time and SP Soulofthegame. This is her first foal. The Secret of Love x Crossroads cross has produced MSWing Millioniare As You Wish.

Humbled (tentative name)
Lucked Out 2004 Dr. Time x Luck of the Draw | In foal to Highland Pride, Due 03/03/11
Dam is  1/2 to MSW Knights Luck, SW Northern  Luck, and SP Pellegrino. H.Pride is a silver ranked Stallion. We’re hoping for a nice long turf horse with this cross.

Double Dip (tentative name)
Moving Statement 2005 Brazen Remark x Moving On Up | In foal to Double Cross, Due 02/01/11
Dam is 1/2 to SP Make your Move. This is her first foal . Brazen Remark has 5 mares that have gone to brood. only 2 have enough foals to rank; 1 Silver, and 1 Gold. We’re hoping that Moving Statement follows in thier footsteps. Double Cross still has no foals to race.

Redrum (tentative name)
Risk Away 2006 Whirlaway x Big Bet | In foal to Red Sunset, Due 01/09/11
Purchased in foal at the Annual Sale because I like Whirlaway as a BM sire. This foal is the big OOPS of the bunch, due to the fact it will be 2x3 to Red Sunset.

Bowen Air Oh (tentative name)
Sacred Dancer 2003 Northern Dancer x Harmony | In foal to Gimme A Shot, Due 03/05/11
Dam is 1/2 to SW Muse, and Sp Rainshine and A.P. Masterpiece.She has one foal of Racing age, who is as of yet Unraced.  Northern Dancer has no other broodmares todate. Gimmie A Shot is a Silver ranked Stallion whose get seem to do better with a little Maturity.

Highland Kiss (tentative name)
Whisperifyoudare 2003 No Duplicate x Kiss of Time | In foal to Highland Pride, Due 05/06/11
Dam is 1/2 to MSW The Fighting Fifty and SP Dancewiththebride, Her first foal to race is as of yet Unplaced.She’s in foal to Highland Price, who has had good luck at stud thus far.

This is our biggest crop yet, with 15 of them being Homebreds.

-jumps in the fun-
umm well Next year will be Shizuka Takara’s First ever Foal crop. We have 3 broodmares this year, and we hope that our experiments will go well.

PS I Love You | In foal to Magic Cross, Due 01/11/11
NCh. Gone Haywire x Secret Admirer
She was my first horse on FF, and I decided to make her my first broodmare as well. I’m new to breeding so i talk my choice over with Edea and we decided she should visit Magic Cross. I hope we made a good choice.
Name Ideas: [color=purple]Crucify My Love (Lyrics), [color=purple]Endless Rain (Lyrics), [color=purple]Forever Love (Lyrics)
When picking names for this foal all I could think of were sad songs.

Chamber Music | In foal to Blue Ensign, Due 04/06/11
Housebuster x Circus Music
Chamber music was a claiming mare, that I decided to retire. truthfully I claimed her to experiment with breeding. She’s in foal to Blue Ensign, in hopes to throw some roan but I don’t think my plan will work. I also like Blue Ensign’s name ;D reminds me of Star Trek so be prepaired for a Star Trek Themed name. Be Warned! -evil laugh-
Name Ideas: [color=purple]Star Trek, [color=blue]Mr. Data, [color=red]Ensign Ro, [color=purple]Starfleet Officer

Mrs. Candid | In foal to Simply Heroic, Due 05/02/11
Mr. Greeley x Candid Moments
Mrs. Candid was another claimed mare for breeding experimentation. Edea pressured me into breeding to her stud so I gave in. I think they will make a nice cross, but I’m still uncertain about breeding.
Name Ideas: [color=purple]Simply Candid, [color=blue]Mr. Heroic, [color=red]Holdingoutforahero

Charlene is carrying her first foal. She was a winner on the turf, she wasn’t very impressive in 22 starts, hoping she will like her second career better. She went to NCh. Gimme A Shot this year. He has a very nice race record and his career as a stud is going quite well. We’ll see what these two produce. Possible names include; Charles, Gimme A Dancer, Gimme An Exit, Take A Bow.

