The Racing Corner -- 2012 Stakes Race Programs (Saturday)

You and me both.  ;-)  I’m hoping you’re right on this one. 

The program for tomorrow can be found here. I found the layout that I liked better.

Let me know if any of the words seems cut-off, I checked but I might have missed some. For some reason if I don’t set the border out a ways it cuts off the words.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the other layout better as you can see who is running what horse and the odds and easier to compare yours to the other horses.

Well, you can see the game’s predicted odds on the post parade, so it seems a bit silly for Juli and Kim to work on plotting out their own odds that just reflect “we think these 3 horses stand a good chance of winning, not sure about those 5, and these two are hopeless”. :wink:

Sorry it was stupid of me to offer an opinion when others do it. 

Saying you like the other layout’s better is fine, but if your main reason is because of the odds, I can definitely see why that part would be skipped, since FF generates odds already. :slight_smile:

(Not that FF odds are remotely correct, of course, but if you’re going to read all the blurbs anyway - which I know I do - it’s not like it really adds to the experience to see different odds as well)

I do like your top 3 picks for each race, Juli. :slight_smile:

It is not necessarily the odds, it was the whole layout in like a grid form.  The Feb 20th program is a good example. 

They don’t have to create their own odds as it is listed in the post parade and can be transferred to the form.

I know it is a lot of work and very time consuming and it is greatly appreciated by everyone!!!

I personally would like to see the stable name listed so us new people to stakes racing can see what farms are doing good w/out having to flip back and forth between the article and the post parade for each comment to see the stable name.

It is cool to see my horses, who never run in a stakes race, get a mention that they might have shot of lighting the board.

Reminds me of Kayleigh’s mare, Double Candi, being the odds on favorite for a race in California and the Daily Racing Form Handicappers were doing their morning talk and mentioned her and were saying how they really liked her and you would be stupid not to include her in your picks.  She should have won that day but the jockeys kept putting her in the rail and when she finally got clear in the homestretch, she had 10 lengths to make up and she did all but 1 length and finished 2nd for a $2400 payday.

So, reading these brings back good memories and I hope you guys continue it and IF you need help, holler :smiley:

FYI:
Your pick of Last Account to finish 2nd in the Ungraded Busher Stakes was dead on :astonished:  Thanks Guys ;D

I mostly like using this new layout because it is (in some ways) less complicated than the other. I had planned but forgot to put the owners name in parentheses next to the horses name. This way I can also write more (or less) about each horse and it doesn’t look funny like it did in the grid.

Putting them in parenthesis works.  That was the main thing.  Looks good and I like your predictions so far :wink:

I love the race programs! I love reading what you think of my horses even though you didn’t think While It Lasts could do it! LOL! :wink:

As I secretly cheer on While It Lasts… come on now Jason always wins with horses that I’ve bred :wink:

No program for today’s races due to the site being down. Look for one next week though. :slight_smile:

Sorry guys, I completely forgot about writing up the program yesterday!  :-\

No problem. :slight_smile:  These things are bonuses for us, not something for you to feel bad if you don’t do!

The program for tomorrow is here.

It is in .xls format so when the box pops up just click open. For some reason the .html version was having spasms and wouldn’t upload properly.

ooh! It is so exciting to finally have one of my horses in there. :slight_smile:

The program for the 29th can be found here.

Back to the .html format like normal. :wink:

Fingers crossed my guys do as well as you think Juli! :wink:

The program for tomorrow is here minus races #49 & #50. I just got finished with Race #48 and it is almost Midnight her so I’m going to go to bed now.  :wink: