Today we bury our beloved broodmare...

Our gold-rated broodmare, CROSSTHETHRESHOLD, who retired after a difficult birth this spring, in which the colt did not survive, has sadly passed away in the wee hours of this unseasonably warm night…

We are grateful to still have two of her daughters (Ch. AFTERGLOW, MSW by Affirmed, and TALKOFTHETOWN, 2YO winner by Rumor Has It), as well as a yearling colt (CRISSCROSS, by I’m A Classic), to run under our colors before hopefully joining our breeding herd.

She also is succeeded by MSW GCh. DEBUT PERFORMANCE (x Class Act), SP MURDER BY NUMBERS (x Run For It), MSW Ch. ENCORE PERFORMANCE (x Sneak Peek), SW Ch. ARTEFACT (x Black Gold), and CROSSPOINT (x Point Given), who has only started 3 times before her owner went inactive.

Collectively, her offspring have netted nearly $2 million, spread nearly equally among her seasoned offspring - a nod to her consistancy in producing.

This spring was a difficult loss, losing this broodmare and her unborn colt.  But today is a sad day, in the end of her existence.  Such exceptional mares are rare and awe-inspiring…  Ivy Creek Farm was blessed to have owned her for her last few years, and for that, I am grateful.

Rest In Peace, CrossTheThreshold…

Having produced 3 MSW & 1 SW, it is easy to see how she got to Gold.

A sad loss to the breeding ranks but nice to know that she has left such a legacy behind her. May she live on in them.

Our sincerest condolences.

I hope the babies you have from her continue her legacy.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear of your loss. It’s always hard to lose a good one.

Thanks, guys.

The real loss was losing her breeding abilities & baby in the spring, but I felt it necessary to say something to note her passing.  Still, I’m grateful for getting to ever own her, and to have her 3 offspring to race and breed in the future.

Sorry to hear  :'(

I raced 3 of her babies, DP, EP & Artefact.

Managed to get stakes wins out of all of them, the last two are now in foal to my stallion Can’t Touch This, so she will live on.

She’ll be missed as I always looked out for her foals when in the auctions etc.

Sorry for your loss, always hard to lose a good horse.

Sorry for your loss! I had a mate die overnight too. :frowning:

A mate, or a mare?
Either way, I am sorry for your loss as well.
Obviously if you did mean mate, then that is far worse than my trivial game mare…  That’s not a fun or easy life experience to deal with, and I wish I could say that I’ve never been there…  :frowning:

Sorry! I meant mare. Autocorrect…