Delaware Flyer never did much on the track, this foal will be her second. She is in foal to GCh. Go For Dash. He had a very nice career on the track and is doing well in the stud row. Possible names inlcude; Delaware Dash, Dasher, Hi Lili, Strong Current.

Phantom Melody placed a few times on the track, she has done well as a broodmare, all of her foals that have raced are winner including MSW Townsend Phantom. She in foal to NCh. Devil May Care for 2011. He was a very nice racehorse and has produced three nice foals of racing age all stakes winners, including two MSW’s. Possible names include; Melodious, Devilish Melody, Symphony, Devil’s Conscious.

Home Fries is in foal to Highland Magic. Home Fries was MSP and is a Platinum rated broodmare. Foal will be half to MSW SweetThunderFries and SW Go Home. Home Fries is half to MSW Diplomat, MSP Chance For Slew (dam of SW Heaven Lee) and MSP American Graffiti. No decision on a name yet.

A.P. Fantasy is in foal to Highland Bandit. A.P. Fantasy was MSW. Her first foal is an unraced 2-Y-O. Fantasy is half to MSP Dixie Dust and MSP Betting Girl. No decision on a name yet.

Highland Gold is in foal to Foolhardy. Gold was unplaced on the track and her first foal is an unplaced 2-Y-O. Gold is half to SW Pink Ace, MSP Admiraless and MSP Sea Aflame. No decision on a name yet. This foal is bred on the extremely successful Rogue-Worth cross.

Worth The Roses is in foal to Must Be Magic. Roses was a winner on the track and is Gold rated. She is the dam of SW Highland Glory. Roses is half to MSW Highland Bandit, MSW Banner Raised and SW Hit Jackpot. No decision on a name yet. This foal is bred on the extremely successful Rogue-Worth cross and will be a close relation to Highland Bandit.

High Times is in foal to What’s It Worth. Times was SW. This is her first foal. Times is half sister to MSW Nightfight and MSW Gotta Go. This foal will be named [color=blue]Nomad, regardless of gender. This foal is bred on the extremely successful Rogue-Worth cross.

Midnight Mistress is in foal to Highland Bandit. Mistress was placed on the track. Her first foal is an unplaced 2-Y-O. Mistress is half to MSW Must Be Magic and MSW Art Of Magic. She will be a very close relation to both these horses being bred on a similar cross. No name has been decided on yet.

boy it’s my biggest year yet! I’ve got 17 mares in foal! woo-hoo! Looks like i’ll need to do a reduction foal before the foals come… Anyways, here they are!

All For You in foal to Worth The Wait due on the 4/6/11. All for you is a silver mare with quite a few stakes horses under her belt and Worth The Wait is unproven so far but he’s got great breeding and a great track record. Should be a nice foal

Classic Kentucky in foal to No Duplicate due on the 6/10/11. She’s a bronze mare and No Duplicate has had some really nice foals… we’ll see about this one…

Confirmative in foal to Rahy due 1/11/11. She’s fresh of the track and Rahy has never had foals… So it’s a guessing game how this baby will do.

Crucial Move in foal to Cross Roads due 5/5/11. She’s a bronze mare but cross roads has had some supurb foals.

Don’t Ask in foal to Highland Bandit due 01/02/11. Don’t Ask was a decent runner and is fresh of the track, Bandit has many supurb foals. They should produce something great.

Dream On in foal to Devil May Care due 7/3/11. She’s a bronze mare with a few stakes runners. Devil has only had 3 foals run and all 3 ran well in stakes, lets hope this passes to all his foals.

Dreams of You in foal to  What’s It Worth due 4/4/11. A silver mare with a few stakes runners. Worth has had some phenominal foals, i have no doubt this foal will be the same… Hoping for a filly!

Expressway Kiss in foal to Heza Gallant Gent, Due 01/09/11. She’s fresh of the track, was a decent runner. Who knows how the foal will be

Flawless in foal to Devil May Care due 1/1/11, a scary date! Hope she’s born late… She too is fresh of the track, a MSP runner, should make a nice foal.

