This Can't be right. O.O

My leased mare, Baltic Bird has been at ‘F’ energy for at least 2 weeks, maybe 3. The worst I’ve done to her is breeze 1/2 furlong at 20% effort 2 or 3 weeks ago. I shipped her home after that. I did a 1/2 furlong walk with her today, same effort, and her jockey says she’s “bursting with energy”.

And she has ‘A’ fitness, so I dunno what’s happening.

If the jock doesn’t know the horse well they will throw all sorts of comments out there. Take what most of them say with a grain of salt.

Also if your horse is at an F for energy I wouldn’t work them at all.

Hrm, I don’t usually exercise and I’d much rather pay attention to Energy in this situation than Fitness. Some horses can take up to 25 days to recover, so just let her chill with no workouts (even walking) and see if Energy moves up at all :slight_smile:

Also, she was only home for a week, and the time before that… doesn’t really exist. She didn’t come home much last year (my bad =X), so I wouldn’t be surprised if she needs a solid month at home. Hopefully she’ll bounce back quickly!

She’s always recovered very quickly, going from an F to a B in two weeks or less. It’s very out of character for her.

She’s ran 4 times within a month and has only been at the farm for a week.  Her NE is probably very low.  I believe low NE will cause slower Energy regain, but I could be wrong about that.

It won’t, but it will sap energy faster.

So if a horse has 90% NE and runs 1f, it might cost them 15% energy.  Same horse, 3 months later, has 5% NE and runs 1f, it might cost them 65% energy.  So even though you did the same exact workout, it will cost them a lot more energy when they’re mentally exhausted, and therefore there will be a lot more energy to recover.

[Note: the above #s were totally made up, I have no clue how much energy it takes to run 1f.]

How can we find out what our horses NE is? Is this something that can be displayed in the same places as Energy and Fitness?

NE is indicated by jockey comments during workouts.  Also, it is constantly lost each day the horse is at a track and any workouts/races take more out.  The harder the race/workout was, the more NE it takes.  Hence the recommendation of sending horses home for a month every 6 months or doing shorter rests more frequently (ie a week a month or whatever).

Okay, after her lease ending, and being re-leased, her energy’s an A. Something’s wrong. =/

Well, Shanthi posted that there were some problems with the daily update script.  My guess is that one of those is what actually caused the lack of energy regain as almost all my horses made a big jump in energy when she fixed it.  Either she recalculated energy since the problems started, or she just went ahead and assumed there might’ve been a problem and gifted all the horses with energy.

Actually, the daily energy script does that for me. :slight_smile:  The last date it ran is stored in the database, and it figures out how to do all the day(s) in between.  I set it up that way so that if races had issues running, horses wouldn’t regain energy prior to them having lost it in the race, but it works for when the database is being stupid, too.

Yes, I noticed the same thing too. For the last week or so, most of my horses had Energy of “F”, even though some of them hadn’t run for a couple of weeks and weren’t doing workouts, and some of them were actually back at the Farm. On Friday, I noticed that their energy had gone up and now, most of them have Energy of “A” or “B”, basically the only ones with “F” are the ones who have run recently (which is what one would expect).

Whatever fix you made for this, Shanthi, God Bless You.