Today's Royal Ascot Picks

2:30 Norfolk Stakes (Gr2)    Warsaw
3.05 Ribblesdale Stakes (Gr2)  Cosmodrome
3.45 Gold Cup  (Gr1)              Sergeant Cecil

Uhm… I don’t know when these run XD Time differences… but I haven’t found results… so… haha. I’m going to try =D

2:30 Norfolk Stakes (Gr2)
Kingsgate Native

3.05 Ribblesdale Stakes (Gr2)
All My Love

3.45 Gold Cup  (Gr1)
Baddam

Yay =) lol.

And it was…

2:30 Norfolk Stakes (Gr2)
Winker Watson

3.05 Ribblesdale Stakes (Gr2)
Silkwood (All My Loving ran second)

3.45 Gold Cup  (Gr1)
Yeats

Haha. Well… I didn’t get any right.

Warsaw 10th/11 -  was the big disappointment of the race. He looks like a sprinter, and having already won on quick ground could have been expected to have handled underfoot conditions. This was not his true form, and he ran as if something was amiss

Cosmodrome 7th/12 -  had managed to take a huge step up in class when landing a Listed event at Goodwood last time but this was certainly a bridge too far. She was soon racing just off the pace but faded from over a furlong out. It could well be that she doesn’t stay this mile and a half trip and a return to a mile and a quarter could serve her well

Sergeant Cecil, 14th/14 -  trailed in last, finding little in the straight after racing towards the rear, where he was never really on an even keel and was particularly keen for a spell heading towards Swinley Bottom. Connections found nothing physically wrong with him and concluded that he possibly remembered last year’s unhappy experience here, where he got messed around straightening for home and finished fifth. He evidently doesn’t like being crowded, and there is a school of thought that reckons he is better dropped right out, as he was in the Cadran and as Geordieland was here. It was a shame he didn’t run his race, as he came here at the top of his form and looked the one most likely to trouble Yeats

Pretty dismal yesterday , here’s hoping for today :-

2.30 Alabany Stakes (Gr3)    You’re so thrilling
3.05 King Edward VII Stakes (Gr2)  Salford Mill
3.45 Coronation Stakes (Gr1)  Mi Emma
4.55 Queen’s Vase (Gr3)  Consulate

wow, you Aussies have like your own little word down there  :smiley:

?

I’m from England!!!

You’resothrilling 2/20 - did not have a trouble-free run, but it would be stretching things to claim she should have won. She flyjumped leaving the stalls and was then settled towards the rear, although ahead of the winner. When Nijoom Dubai began her effort, she went after her but had to be switched twice, on the second occasion after being slightly hampered by the winner. While that makes it sound as if she was unlucky, she was always playing second fiddle through the final furlong

Salford Mill   7/9 - got lit up by early crowding when trying to settle at the back and raced enthusiastically for a while before, not surprisingly remembering how long he took to pick up to win his Listed race at Newmarket, he was badly outpaced in the sprint home before plugging on despite edging right

Mi Emma 2/13 - reputation grew to such an extent that she was sent off joint-favourite, a remarkable achievement for a German filly against such top-notch opposition. Although far from disgraced, she did not travel with the electricity she showed at Dusseldorf in her home Classic, and the explosive turn of foot she had produced inher three victories was not delivered on this first foreign trip. Her trainer said fast ground would have been preferable, which is fair, as although some will point to her having scored on soft ground on her debut, that was against ordinary opposition. Connections also feel she will come on for her first run in 54 days and, given how good she had looked before this effort, she should not be forgotten

Consulate 7/11 - no excuses, poor