Gilded Discovery in foal to Crystal Rainbow due 3/8/11. Another fresh from the track. A mediocre runner, maybe Crystal Rainbow’s success will make up for that.

Jet Set Jenny in foal to Akhetnaten, due 2/4/11. Unproven with her foals, only one has ever ran. None of the sires foals have ever ran either. We’ll see

Kapu Hoku in foal to Go For Dash due 5/11/11. None of her foals have ran yet, dash has had some suceess in his foals. This foals hould be a runner.

Lady Gambler in foal to What’s It Worth due 5/6/11. A silver mare with many SP foals. This worth foal should be a top notch runner.

No Telling in foal to Irish River due 1/30/11. A decent runner, and I LOVE irish river for who knows why… So i’m keeping this foal no matter how they run!

Outbreak in foal to War Chant due 1/4/11. Fresh from the track, a solid runner. Toss up how the foal will be.

Reason Enough in foal to Take Me To Hollywood due 6/10/11. A gold mare with 90% of her foals being SW. The sire just went to stud but has great lines and an awesome track record.

Try To Catch Me in foal to The Black due 4/8/11. A good runner, none of her foals have run yet. The Black has sired some VERY nice foals.

But my Laird army needs to have some ponies to breed to, and if they’re all half-sibs it sort of poses a problem.  However, I now how two qualified studs (High Chances and Dark Continent).  This means I can breed these babies to High Chances for the Laird line and the Laird babies to Dark Continent.  It’s a beautiful match. =D

Musicbox Dancer doesn’t exist but MusicboxDancer does. She is one of Artful Acres’s starter horses. Just thought I’d let you know. :slight_smile:

Seems liket there’s going to be a lot of great 2011 foals! :wink:

First breeding for me.  ;)

tentative names: [color=blue]Legerity, [color=red]Strut Your Stuff
Kelly Do is in foal with Backseat Driver, due on July 2. This year is the first breeding season for my mare and me, and Backseat Driver has bred before, but none fo his foals are old enough to have raced yet, so I have no idea how the foal is going to turn out. Yet, I have high hopes because of Backseat Driver’s parents being gold breeding ranking and him being a successful runner. I picked this stallion for a cheap stud with a nice history; he fit perfectly. So I’ll keep my fingers crossed on my first foal.

Good luck to Kelly and my first crop!

A doozy of a breeding season with 16 mares.

Bright Star II (Cross Roads X Shining Bright) will be having her second foal.  Both of this mare’s parents are Silver rated so I hope she can follow.  On the track she was fairly consistent, but not great.  She is bred to Go For Dash this year and is due Jan. 9.  Go For Dash is a nice little stud and I hope for a good allowance horse from this breeding.  Foal will possibly be for sale in the future.

Candy Perfect (Northern Slew x Mi’Lady) will also be having her second foal.  This mare spent the later parts of her life as a Steeplechaser with some success, and so has been bred to Lonesome Glory for a Jan. 6th foal.

Cheersfromthecrowd (Running Gold x La Camargue) Is a maiden mare.  I bought her from the auction pre-bred to Red Sunset for a May 6th foal.  She was also fairly sucessful on the track.  Another foal that will likely be for sale (I may need my own auction! :O)

Dark Times (Dark Knight x Wonder Why)  is also in for her 2nd foal (see a pattern yet?)  This mare had endurance on the track, running until she was 5.  She has been bred to The Black in hopes of a good lower grade stakes quality foal.  This foal may or may not be for sale and is due on the 5th of June.

Is She High (Highland Rouge x Is She Kinda Magic) has been bred to No Duplicate for a foal due on Feb 3rd.  She was not remarkable on the track, but Rouge is known for having pretty broodmares.  No Duplicate is a Silver rated stallion whose few foals on the track have had good success.  I will likely keep this foal until I see how it’s siblings do.

Key To My Heart (Heart Of Stone x Backstage Pass) is a Silver rated mare (7.3) in foal to Akhetnaten and due May the 8th.  Her 2yo is stakes placed, so we’re hoping for some early power with this foal.  May or may not be for sale, depends mostly on gender haha.

Lady’s HiPride (ICh. Highland Pride x Smooth Talkin Lady) was way underpowered on the track.  In an effort to create a nicer pony, I have bred her to Planet Hollywood for a Jan 8th baby.  Hopefuly the Hollywood/Highland cross will work out here and we’ll have ourselves a nice baby.  Foal will not be for sale.

Last Minute Panic (Captain Jack x Last Challenge) is one of my favorite broodmares right now.  She really proved herself on the track, going from claimers to stakes in style.  She has been bred to the  honorable Crystal Rainbow for a foal due on Jan 6th.

Memento (Flash’s Image x Dream On), a bronze rated mare, is in the Select Auction.  She is in foal to my stallion Simply Heroic for an April Fool’s baby.

Ch.Pleasant Surprise (Pleasantville x Surprise Me) has been bred to Point Given and is due on April the 9th.  Pleasant Surprise raced sucessfuly until she was 6 years old, this will be her 4th foal.  She has a Worth baby on the track that hasn’t raced yet.

GCh. Redemption (NCh. Killing Time x Never High Enough) was my former superstar.  Her dam is Platinum and her sire Silver, so we hope she will follow in the footsteps of her parents.  She has been bred to Devil May Care for a Jan 1st baby.  We pray that the baby comes on time or later, but we will take what we can get from such a nice mare.  Redemption herself is an MSW millionaire.  This foal will certainly not be for sale.

Redwood Honor (Redwood Prince x By Honor Bound) is also in foal to Simply Heroic for a March 1st baby.  Honor was fairly sucessful on the track, and this is her second foal.  The foal was bred by Paul, so even though I own both parents, this is not a homebred.

River Gal (River King x That’s My Gal) is a Silver rated mare (4.6) carrying her 9th foal.  This one is by Sneak Peek and is due April 6th.  This foal was also bred by Paul, though I picked out the cross.

Ch. What A Witch (What’s It Worth x Midnight Magic) is probably the best broodmare in the barn right now.  She is also in foal to Devil May Care and is due on April Fool’s day.  This mare is really nice, her first foal to race this year has been raced lightly, but fairly well.  Hopefuly this will be a nice baby.

Ch. Your Cash Treat (Silhouette x Ch. True Fletchings) is a mare that was MSP on the track and was a pretty nice racer.  I personaly love Silhouette mares, and have chosen to breed this one to Bold Ruler for her first foal.  This should be a pretty nice foal, and is due April 4th.

Yssandra (Yssellen x Essala) is also Silver rated (7.5) and is one of my favorite broodmares.  She is in foal to the venerable What’s It Worth for a May 10th baby.  We’re hoping for a filly, of course, but a colt is nice too.

Our broodmare band is slowly growing. I will not sacrifice quality over quantity. We have 14 foals due next year our biggest crop ever. More will be writen about the horses later but right now I am on my way to a horse show.

GCH A.P Valentino (AP. INDY X REPUNZEL) is bred to Jazz it up
Advance Signal ( Hoist the Flag x Foredate) is bred to Distinct Possibility
GCH.Dream Skipper (Skipping Stones x Dream it) is bred to Magic Cross
Egyptian Pharaoh (King Tut x Queen of the Nile) is bred to Jazz it up
Gold Rush (Mr. Prospector x Rush Home) is bred to Jazz it up
Hidden Chance (Cross Roads x Gimme A Chance) is bred to High On Love
Ch. High Enough (Highland Rogue x Reason Enough) is bred to Jazz it up
Highland Rose (Highland Laird x Wine n’ Roses) is bred to Mr. Townsend
Ch. Light My Way (Whats it Worth x Ch. Brighly Burning) is bred to Jazz it up
Prosperous Cheater (Live to lie x Vanity Fair) is bred to Jazz it up
Repunzel (Prince of Dreams x Happily ever after) is bred to High On Love
Ch. Sadie Hawkins (Gallant Fox x NCH.Burning Ember) is bred to Sadler’s Wells